IGNORED

Which 3/4 wheel push cart should I get?

Note: This thread is 3486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After carrying my entire life I realized something today: I can play more if I get a cart. The course I'm playing now is really flat, so it won't be any hassle. Any thoughts on 3 or 4 wheels? I've been looking at: ClickGear 3.0 Sun Mountain V1 Big Max Blade

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You cannot go wrong with a clicgear. Great carts on all fronts. If you are at all DIY inclined, it is getting easier and easier to pickup older versions that you can refurb quite cheaply. You can buy almost every replacement part you may need. I have picked up a 1.0 for well under $100 and had to spend only $40 to get the functions of a 2.0.

I also have the clicgear 3.0 no complains, handles the bag great with good stability and folds up to a small footprint

Another clic gear 3.0 here.. It's exactly what I wanted, though my previous cart (2 weeler, pull type) folded WAY smaller. Had less wheels and was not that sturdy though ;)

I have a Sun Mountain Micro Push Cart (4 Wheel).Works great, folds small & easy to push.

Four wheel carts are the way to go...

I played around with the Clicgear 3.5+, Sun Mountain Micro, and the Ogio X4. I ended up going with the Ogio. All appeared to be great carts. As I was getting a larger cart bag, storage wasn't a big issue for me, so the X4's lack there of, didn't really matter. It still has plenty for on course use. The X4's ability to fold up while still on the bag (space saver) was what really won me over. I have a small trunk in my car and anything to take up less space is a bonus.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. It rides really smooth, feels very stable, and looks great.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Thanks for the comments guys! The amount of space it takes while being folded up is not my top priority. It is of course nice having a small one, but I care more about it's performance on the course. Stability, quality of parts, brakes etc. Those having tried 4 wheelers claim they are more stable. I will take a look at what the clubs around here has to offer, but I fear I won't get my hands on all the models.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Clicgear for me- All my friends have converted over to pushing and my main partner just replace his older sun mountain with the Clicgear and he is loving it.

cons for the clicgear-

you have adjust the alignment every so often(not a big deal but we have some hills that I like to let the cart go and it veers hard left)

takes some a bit to learn how to open and close it

Watch your fingers while opening or you may smash them

bungies wear out after about 100 rounds- easy to replace(just did mine)

certain bags fit funny and may rub front wheel

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

I got a pretty standard carry bag today. It's starting to show some wear, but still a great bag. Looks like Clickgear might be the one. The course I play most is pretty flat, so I really don't think the extra stability a 4 wheeler might offer will matter much. Clickgear has been praised since the first edition and lots of people still use their 1.0 or 2.0, which means it should be pretty durable as well. I consider myself handy, so doing some replacements if needed later on won't be a problem. Again, thanks for the replies! Now I just have to see if any of the local shops has got it, or if I have to order online.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to sound like I'm from the stone ages, but I would consider a simple pull/push cart (2 wheel type).  These carts are small, easy to transport, and have fewer parts (which means less breakage). I bought mine on sale for $35 almost 4 years ago and it's still going strong.  If I actually cleaned it and put a little Armor All on it it, it would like as good as the day I bought it.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Transport is not really an issue, and I really don't like the 2 wheelers. I want something that can roll on it's own and doesn't need to be held up. From what people say, the Clickgear is pretty good value.

I just got two bag-boy quads for my kids, they are on sale at Dick's for $199 and come in many different colors. They seem to like them a lot. They compress as much as their old three wheeled carts for transport in the trunk of a car.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Here's my two cents - the three wheelers with round tires (NOT the flat tires) roll better and are easier to change direction.

Colin P.

I've got both a SunMountan 3-wheeler and a BagBoy 2-wheeler. Most of the time I go with the 2-wheel BagBoy because it is smaller, lighter, and easier to maneuver. Besides, when I see other golfers pushing those 3 and 4 wheel carts, it just looks dumb - like pushing a baby stroller or a farm implement. Shorter people can look especially silly pushing these. The 3-wheeler can handle a heavier bag though. At least both will allow you to get out of that cart and get some exercise.

The only advantage of a 4 wheeler is that it can sit on a slope sideways without falling over. We tried out three and four wheeled carts and my kids like the quad more. I carry, or use a cart.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

I've got both a SunMountan 3-wheeler and a BagBoy 2-wheeler. Most of the time I go with the 2-wheel BagBoy because it is smaller, lighter, and easier to maneuver. Besides, when I see other golfers pushing those 3 and 4 wheel carts, it just looks dumb - like pushing a baby stroller or a farm implement. Shorter people can look especially silly pushing these. The 3-wheeler can handle a heavier bag though. At least both will allow you to get out of that cart and get some exercise.

my clubs are my babies...

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!