IGNORED

What TST members would you most like to play a round of golf with?

cipher
Note: This thread is 3942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Name one or more TST members that you have never played golf with before and mention why you think it would be fun to play a round of golf with them and why.  Make it funny, fun or serious .

I am going to say Ernest Jones and Stretch.  EJ because I think he would keep things from being too "serious", and he gets a dry sense of humor, and Stretch, because I never have seen a mountain hit a ball in person before.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My foursome would Golfingdad, Beachcomber and Cipher. These guys are all better than me so I would learn a lot and I think it would be a very low pressure, comfortable foursome. We would have lots of laughs then beers and BBQ after. Sadly, I live pretty far from you cats so I don't see it happening anytime soon. GREAT idea for a thread.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

My foursome would Golfingdad, Beachcomber and Cipher. These guys are all better than me so I would learn a lot and I think it would be a very low pressure, comfortable foursome. We would have lots of laughs then beers and BBQ after.

Sadly, I live pretty far from you cats so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

GREAT idea for a thread.

Nice choices, all fellow evo students as well.  Those two Cali cats would be pretty cool to play a round of golf with as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Patrick57, Logman, and Shorty.

Hell, I'd throw Erik in there and I'd just caddy.

• Upvote 2

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

Patrick57, Logman, and Shorty.

Hell, I'd throw Erik in there and just caddy.

That would be EPIC. But no BBQ afterwards methinks...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I would go with Golfingdad and Fourputt.  I also would really like to play golf with ggiese.  But, alas, he is not available for slumming with the likes of me.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Originally Posted by ilikefishes

I would go with Golfingdad and Fourputt.  I also would really like to play golf with ggiese.  But, alas, he is not available for slumming with the likes of me.

How about predictions?  I think the top five mentions will round out like this:

1. golfingdad
  2. beachcomber
  3. iacas
  4. ernest jones.
  5. mvmac

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Fortunately, I've had the chance to play with quite a few members already, and I'm adding bplewis24 to list in a couple of weeks .. So not counting all of them, there are still several I would love to play with. If I have to pick only 3 I think I'm picking Ernest and fourputt, and were meeting David in Florida for a round at sawgrass or bay hill or some nice place like that. We can talk golf swing, or even rules .,, but politics is off limits!!! :)

Originally Posted by dsc123

How about predictions?  I think the top five mentions will round out like this:

golfingdad

beachcomber

iacas

ernest jones.

mvmac

Probably pretty accurate.  But hopefully it is not just a popularity contest.  Maybe people can think out of the box a bit?

Nate

Yeah David would be a good choice too. I gotta admit I get a little jealous when I read through your so-cal golfing threads.

Sounds like a blast!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I think my fourth would be Mr. Desmond. That would be cool as well, because any democrat living in Texas has my respect!

Or maybe even Fourputt, I promise not to let "one" stand leg from my bag touch the green.

Nate

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

For the record, notice I didn't pick golfingdad! I heard from beachcomber and Ernest that that guy is a douchebag! ;)

Unfortunately more douche than bag, which can lead to things getting a little...damp.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Stretch, Harmonius, and the infamous Sean Miller.

Jamo and Zip as alternates.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I was just going to say you and me versus Jamo and the sadly absent delav. They'd have to give us a few shots, though!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

I was just going to say you and me versus Jamo and the sadly absent delav. They'd have to give us a few shots, though!

A match for the ages!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

My back up group may be Rolopolo, Gilberg and his Uncle (not legally) . Doubt we would be finished in under 4.5 hours though....

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!