IGNORED

How many golf balls do you have?

gaz d
Note: This thread is 6084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have about 30+ in my bag right now. I have 2 dozen in plasitc bags in my truck. I also have an overflowing 10 gallon bucket in the garage with shags in it. I have a small Golf Magazine duffle bag with about 50 in it. They are sepperated into zip lock bags by brand. Beyond that I have a small duffle bag with about 50 that I have collected over the years with cool logos and courses that I played. My wife said no to a display so they just sit in my basement. Beyond that I have at least 5 dozen in boxes that are balls I don't play. Wilson, Top Flite XL, Ultra, etc. The coolest thing however are the 5 sleeves of the Tiger Woods/Wheaties Titleist collectable balls. They were from his 1st Masters win. General Mills gave you a sleeve for 3 box tops. It was a limit of one sleeve per address. I was eating about 2 boxes a week back then so I had them sent to 5 different family members.

Oh yeah...there are about a dozen scattered throughout my yard where my kids have hit them and not picked them up.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I have about 8 new balls in my bag. I have 15 new balls waiting to be played, and I have about 40 old / scuffed balls in my shag bag.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Sounds like I will be picking up some D2 Feels if the price is right (read: if my wife ok's it!).

Before you do that; check at your dicks sporting goods [if you have one]. They had

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/246602L 2 dozen for $25.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

I have a backpack somewhere with probably 100 balls in it or so. Other than that, I have some ProV1's that I got from lostgolfballs.com - bought two dozen beginning of the season, about a dozen left. And I am a completely marketing ho - I bought two dozen ONE Platinums hoping to win the play-alongside-Tiger. *hangs head in shame, no, I didn't win*

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Jeez, how do you guys find so many golf balls? I mean i try to look for some all the time when im at the course, but the most ill find a day is like 4 or 5. But Anyways right now i have about 23 Laddie X's, about 2 Pro V1's, and about 3 Nikes.

In My Taylormade Phatom St Bag Today:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* Proforce v2 65 Stiff
Wood: Burner 15* Matrix Ozik X-con 5 X
Hybrid: CLK Fli Hi 20* Exsar StiffIrons: 755 4-pw Dynamic Gold s300Wedges: Mp-t 53* Solus 56* Black Finish rac tp satin 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select...

Before you do that; check at your dicks sporting goods [if you have one]. They had

Damn. Wish I had seen this. As is I picked up a pack of 15 D2 Feel for $16, which is a decent price. Still a bit cheaper than if I had picked through the Titleist or Callaway logo overrun bin.

Doubt I will get to play them this weekend, but I have 9 Monday morning before work. Very excited.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

I have you beat. Haven't bothered to count, but it's in the area of 1500 or so.

That is some collection!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

Right now I have about 8 dozen balls in my trunk. The only reason I have so many is I found a deal on Top Flite Strata TL for $15 a dozen so I bought 4. I find alot of balls at the course I play. There's alot of water. I have about 3 dozen shag balls at my house that I pitch around the yard.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Motion to start a thesandtrap.com Ball Drive in which members who have amassed large quantities of unused balls divvy them up amongst those who need them!

It's just like communism, except it will work!

----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Motion to start a thesandtrap.com Ball Drive in which members who have amassed large quantities of unused balls divvy them up amongst those who need them!

Nope. Go to Russia. Get your own balls.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I jsut bought some Maxfli Powermax so i have... 17!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Well, this box of 15 D2s I just bought should last me 5 or 6 rounds.

By rounds I, of course, mean holes.

----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*

I have about 50 balls that I use when I practise. And another 10-15 in the bag when I play. Usually when I find balls on the course I'll just throw them away unless it's a ProV1 or another good tour-ball.
In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

I just took 30 balls out of my bag yesterday. They were either ones that I don't play or they were in rough shape. I still kept about 2 dozen in there and have another dozen in the back of my truck.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I think I have 4 Pro-V1s right now and that is probably it, but then again if I lose a ball ofr 18 it's pretty dissapointing.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

I have you beat. Haven't bothered to count, but it's in the area of 1500 or so. . . . That, plus two crates of shags. And my car trunk has about a hundred balls rolling around inside.

Okay. I've got about 700 golf balls (say 22 dozen new in the box + 36 dozen used) in either brand new in the box condition or very good to excellent used condition. Certainly nowhere near the # lamebums and others have, but a pretty good stash nevertheless.

I've been wondering what in the world I should do with all of these golf balls (I do have a couple of ideas, but thought some of the bright guys & gals on this forum mght have some better ideas) since I'll probably never be able to actually use them up by losing them or wearing them out. Even if I never found another very good to excellent condition ball or got any new ones (and you can't tell people NOT to give you golf balls for gifts, can you?) it would take me somewhere between 7 & 10 years just to use up the 700 balls I have on hand right now. lamebums + other Sand Trap readers, what in the world should I do with the vast majority of these perfectly good golf balls, especially the @36 dozen used golf balls?

They're all still in the laundry hamper in my kitchen. And they're going to stay there for quite a few years, I'm afraid. See, I beat up balls pretty quickly (two or three per round - and I play four or five times a week), so it's only a matter of time before I run out. Usually, I take all the balls I don't want, or have beaten up, and toss them in the shag crates - which I give to my buddies. I don't give them good balls because they lose them too quickly. I get them for $15 a crate - about 25 dozen balls - from this guy...

(Yes, I pay about 7 cents for each of my balls, and then give them to my cheap friends when they're too worn for me to use.)

Bottom line: Keep 'em. The day a man runs out of golf balls is usually a painful and saddening day for his wallet.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Note: This thread is 6084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!