IGNORED

Doesn't anyone still turn in clubs or equipment anymore?

Golfing Dad
Note: This thread is 3932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Only thing I take are golf balls left in carts for my shag bag.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A guy at my club leaves a wedge near a green at least once a week and it always gets turned in.  We started putting it in weird places when he comes to ask for it just to see his reaction.

"Anybody seen a titleist wedge".

"Saw one in the upstairs womens toilet"

or

"Saw one at the bottom of the pool."

or

"saw one in the culvert on #8"

My favorite and the most creative, someone took the time to put it in an umbrella bag filled with water and froze it.

"Anybody seen my wedge"

"Found one in my drink earlier"

I've picked up lots of items...clubs, GPS, rangefinders, iPhones, glasses...Either find the owner in the clubhouse afterwards, or leave it at the pro shop. Our local course has a bin of clubs that have been turned in...anything not claimed by the end of the season goes into the golf swap with the proceeds going to youth development opportunities.

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Found two sleeves of Titleist Velocity balls laying my a tee box.  No one was in front of me for a few holes.   I put no effort into finding the owner. If it was a club or rangefinder ect, I would have turned it in right away.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

I have turned in all the items that I have found including cell phones,  head covers ,  and clubs.   I have left head covers and a wedge on the course.   Fortunately,  there were turned in.

We have had instances of clubs/ bags  being taken out of cars in parking lots in this area.

Originally Posted by robrey85

I just recently lost my headcover on what I believe to be the 10th tee of Rhodes Ranch and some awesome samaritan turned it in to the golf shop, thank god. It has more sentimental value than anything else. With that being said there is etiquette out there, I just think it's rare.

I came across half a shaft 2 weeks ago on the 14th hole of RRCC; Arroyo course. It was stuck in the tee box, my brother picked it up looked at it and then threw it in the trash. A few holes later, on the 17th hole, we found the other half was stuck in the tee box the same way. It was a Cobra 2i.

It was in much better shape then my 1.99 2i that my dad bought me from Goodwill so I kept it.

Was I wrong to assume the person snapped his club and clearly didn't want it anymore? I don't think I was in the wrong for doing this but others may differ.

I'd draw a distinction between "lost" and "broken and abandoned".  I wouldn't feel bad about that.  I've broken a shaft (accidently) before and club goes in my bag so I can have it fixed.  Sounds like someone decided that they really couldn't hit a 2i.

most people leave their wedges around the green after they chip then go to putt - if you remove the flag and set it down leave the wedge with the flag and u wont have this problem - just a safeguard - we find wedges constantly but usually run them to the group ahead - always careful to question the people about what club they left 'did you leave something behind.....what is it??'   not 'hey did you leave this right handed 60 deg vokey with the red golf pride grip behind???' lol i wont give them the chance to benefit from someones mistake!

I believe most golfer will turn in lost golfing equipment they find on the course.  But unfortunately most doesn't equal 100%.

Butch

I've only lost one club about 35 years ago as a kid and it was never returned. Probably about once every 2-3 years I'll run across a wedge near a green and turn it in.

One day I found a nice head cover and the next group ahead of us were a couple holes in front so I figured they would either drive back to get it or I'll just turn it in at the clubhouse. So I throw it in my bag and continue my round focusing on my play. Wouldn't you know I totally forgot about the darn thing and the group ahead had never come back to look for it. So two weeks later I'm digging through my bag and pull out the cover thinking what the heck is this,,,then the light bulb comes on. I turn it in to the clubhouse and tell them I had found it a couple weeks ago and had forgot about it.

I'm sure this happens from time to time as well. People lose things, call the clubhouse the next day and figure nobody turned it in so it's gone forever. Then it gets turned in two weeks later and sets in the lost and found bin for 10 years! Point is, if you lose something it might be worth it to check back a few weeks later just to be safe.

The only thing I've ever lost at my current home course is my coffee mug. I always take it with me when my son and I play in the mornings. Last year I started carrying my clubs again for a little exercise and I would set the mug down, hit my shot then walk away without it. I lost that stupid thing 3 times last year and all 3 times it was turned into the pro shop.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

• 1 month later...

I know this is over a month old but had a question.

Do people leave more equipment later in the afternoon then in the morning?

The reason I ask we played after 4:00 yesterday and turned in 3 clubs that were laying around the greens. We never play that late in the afternoon and have never found that much stuff in one round before.

FYI we did turn in all three clubs.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 3932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!