IGNORED

First Hole in 1 - Par 3 course -Does it "count" ?

Packerdave
Note: This thread is 6090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My only hole in 1 has come on a par 3 course.

IMO, I still don't have a hole in one.

In My Bag:
905T 9.5* w/Graffalloy Blue - D8
Maltby Trouble Out 13* 3+-Wood w/ Aldila NV - D4
HALO 1 Hybrid w/S400 Steel - D4
Maltby M-05 Forged 3-PW w/ Rifle 6.5 - D4 Vokey Oil Can 52* 56* 588 RTG DSG Bioniks Rl 209 Putter (400 grams) E5+

I say bollocks to the idea that a short ace is any less spectacular than a long ace. If given the choice, I am sure we would all prefer to have a hole in one on some 200+ behemoth, but also, if given the choice, I think we would all rather have any hole in one than no hole in one.

I don't think the odds drop that dramatically based solely on the length of the hole...but I am not a statistician. Would make for an interesting project, I think.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

I say bollocks to the idea that a short ace is any less spectacular than a long ace. If given the choice, I am sure we would all prefer to have a hole in one on some 200+ behemoth, but also, if given the choice, I think we would all rather have any hole in one than no hole in one.

Had a friend one time hit a driver 275 yard rolled up the green into the hole. Hole in one on a par 4. That is crazy

In all honesty, the only opportunity most humans will have for a hole-in-one will be on a par 3 hole, no matter what the length. Whether there are a bunch of them back to back on a par 3 course or a few par 3 holes scattered on a large course.

It counts.

Congrats

i had my hole in one on a par 3 aswell!
It was a course on a hotel ground but it was on the 1st hole about 95 yards.People were saying that i didnt count which made me feel stupid for even making a big deal out of it.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

first off congrats on the hole in one, still waiting for mine. everyone has made very valid points and hands down it definately counts. Aside from technical details and rulings I think the issue comes with the length of the par 3. 140 yards uphill is, like you said, not an easy shot and by no means simple but many par 3 courses have extremely short holes. I have never had a hole in one but I've holed out 75 yard wedge shots and 25 yard bunker shots so if I stepped up to an 60 or 70 yard par 3 and holed out I would be extactic that I just holed out but I wouldn't frame it under the traditional sense of a hole in one.

it depends on where you are. in my area we don't have many par 3 courses that consist of traditional par 3's. everything is like 40-90 and then there will be a beast 230 yard par three on the course.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Counts to me. I don't really care what your JEALOUS friend says.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

which course in Milwaukee?

It depends on what type of course in my mind. If it's just some pitch and putt, then it probably is a little on the less spectacular end. If the hole is 140, it's legit. The National Hole In One association should give you some info. I've played par 3 courses where they were all legit par 3's and some holes were up in the mid 200's. I would imagine most par 3's that the average golfers play are between 125 and 185 from the white tees, so why wouldn't yours count?

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

I don't care where you got it, 140 is 140 and 1 is 1. Congrats.
However, I think I read somewhere that the USGA frowns on aces made on courses with more than 4 par 3's. ( screw 'em)
Anyone else ever heard of this?

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'm definitely counting it !!

Someone asked about the course. Its Missing Links in Mequon, WI. As far as Par 3's go, its challenging. Way back when, it was designed as a Jack Nicklaus "Cayman Ball" Course. Those were the funky balls with the dimples that stuck out to make the ball travel 1/2 as far, so you could hit full clubs on a short course. It has since been converted to an above average par 3.

http://www.missinglinksmequon.com/

About Us
An interesting fact is that Missing Links was designed in cahoots with Jack Nicklaus.* It is probably the most unique Par 3 golf course in Wisconsin, perhaps in the country. It is extremely identifiable.... just ask anybody about that course along I-43 with all the hills and berms and they will say "yeah I know which one". Trouble is, even after 8 years of banning the silly Cayman Ball and redoing our greens to match country club quality, people still think that you can only use those "strange" pimpled balls. Truth be told- Missing links is played with a normal golf ball. Bring all your clubs because the longest hole is 220 yards and if the wind is blowing you are going to need pin-point accuracy
Driver G5 , 10.5 Degrees
3 Wood X-Hot
Hybrid Rescue Dual 3 Hybrid
Irons LCG 4-PW
Wedges Tour WedgesPutter Monza CorzaBall NXT or Pro V1

I say it counts for sure... Congrats!!

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

So after about 18 years of golf, I finally got my first hole in one, maybe...

It counts. It would count if it were 50 yards, perfectly flat, chip-n-putt. Your tee shot found the bottom of the cup during a round. Now, if you hit a bucket at the green and the last one found the bottom of the cup, then maybe I could understand the "it didn't count" argument. But during a round, on a course that just wasn't regulation? So what? Great shot! Congratulations. And remember to tell your son that he might get one in too someday!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I say it counts........... so long as you bought everyone a drink after the round.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had a friend one time hit a driver 275 yard rolled up the green into the hole. Hole in one on a par 4. That is crazy

I did that once too! :)

...of course it was on Tiger Woods Golf on the Xbox. ;)

Wait a minute. I just realized that you're a Packers fan...

Doesn't count.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

It count's unless you have a Packer's logo anywhere on the ball or your bag. Then it would be a seven. If you were wearing a "Cheese Head" you are DQ'd.

Nice job.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 6090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!