IGNORED

Tiger Woods' chances to win at Merion??

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will Tiger win his 15th major at Merion?

• No... Tiger hasn't played Merion before... So the journey for 15 majors continues.
    • Yes... Tiger is a Slam Dunk to win his 15th major at Merion.
    • Maybe... Even at 7-2 odds. I don't gamble.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by bplewis24

I stopped reading after "cherry picked."

Ditto.

He picks tournaments that fit his schedule. Period. He's won at every PGA Tour stop he's played as a pro more than three times, I think.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Additionally, on the point of cheapening Tiger's winning by claiming that he only, (or primarily) plays and wins events that suit him.. What pro wouldn't do that if they could, and get similar results? They all would!!! He's the only one who can. That's the difference. Sure, his win % would be lower if he played more.. But he's still the greatest player that any of us born after 1975 have seen, or will ever see. Beyond any doubt whatsoever. That said, I give him a coin flip chance to win at Merion. He'll need some breaks to go his way this week, cause if they don't, the memory of last weeks poor performance may be too strong, and too recently avaliable in his mind to cast out doubt like he normally would be able to.

And Kuchar and Schwartzel and Weekley, among others, are peaking at the moment, looking good.

Tiger has to be favourite, but here's a pretty unassuming hopeful I caught up with in Australia, Marcus Fraser. Very straight from tee to green and an exceptional putter http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gMK4jK9PiDw

Originally Posted by sofingaw

Additionally, on the point of cheapening Tiger's winning by claiming that he only, (or primarily) plays and wins events that suit him..

What pro wouldn't do that if they could, and get similar results?

They all would!!!

He's the only one who can. That's the difference.

Sure, his win % would be lower if he played more.. But he's still the greatest player that any of us born after 1975 have seen, or will ever see. Beyond any doubt whatsoever.

That said, I give him a coin flip chance to win at Merion.

He'll need some breaks to go his way this week, cause if they don't, the memory of last weeks poor performance may be too strong, and too recently avaliable in his mind to cast out doubt like he normally would be able to.

There are plenty of successful PGA players who show up at 25 tournaments a year.   Are they struggling to keep their card?   Struggling to pay a mortgage?   Not all.

Basically it is no fun rooting for the favorite, nor is betting on the favorite a fun bet.

There are a couple of dozen players who look like they are sort of peaking this year and any of them could take the Open.   So could a number of players who are slumping like Bradley or Michelson.   Could be a dark horse, ranked 400th in the world.   Ok, so it won't be an amateur.

Will it be an American?    50/50 odds on that?  Could easily be a South African, an Aussie, an Irishman, a Swede.  Maybe even an Argentinian.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Originally Posted by Ole_Tom_Morris

There are plenty of successful PGA players who show up at 25 tournaments a year.   Are they struggling to keep their card?   Struggling to pay a mortgage?   Not all.

Basically it is no fun rooting for the favorite, nor is betting on the favorite a fun bet.

There are a couple of dozen players who look like they are sort of peaking this year and any of them could take the Open.   So could a number of players who are slumping like Bradley or Michelson.   Could be a dark horse, ranked 400th in the world.   Ok, so it won't be an amateur.

Will it be an American?    50/50 odds on that?  Could easily be a South African, an Aussie, an Irishman, a Swede.  Maybe even an Argentinian.

Ben Crane immediately comes to mind. Hilarious, laid back guy with nice cars, a nice paid off home and access to everything Golf at any time. The guy is living the dream and is not necessarily a household name in comparison to Phil and Tiger.

He can be the faforite, but i think that he don't win The Us Open.

I have played Merlon course once and the only thought after that round:

"Keep the ball on the fairway"

The last weekend was not the best Tiger.

The winner can be anyone

Kuchar?

The winner will be the player who can find fairways

with best regards

Anna

Originally Posted by Anna

He can be the faforite, but i think that he don't win The Us Open.

I have played Merlon course once and the only thought after that round:

"Keep the ball on the fairway"

The last weekend was not the best Tiger.

The winner can be anyone

Kuchar?

The winner will be the player who can find fairways

with best regards

Anna

I know Tiger didn't play well at Memorial, but I think he hit 84% of the fairways. If he continues to do that next week, although from the looks of it I'd be surprised if anyone hits 84% of Merion's fairways, then he just needs to putt well. Easier said then done I'm sure.

• Administrator

"he hit 84% of the fairways"

% doesn't mean everything

If u are %-player then u must be v good

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like Tiger, but not his fans.

Tiger is the best golf player in the world, but not The God.

U must have always heros, if somebody says the God will win

aargghh

this is golf not church service.

i like our last european ryder cup team but they are only golf players nothing else

aargghh

i like our last european ryder cup team but they are only golf players nothing else

I erased my post. I can't even make sense out of anything I quoted here, so I'll just have a beer... scratch my head and move on.

aargghh

Wilt Chamberlin is God, but Tiger has done pretty well .

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

aargghh

You are my new favorite

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Spyder

u proved that he is your God

You make less sense than John Daly drinking virgin coke. Get back on topic now.

This would be a great time for Shorty to make his come-back!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!