IGNORED

Official 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lee Westwood is impressing me with his attitude.  When he put the shot in the grandstand, he laughed it off.  One question though, his drop was in front of the grandstand and the ball was caught by a fan in the middle of the grandstand.  Was this an optical illusion that his drop was closer to the hole?

I am not rooting for anyone in particular.  I just want to see a tough course and some great shots.

BTW, for our Australian forum members, I know that "rooting" has an entirely different meaning down-under!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

what does tmac20 know?  he couldnt find his ass with two hands and a flashlight...

Let's just wait and see what he shoots before insulting anybody.

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Lee Westwood is impressing me with his attitude.  When he put the shot in the grandstand, he laughed it off.  One question though, his drop was in front of the grandstand and the ball was caught by a fan in the middle of the grandstand.  Was this an optical illusion that his drop was closer to the hole?

Every time I have ever seen a player hit into a grandstand behind a green they get relief two club lengths in front of that grandstand.

Too bad all this rain has dropped.

All us locals have waited 7 years to showcase our gem of a course to the world, but now much of the nuance has been taken away. So many shots are being hit that would react so, so differently if the course were dry. I'm glad to see the course stand up. Rumors of its demise were pre mature.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

You guys are counting Tiger out of it through 10 holes on day 1?

No kidding......

Long ways to go!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I need some pants or underwear like Adam Scott wears.......no homo

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Zwick

Does someone have a stream for the featured group?

(if the coverage started already?)

idk if you can get the US stream at USopen.com

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Well I made it yesterday and what a day!!! I left my motel at 5:30 and got back at 10pm. My legs are very sore today. The first rain delay was a bit of a bummer but it went by pretty quick as I was kept busy in the tents at the spectator centre (or whatever it is called) make sure you check them all out if it isn't too busy.

The golf was pretty cool, got to see everything I wanted to see. The course however is terrible for spectating. I would say there are no great spots to watch although I would say on the far left side of the 17th grandstand is good (you can watch all of 17 and the tee shot on 18), also the green of 11 and tee of 12 are quite handy. After the second rain delay it was awesome cause 90% of people left so I was able to see wherever I wanted. The mud was a nuisance but only really bad in a few places. I'd say it will dry out pretty quickly today if the sun comes out.

All in all an awesome day. What a brutal course!

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

Originally Posted by tmac20

Lol, just kidding!  No true insult intended - this is just how we talk amongst ourselves here.  Plus I get a little defensive when it comes to my boy Tigs.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I need some pants or underwear like Adam Scott wears.......no homo

lol lol lol...

It's only gay if there's eye contact...

Colin P.

Why are the three best players in the world having such a hard time chipping?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by tmac20

And then we can?

But...you already know what he' s going to shoot. +3.

Got any inside tips on the Powerball numbers?

Wow lots of bad shots and scores so far today. Merion is certainly holding up right now. Greens seem killer today. Slightly faster and subtle breaks lead putts way off line. Lots of players struggling on and around the greens. Also TW just looks plain lost around the green right now. Adam Scott has forgotten how to putt again and just making ugly chips.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

There should be some graduated rough, missing the fairway by 1 foot and you are done, that's a bit too much. And if the course drys out, then it will be almost impossible to hit a fairway.

Hahaha this is hilarious to watch right now. Everyone is so pissed off. They are really getting their shit pushed. And its only gonna get harder and faster as today and the weekend goes on. Afternoon tee times are gonna be alarming.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

• Administrator
Originally Posted by atb5079

Hahaha this is hilarious to watch right now. Everyone is so pissed off. They are really getting their shit pushed. And its only gonna get harder and faster as today and the weekend goes on. Afternoon tee times are gonna be alarming.

Especially if the winds pick up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!