IGNORED

My search for the best ball.....surprising result.

Note: This thread is 3950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I have decided in my search for the right golf ball for me, I would play just about all that there are out there on the market today.

Here's some of the new ones in the sleeves so you can see all the different ones ive tried

I had a bag full of some others I emptied out of the sleeves

I tried the TM Rocketballz, TM Penta 5, Titliest NXT Tour S, Titleist Velocity, Titleirst DT Solo, Titleist PROV1X, 2013 Nike Mojo, Nike One Rzn, Nike 20XIX, Nike Vapor, Wilson Staff Tour, Wilson Staff Tour X, Callaway Diablo Tour Hot, Callaway Hex Black Tour, Callaway Chrome, Callaway Solaire, Srixon Q Star, Top Flite 2010 Gamer V2, Bridgestone E6.

I am 32, about a 15 handicap and quickly getting that lower, strike the ball pretty well, driver speed is about 105mph, and I played all the balls throughout this past month in good temperatures, usually 85-95 degrees outside, 5-15mph wind speeds. They all have certain aspects that are good about them. But the clear winner as far as distance, driving feel, reduced side spin, good feel on the greens, good spin on the greens, and good feel off the irons and chipping is.........

I only have about 150 premium balls now, but as soon as they are gone, I am buying up the V2's as much as I can, tried to get an ammo box of them yesterday but they were out.

Good luck with the Gamer. I like the HEX Chrome for my game. I need the extra spin/launch and love the urethane cover for bite around the greens on partial and delicate swings.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jimmyzl1

Have you tried the gamer?

I was around for the original and 2nd versions. I like urethane covers for around the greens and the HEX Aerodynamics are tough to beat in the wind.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Anything srixon man. Played a whole round yesterday with a Zstar sl and it still looks almost brand new. (First time never losing a ball) after a few holes the balls I use are usually chewed up cause my wedges but these have great spin and durable! Also have the Zstar xv and they are great too

I like the gamers as well, but I feel like they get knocked down a bit in windy conditions.  Nice in the cold, but I feel like the Pro V1x is better in the wind and around the greens.  That being said I will still play the gamers at scrambles and casual rounds, it is a nice ball.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Wow, Gamer huh? Interesting, I'll have to try it out. I've started using the Bridgestone E6 and absolutely love it. I'm fighting a bit of a slice lately so it's been helping lots. Quiet and soft. Can barely hear the ball when you putt.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

Wow, Gamer huh? Interesting, I'll have to try it out. I've started using the Bridgestone E6 and absolutely love it. I'm fighting a bit of a slice lately so it's been helping lots. Quiet and soft. Can barely hear the ball when you putt.

Word of warning, Gamers seem to be extremely rare in Canada, at least that is the case in Quebec. Too bad, that ball is fantastic value.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Every since I got serious about golfing a few years ago, all my friends and family feel the logical Christmas and Birthday gift would be balls. I have Tour Ball, Soft Balls, Yellow Balls, 3-piece Balls, 4-piece Balls, Refurbished Balls, and every other Ball you can think of. Not sure If I should commit to one ball or count my blessing and never half to worry about buying balls again.

Every since I got serious about golfing a few years ago, all my friends and family feel the logical Christmas and Birthday gift would be balls. I have Tour Ball, Soft Balls, Yellow Balls, 3-piece Balls, 4-piece Balls, Refurbished Balls, and every other Ball you can think of. Not sure If I should commit to one ball or count my blessing and never half to worry about buying balls again.

I would suggest you play the same. I'm like you and this year is my first that I'm playing one ball and it actually does help. You know how the ball will react weather it's a tour ball or a cheap ball !

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Word of warning, Gamers seem to be extremely rare in Canada, at least that is the case in Quebec. Too bad, that ball is fantastic value.

Yeah you're right! I asked my friend who happens to be a local pro here and he said they're tough as hell to find in our neck of the woods. Online he used to get them but he's been playing the ProV1 so doesn't even touch them anymore. I'll wait to get through a sleeve of my bridgestones and will try to order some online to test.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

i've been playing the bridgestone E6. I love the way it feels around the greens. I have a 110+ club speed, but I like the softer balls. They fit my game better at this point. I liked the older taylormade RBZ balls. not the uryethane ones. although they aren't too bad either. but the bridgestone e6 has been great for me

Looks like TopFlite is now a Dick's brand so you'll only be able to get them there. There are two versions of the Gamer now, one that is like the V2 (although they dropped "V2" from the name) and the Gamer Tour, which has a urethane cover.

In my opinion, the best new ball for the money is the Callaway HEX Pro... it's only available at Costco but it is a 4 piece ball with the same cover as the HEX Black. Very good ball and only $24/dozen.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I play TM TP5. Just love the feel round the greens. And there not to spiny off my wedges.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Taylormade Burner is my sleeper golf ball. My wife bought them for me as a gag gift because they came in a 15 pack at Wal Mart and so of course I had to play them to make her happy and get a laugh....I just love everything that it does and I've always preferred the Taylormade golf balls in windy conditions.  For that price that they cost I can't see changing anytime soon.  The only other golf balls that have been love at first strike for me was the Callaway Hex Tour 56 and the Nike One Tour D and know the Burner.

Note: This thread is 3950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!