IGNORED

MxV Putter...a bit unusual

Note: This thread is 3956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was driving down the road this past week and there was a Jeep in front of me with a spare tire cover that read - MxV Putters, Brookfield, CT.

We were coming upon a stop light so I pulled alongside him, rolled down the window and we chatted for about 30 seconds before the light turned.

My curiosity was picqued so I came home and did a quick search.

I'll leave it to ya'll to comment - it is one "interesting" design.

http://www.mxvgolf.com/home.html

• Administrator

Saw them at the PGA Show. Their claims about topspin are simply wrong. In putting you get topspin when you have a rise angle greater than the delivered loft. Ideally you want it without NEGATIVE delivered loft, which hitting below the equator on this putter will create.

Everyone with a hare-brained idea for golf gets into putters…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It would seem that Dr. Abez Kryemadhi form Messiah College and Issac Newton would disagree with you.

I seem to recall some company doing a similar desigh about 10 years ago with a similar albeit more conventional head.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by MAINUH

It would seem that Dr. Abez Kryemadhi form Messiah College and Issac Newton would disagree with you.

In what way? Because they can't (and don't).

Originally Posted by MAINUH

I seem to recall some company doing a similar desigh about 10 years ago with a similar albeit more conventional head.

Tear drop putters.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

In what way? Because they can't (and don't).

This?

Quote:
The MxV1 putter is center weighted to promote a pendulum swing, creating a true roll. Based on Newton's Cradle (the popular executive desk toy that adorned many a corporate office in the 70's), by striking a golf ball with a putter of equal diameter, you essentially hit a ball with a ball. Naturally, you'll strike the center of gravity with less error as the club glides to its target in a steady flow of energy (momentum, hence M x V).

Please.

Here:

Guess which will create topspin or "true roll" (probably none for the latter, truthfully).

• Administrator
Originally Posted by MAINUH

Was only kidding about the Dr. and Newton, hence the wink in my post.

Fair enough. You used the "cool dude" smiley so I read it as such.

For 200 bones, this putter better reach up and tickle my 'nethers, because god knows it's not giving me anything that I am currently missing from my Odyssey blade.

Jack Hamm should get behind this sideshow putter and pair it with his driver.

"See how Jack Hamm shoots 2 on every hole by only using 2 clubs after the following commercial, along with people that we do not know and did not pay to awkwardly smile and agree!"

I am that guy in the Jeep and the inventor of the MxV1 putter (mxvgolf.com). It is, in fact, scientifically proven to be more accurate than the #1 putter on tour. Whether you believe it or not, anything other than using one yourself, is just pure conjecture. We are not wrong in our claims about topspin as simply put, a ball hitting a ball of the same diameter will do so at the center of gravity, the sweet spot, and create the perfect roll (if you were to examine Newton's Cradle, for example). Watch the Quintic study that proves what we claim. Also, although we've been compared to the teardrop, if you look at us side by side on field test us alongside the teardrop - you'll see why we don't get the comparison.

All this to say we have a great product, we don't make claims we can't back up, and if you tried it for yourself, you can speak from a position of authority. There's too much at risk spending the time and money we have to come out with a revolutionary new product just to allow the naysayers to use a forum to discount all the hard work. Do your homework. We have.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by bkwitt

It is, in fact, scientifically proven to be more accurate than the #1 putter on tour.

No it isn't.

Seriously, enough of these baloney claims marketed as "scientifically proven." You can rig a putter test any way you want it. I could "prove" that a lead pipe produces a better roll than any putter out there.

Originally Posted by bkwitt

We are not wrong in our claims about topspin as simply put, a ball hitting a ball of the same diameter will do so at the center of gravity, the sweet spot, and create the perfect roll (if you were to examine Newton's Cradle, for example).

That comment is easily refuted by the image above. Yes, a ball with that diameter will strike the golf ball "through" the ball's center of gravity. Rise angle then plays a role, and if you strike the ball above the equator, the force will go through the ball's center of gravity and DOWNWARD, into the ground, which is the LAST thing you want in putting.

It's very, very basic physics.

Watch the Quintic study that proves what we claim.

All this to say we have a great product, we don't make claims we can't back up, and if you tried it for yourself, you can speak from a position of authority. There's too much at risk spending the time and money we have to come out with a revolutionary new product just to allow the naysayers to use a forum to discount all the hard work. Do your homework. We have.

I tried your putters at our booth at the PGA Show. You were right next door to us. And I've done plenty of homework in actual sciences.

If you can somehow hit "equator to equator," your putter will still produce some backspin if the AoA is negative. It will produce no spin at all if the AoA is 0. It will produce some topspin (though still have 0° of loft) if the AoA is positive.

And if you hit on top of the equator, well, you've got a whole lot of negative loft going on, and a ball that's being hit downward with the little lip of the depression in which it sits throwing things off right from the start.

Welcome to the site.

I am that guy in the Jeep and the inventor of the MxV1 putter (mxvgolf.com). It is, in fact, scientifically proven to be more accurate than the #1 putter on tour. Whether you believe it or not, anything other than using one yourself, is just pure conjecture. We are not wrong in our claims about topspin as simply put, a ball hitting a ball of the same diameter will do so at the center of gravity, the sweet spot, and create the perfect roll (if you were to examine Newton's Cradle, for example). Watch the Quintic study that proves what we claim. Also, although we've been compared to the teardrop, if you look at us side by side on field test us alongside the teardrop - you'll see why we don't get the comparison.

With every business venture comes great risk. This does not necessarily mean that your claims are justified because you have a lot on the line . Anyone with an idea can become a business owner and passionately back their idea both financially and strategically through marketing. A car salesman at Ford is going to tell you what a great vehicle you are standing before and how it will change your life and it is the vehicle that you need and desire so much. Yet, this same salesman drives home in a Toyota at 5 PM?

I have owned several businesses, both very successful and not. I appreciate your passion and wish you the best of luck,but just because you have a lot of money riding on red doesn't mean that what you're saying is the way it is.

Are you also willing to provide anyone who is willing to test the product a trial, or discount on your product? With that, is there a satisfaction guarantee so that it can be returned if players begin coming on top of the ball with this putter and do not like it? Perhaps sending one of your models to the moderators here, such as Erik (iacas) and Mike (mvmac) will allow them to discuss your product in more detail. No type of research on paper will beat, or prove wrong, real-world results on the field of play.

(Edited as I see that Erik already responded to this)

All I can remember from the PGA Show was overwhelming support and adoption of our Center Strike Technology®, along with its sole, press, sweep putting technique. I can recall a group of pissy neighbors that sold chotchkies of no significant value and some lame putting aids (was that you?). You may have studied "science" but you're not, I assume, a scientist. We have consulted with scientists, real ones, since our inception and we stand behind our claim. Keep poking holes in it - I've got better things to do.

So we don't believe the results of an independent Quintic study or the backing of a leading, unpaid top 10 PGA teacher, or our independent study or any of that? Independent Golf Reviews "Unconventionally Straight" review, Putterzone's "Top Mallets for Summer", etc. etc... Then there's no pleasing you regardless of what you want to discount or what I want to present as evidence.

If we were to give a putter to everyone who wanted to "test" one, we'd already be out of business. If you'd like a discount, you can use the code FF on our website but I have a sense you're not actual buyers.

So thanks for the welcome, but I'll take my blogging time offline and get back to work supporting the believers.

• Administrator

All I can remember from the PGA Show was overwhelming support and adoption of our Center Strike Technology®, along with its sole, press, sweep putting technique. I can recall a group of pissy neighbors that sold chotchkies of no significant value and some lame putting aids (was that you?).

The guys in the booth next to you? Yeah, what have they done but create the best-selling golf DVD on the market right now (several months running). The booth next to you sells the best-selling training aid of all time. The booth next to you that had several Top 100 instructors stopping by, along with many of the game's up-and-coming instructors. The booth next to you that is the Golf Channel's single biggest advertiser. The booth next to you that, well, I give up. Point made.

You may have studied "science" but you're not, I assume, a scientist. We have consulted with scientists, real ones, since our inception and we stand behind our claim. Keep poking holes in it - I've got better things to do.

Got a few degrees in the sciences and I'm a scientist, sure. You won't answer the basic scientific problems because, if you know anything about science, you know that a simple little picture and the understanding behind that picture has effectively bent your claims over a barrel and had their way with them.

So we don't believe the results of an independent Quintic study or the backing of a leading, unpaid top 10 PGA teacher, or our independent study or any of that? Independent Golf Reviews "Unconventionally Straight" review, Putterzone's "Top Mallets for Summer", etc. etc... Then there's no pleasing you regardless of what you want to discount or what I want to present as evidence.

I've already spoken to the Quintic stuff. You can set up a putter test to show you whatever you want. I've known several people in the industry who will tell you that, been a part of some testing procedures where I've pointed this out, etc. YES! used to do this sort of thing all the time to "prove" that their "C-Grooves" rolled the ball better. TaylorMade did it with their gel-filled grooves on their Rossa putters. Etc. TONS of putters out there make claims about how their putters are reviewed. You're not the first company to get positive reviews.

At the end of the day you're making claims of "science" when there's very little actual science to be had. I could talk about how Einstein's theory of relativity explains why my line of irons is better than anyone else's, but that doesn't mean that B follows A. You can use the Newton Cradle example, but it falls apart the instant someone doesn't strike the ball exactly on the equator of the golf ball (and even then, they could be hitting up, down, or level, only the former of which is good for putting - and even then, it's delivering 0° loft, which isn't ideal for putting either).

Quote:

If we were to give a putter to everyone who wanted to "test" one, we'd already be out of business. If you'd like a discount, you can use the code FF on our website but I have a sense you're not actual buyers.

I'm not a buyer, and never asked for a free putter. I remember pointing out the silliness of your "science" at the show. Your putters don't have any true scientific theory to them, so at the end of the day, you've got a putter that looks funny, sounds bad, and which, if hit slightly above the equator of the golf ball (which if you don't want to scuff the putter is quite likely) effectively hits the ball with NEGATIVE loft time and time again.

So thanks for the welcome, but I'll take my blogging time offline and get back to work supporting the believers.

Science doesn't have "believers."

Science doesn't have believers? Can you spell ignoramus? I've never seen such a display of holier than thou. Best wishes to you and your high and mighty Mr. Science.

If you haven't tried the putter, and you know you haven't, you're speaking out of your _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

... and out.

Science doesn't have believers? Can you spell ignoramus? I've never seen such a display of holier than thou. Best wishes to you and your high and mighty Mr. Science.

If you haven't tried the putter, and you know you haven't, you're speaking out of your _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

... and out.

So no free putter then?

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

Science doesn't have "believers," no. Science deals with fact. It cares not whether people "believe" or not. Nobody says things like "I believe in gravity."

Faith, and religions, have "believers."

I've tried the putter. You were at the booth next to us. Several of us tried it. It was bad.

I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong. I almost like being wrong because it presents an INSTANT opportunity to upgrade my knowledge base. But you can't prove me wrong because, if you have any scientific background at all, you know what I said above is accurate.

Goodbye.

P.S. Google "MxV Putter". This thread's third.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

So no free putter then?

You don't want one anyway. It might be good as a fire poker. There are many reasons why the big-name companies haven't done a putter like this, and none of those reasons are "they hadn't thought of it."

Science doesn't have believers? Can you spell ignoramus? I've never seen such a display of holier than thou. Best wishes to you and your high and mighty Mr. Science. If you haven't tried the putter, and you know you haven't, you're speaking out of your _ _ _ _ _ _ _. ... and out.

Science doesn't have believers. It seeks only the truth.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!