IGNORED

All About The Tempo!!

Sevi316
Note: This thread is 3956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing the game now for about 4 years. Never had a lesson but i watch a lot of the Golf Fix and the Golf Channel. Lately they have really been stressing having good tempo in your swing. I really focused on that this week and shot my best round ever in my league this week!!! I shot a 37 on par 36 and I could not have been happier. I am playing 18 in the morning and looking forward to the new tempo swing of mine!!

Absolutely. Funny you posted this. I've been playing for 2 years and had been struggling with inconsistent shots. Slowed down my backswing a bit and really focused hard on smooth tempo... Almost holding the top of my backswing for a half second or so before starting the downswing and really accelerating through the ball. Amazing results... and as luck would have it my putter was cooperating. Had my best round so far and cannot wait to play again on Sunday.

Awesome man.  With scores like that, who can complain?  Tempo is great, and is one of the most important factors in a swing.  Just make sure that you don't over-exaggerate too much.  Some folks get carried away.  They slow their swing down, get good tempo, and get good results, and then subconsciously start focusing too much on tempo, and their swing gets slower and slower,and then other problems start to crop up.  Just something to keep in mind.  Good job nonetheless!

just had this revelation myself -- you always hear it, but it's true.  similarly watching Golf Channel, the first episode of Big Break Academy helped me a ton.  someone (Stephanie??) uses a 6-count -- 3 on the backswing, impact at 4, 5-6 to finish (i also read the 3:1 backswing:impact ratio is key, so that makes sense).

i use this tempo almost like a waltz in my head now... makes this old ad even funnier with that in mind

Originally Posted by MeytonPanning

Almost holding the top of my backswing for a half second or so before starting the downswing and really accelerating through the ball. Amazing results...

likewise.  coupled with tempo, letting gravity work it's magic instead of forcing the club down with my arms was another tip that helped me a lot.  crushing my long irons, which is good because my woods haven't been cooperating...

-- In the Bag --

Cobra S3 White Driver (10.5*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S 3-Hybrid (18*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S Irons (4i-GW)

SCOR 4161 Forged Wedge (55*)

Cleveland VP1 Putter

You need significant time and practice to improve your tempo. You first of all need to learn the fundamental of Golf and then set up a practice schedule with quality instruction. Training aids is very crucial as well as it assist your body learn certain position and movement connected to golf swing. One final tips, it get your self into fitness regime. The process of golf swing requires that your body demonstrates a good level of balance, endurance, strength and power , and that's why fitness is important.

Note: This thread is 3956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!