IGNORED

What TST members would you most like to play a round of golf with?

cipher
Note: This thread is 3949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

But she still hasn't met any of us TST tools (cept maybe Pak?) so he can always play that role.  Or just tell her that we've gotten real organized with our Socal group and that you are the president of the group and have to pre-approve any new golfers with a round on the course, or some other BS like that.

Beach: You could try using me as an excuse....not sure if it'll work, but its worth a try....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I can speak French, you could come up with some outlandish story about being invited to play with the Belgian Consulate or the Prince of Monaco.

But don't let her see Ernie's new avatar, she might insist on coming with you.

I still have to go to work, so I'll still be spending plenty of time on here. That remains to be seen.  Normally I try to grab the first tee time so I'm back home around 9 am.  I think I can keep doing that.  The wife disagrees.  We'll see how it goes.

The early tee times is the way to go when you got kids man, I salute your thinking.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by TJBam

Anyone in Houston that I can golf with while wearing my "salesman hat", meaning my company would pay for the golf.

Whatever you are selling....I am in

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Golfingdad

Iacas

Zipazoid

BPLewis

Jamo

Picking 5 was hard.

Edit, I was supposed to pick 3, wasn't I?

Screw it, I stick by my decision, 2 threesomes.

• Upvote 2

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

You have a unique situation with twins obviously, so no idea how that will play out.  I suspect though (and this goes for you too Beach) that it will be crazy hectic at first until you guys get into a rythym.  Two things you both have going for you:

1.  Babies sleep A LOT.  (They're like cats)

2.  If they're breastfeeding, you're kind of off the hook there too.

I can't tell you from experience, because I didn't golf at all when my kids were that tiny (not because of them, but because I had just sort of "retired" due to back problems I thought would never improve), but I suspect that you'll both have a short time (weeks, months maybe) where golf disappears somewhat, but eventually you'll figure something out. :)

When I first met my wife I played 3-4 times a week. Working my way through grad school at a golf course made this possible. Once I got married and was working it was 1-2 times a week. Then we had twins. The first few years were fine because I was able to sneak out on a Saturday. I would show up as a single and hook up with the first groups out. The first 3 years I also ran a local summer golf camp and played more. As the kids got older and were into sports, golf took a backseat by choice. I took about 10 years off and it wasn't until high school that I could play regularly again the way I wanted to play (practice 1-2 days a week and play once a week). That has worked out well and I was able to get a group of guys in the same boat so we always get the early tee times. I think I have become a smarter golfer because I now practice with a purpose and really try to make the time count. It's ironic that now that I don't have unlimited time, I am playing the best golf of my life. There was a time when I would say the biggest decision I had to make was to hit a hard pw or a soft 9. Now that life is more complicated life has more meaning and there is no substitute for being a good husband and father.

• Upvote 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Golfingdad

Iacas

Zipazoid

BPLewis

Jamo

Picking 5 was hard.

Edit, I was supposed to pick 3, wasn't I?

Screw it, I stick by my decision, 2 threesomes.

You will have to play in the other threesome.  I have a personal rule about not playing with people who are more fit than me.  It huts my chances when I go all Don Juan on the cart girl.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Two of the three people I met at the St. Louis Golf Expo in January. Club Rat is about my age and likes to work on clubs at home. teamroper60 had lessons from the same golf pro as I did. Mr. Desmond, if he would come up from Texas, would make a good fourth, as we often end up on the same threads talking about golf clubs.

After the round of golf, maybe Club Rat would show us his home club repair laboratory.

Actually, this could set up two rounds of golf: One with the four guys, and a second couples' round with Mr. & Mrs. TR60 (she's an avid golfer but technically not a TST member), plus my wife and me.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by TJBam

Apocg10 but only if he played without a shirt based on a photo he published in another thread

Awkward......

Apocg10 but only if he played without a shirt based on a photo he published in another thread a2_wink.gif

Uh.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I think I'll have to go with Ernest Jones, Shorty and Fourputt! Sure it would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Calm down guys...he's joking.

We hope!

Quote:

You will have to play in the other threesome.  I have a personal rule about not playing with people who are more fit than me.  It huts my chances when I go all Don Juan on the cart girl.

Luckily for you, i'm happily married, and she is far hotter than any cart girl I have ever sen. Seeing other hot women just makes me realize that what is at home is everything I have ever wanted. I mean, hell, she lets me play 18 4-5x / week when I am off for the summer, as well as two 9's with her.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by saturday

I think I'll have to go with Ernest Jones, Shorty and Fourputt! Sure it would be fun.

I'd play in that Foursome any day. I'd probably learn a lot too. And it would give me an opportunity to teach Shorty to spell.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Add Slice of Life and dave s to my list. These guys live near me apparently. Hell, one more NE Ohio bro and we have a solid TST Foursome there. Hooking up with dave s this weekend to play a local course.

I'd play in that Foursome any day. I'd probably learn a lot too. And it would give me an opportunity to teach Shorty to spell.

You can bond over your "favourite" "colour."

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!