IGNORED

Official 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

I guess Im gonna have to mute the volume on the Live stream, Im already sick and tired of hearing BABA-BOOEY! WTH does that even mean? I swear after every other shot someone is yelling something. I feel like Im watching the Waste Management

It's a reference to the Howard Stern show.  Howard's producer Gary collects Warner Bros cartoon cell art, and one of his prized pieces is baba-booey, one of the lesser known WB cartoon characters

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess Im gonna have to mute the volume on the Live stream, Im already sick and tired of hearing BABA-BOOEY! WTH does that even mean? I swear after every other shot someone is yelling something. I feel like Im watching the Waste Management

I have it on with no sound as well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

One quirk I've noticed is that they seem to have a little more trouble trying to figure out the wind here, because they can't get a read from the flags.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Quote:

It's a reference to the Howard Stern show.  Howard's producer Gary collects Warner Bros cartoon cell art, and one of his prized pieces is baba-booey, one of the lesser known WB cartoon characters

Yelling helps others identify you as one of the lesser intelligent pundits of society. You should be glad they yell it, it helps you avoid them...

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

First World Problem mini mini rant:

So all the big tech companies have all this info on me and yet when I search on US Open, I still get the tennis tournament at the top of my results, despite not following tennis and not having bought US Open Tennis tickets since forever.

Getting off soapbox now, thank you for listening. :-) Tiger Woods to serve...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by rehmwa

Does he have to replace it?  or play it where it ends up?

My understanding is that you must replace it.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/doug-ferguson/more-viewer-call-ins-no-penalties/

So idiotic to even answer the phone.

Bill - 

Does he have to replace it?  or play it where it ends up?

So you think that there's a possibility that if you hit a ball a foot from the hole and your partner's ball hits yours OB you don't replace it? Common sense.

I feel so sorry for the people who worked so hard to get the course ready for the U.S.Open and those who campaigned for a return to Merion.

The rain has softened the course so much that it is defenceless and the low scores are making a mockery of this grand old lady. Shame on the USGA for allowing her to be exposed like this.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Phil gonna shoot 75 or worse......everyone can see it coming

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by Shorty

So you think that there's a possibility that if you hit a ball a foot from the hole and your partner's ball hits yours OB you don't replace it? Common sense.

I feel so sorry for the people who worked so hard to get the course ready for the U.S.Open and those who campaigned for a return to Merion.

The rain has softened the course so much that it is defenceless and the low scores are making a mockery of this grand old lady. Shame on the USGA for allowing her to be exposed like this.

Shorty, come on now? I think by Sunday the course will dry out and those greens are already getting faster, even today.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by BallStriker

Phil gonna shoot 75 or worse......everyone can see it coming

Phil hater? Haters gonna hate. What so you can justify criticizing him because he went home on Monday. Phil stuffed that in your jacket yesterday dude.

Originally Posted by Motley01

Shorty, come on now? I think by Sunday the course will dry out and those greens are already getting faster, even today.

I'm thinking surely his post was sarcasm...there are only two players under par right now, and they've got a lot of golf left today.

Originally Posted by Motley01

But half of the field is 10 under or better.

Originally Posted by Lash

I'm thinking surely his post was sarcasm...there are only two players under par right now, and they've got a lot of golf left today.

Maybe my post was sarcasm too? You didn't pick up on that? LOL

I love Shorty's comments.

Originally Posted by Lash

Irony, if you don't mind... :-P

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/doug-ferguson/more-viewer-call-ins-no-penalties/

So idiotic to even answer the phone.

Exactly! Seriously, who do these people think they are. You can't call up the NHL or the NFL when a ref misses a call and complain... let alone change the outcome. And it's absolutely absurd the they are even fielding these calls and discussing them with the players.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast

Exactly! Seriously, who do these people think they are. You can't call up the NHL or the NFL when a ref misses a call and complain... let alone change the outcome. And it's absolutely absurd the they are even fielding these calls and discussing them with the players.

Next there'll be threads here where someome notices that they saw a player putting with the flag in 40 years ago.

Or say they are "pretty sure" they saw someone mark his ball when it was off the green.

Or say "i might be wrong but I'm sure I just saw player x ground his club in the bunker".

Or wonder about Petterson's situation......

Note: This thread is 3954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!