IGNORED

need advice

wedgeman
Note: This thread is 3946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First off I'm 6'6 and I have shorter arms for my height. I'm currently looking at buying a new set of irons, the problem is I can get the set I want for around $300 but they'll be standard length. Would it be worth it to get fitted and buy the irons in store for $800?

First off I'm 6'6 and I have shorter arms for my height. I'm currently looking at buying a new set of irons, the problem is I can get the set I want for around $300 but they'll be standard length. Would it be worth it to get fitted and buy the irons in store for $800?

I guess it really comes down to how much is being fitted properly worth for you? Do you want to spend an extra $500 and have clubs that properly fit you, or do you want to play golf hunched over significantly for the next few years, most likely pushing shots to the right, until you buy another new set. I'm 6'5" btw, and have played off the rack clubs for about 5 years before being fitted for custom clubs 10 years ago. $300 vs $800 is a big difference for the same set of clubs. One being off the rack and one being fitted. What are these clubs? Are you sure the $300 set are authentic, and not some fake clubs?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm 6'2" and got fitted to standard length, standard lie. So the cheaper set could work out, but I wouldn't buy a set without getting fitted. And like MyrtleBeachGolf said, make sure that lower priced set is legit. There is A LOT of counterfeit golf products out there and the usual indicator is their price. If it seems too cheap to be true, chances are it is.

I guess it really comes down to how much is being fitted properly worth for you? Do you want to spend an extra $500 and have clubs that properly fit you, or do you want to play golf hunched over significantly for the next few years, most likely pushing shots to the right, until you buy another new set. I'm 6'5" btw, and have played off the rack clubs for about 5 years before being fitted for custom clubs 10 years ago. $300 vs $800 is a big difference for the same set of clubs. One being off the rack and one being fitted. What are these clubs? Are you sure the $300 set are authentic, and not some fake clubs?

yes there just used that's why there cheaper. Also did thefitting improve your game?

yes there just used that's why there cheaper. Also did thefitting improve your game?

The fitting greatly improved my game. When I got fitted 10 years ago, I immediately started hitting irons much straighter and more flush. My off the rack clubs were too short and way too flat (lies). After 10 years of playing those fitted Ping G2 irons, I just went an got re-fitted when purchasing a new set. I just picked up a set of Ping G25 irons. They are +1" long and 4 degrees upright (silver dot). Delivery of those new irons is scheduled for Tuesday. I'm hoping these new sticks give me the boost I need to drop my index a couple points and get into single digits.

I really appreciate the feed back myrtlegolf, I think im definitely gonna go get fitted soon.

You should definitely get a fitting done before you buy anything. Who knows, a fitter may find out that standard clubs are perfect for you, and you can buy the used ones knowing they are right for you.

Note: This thread is 3946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!