IGNORED

My Swing (watty)

watty
Note: This thread is 3973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: several years

My current handicap index or average score is: 15 index, but it's on the rise. Been shooting around 100 lately. For a while I was down to a 12, shooting in the 80s often, but with a flawed swing. I've since been working on fixing it but have been all over the place in the process.

My typical ball flight is: right now I'm so all over the map I don't even have a "typical," but I've always been a slicer

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: the slice and the compensating pull hook

It seems my swing is different every day these days as I continually tinker and search. These swings below are an 8 iron, trying my best to focus on weigh forward without doing a reverse pivot (that's been a problem for me lately).

Videos:

The one thing I noticed was that you flip your wrists slightly during impact.

As you can see your left wrist is flipped through impact. I have been working on eliminating the same thing. Try to work on keeping that left wrist firm through impact.

Driver: TBD

Irons: Taylormade MC 3-PW Steel

Wedges: Cleveland CG-15 56° and 60° 

Putter: Ping Karsten with Super Stroke grip

Ball: Callway Hex Chrome

The face on video looks like you might be struggling with a one piece take away. One drill my pro showed me was to put a ball down then one about an inch behind it and what i take away focus on pushing that ball straight back. It has helped me tremendously when i tend to get "handsy" with my take away.

Bag:  ping.gif Hoofer

Driver: titleist.gif 910D2 9.5* Ahina 72

Irons: titleist.gif AP2 712

Hybrid: adams.gif Idea A12 19*

Wedges: cleveland.gif 58* vokey.gif 52*

Putter:  odyssey.gif DFX 2 Ball Blade

Note: This thread is 3973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!