IGNORED

Did Tiger earn back any of your respect?

Kevin18
Note: This thread is 3940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

So as of yesterday, Tiger and Sergio were reportedly shaking hands and talking to one another on the range at Merion. This being said, it gives some hint of Tiger forgiving Sergio for his comments. Do you believe that is a new side of Tiger, and therefore do you respect him any more after the whole scandal?

I, personally, have MOSTLY always still respected Tiger because I tried to keep thinking of just how successful he was to golf and not let his personal woes get in the way. He has done things  that were supernatural, un-humane. The fact that he forgives Sergio shows that Tiger might still has a heart.

However, that's just my personal opinion. How do you feel about it?
Thanks so much and may god bless you all!

In My Bag..

Driver: Taylormade Superfast 9.5* Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade Burner 2009 15* Stiff GraphiteShaft
5 Wood: Powerbilt Oversized 21* Stiff Steel Shaft
3-PW Irons: Cleveland 588 Forged MB Irons with Stiff Shaft
SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

LW: N/A yet
Putter: Taylormade Monte Carlo 7 -34" with Superstroke 3.0 Slim grip
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

Originally Posted by Kevin18

I, personally, have MOSTLY always still respected Tiger because I tried to keep thinking of just how successful he was to golf and not let his personal woes get in the way. He has done things  that were supernatural, un-humane. The fact that he forgives Sergio shows that Tiger might still has a heart.

Now that is funny!

• Upvote 2

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haha yes, I meant the supernatural as the golf and the un-humane as the personal life.
I guess both things may be considered supernatural as well though haha :P

In My Bag..

SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

Haha yes, I meant the supernatural as the golf and the un-humane as the personal life.

No you didn't.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yes I did? Calling someone's golf game "un-humane" doesn't even make grammatical sense

In My Bag..

I have great respect for Tiger's ability as a golfer.

As a person... not so much.  I'm afraid his "personal woes" reflect a flawed personality that is very much "all about me, and to hell with everyone else."  This isn't some guy that fell for his secretary or something, he was banging everything money could buy while his beautiful wife stayed home tending his children.

Before all that, I was thinking he was the next Nicklaus.  Now I don't care how many tournaments he wins, he'll never make it to that class.  I do not think the guy reflects well on the game or the PGA, and a handshake and chit-chat on the driving range isn't going to change it.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

I saw the exchange, I'd say Tiger did the bear minimum to let Sergio off the hook.  Let's face it, these guys are never going to be best buds.  Tiger did the right thing and shook his hand but I'm sure Tiger still feels the whole incident (club pull whining) was completely overblown by Sergio and unnecessary.

Joe Paradiso

Thank you PirateJim for actually answering the question and getting the forum back on topic. This is a good start. I see where you are coming from and you're right. He'll never be in the same class personality wise as, let's say a Bobby Jones or like you said, a Nicklaus, but as for ability wise, we as amateurs can only amaze at his brilliant feats.

In My Bag..

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/samsung-newsdesk-woods-garcia-shake-hands/?hj=xfs

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I saw the exchange, I'd say Tiger did the bear minimum to let Sergio off the hook.  Let's face it, these guys are never going to be best buds.  Tiger did the right thing and shook his hand but I'm sure Tiger still feels the whole incident (club pull whining) was completely overblown by Sergio and unnecessary.

Now we have some inside information as I did not personally see the exchange myself. Would you say he was cold and shut down, or did he seem interested and considerate?

In My Bag..

Always maintained the utmost respect for him as a golfer, and as one who is always searching for a better way for his game.

As a person, I hope he grows. Consider his background and upbringing ... and relative shelter as a golf prodigy. Don't know if he can observe himself, see the flaws, and wake up.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

...he never lost my respect.

if an athlete is a cheat in his sport (i.e. steroids in baseball), he loses my respect.

if an athlete is a cheat in his personal life, it's none of my business.

-- In the Bag --

Cobra S3 White Driver (10.5*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S 3-Hybrid (18*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S Irons (4i-GW)

SCOR 4161 Forged Wedge (55*)

Cleveland VP1 Putter

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Always maintained the utmost respect for him as a golfer, and as one who is always searching for a better way for his game.

As a person, I hope he grows. Consider his background and upbringing ... and relative shelter as a golf prodigy. Don't know if he can observe himself, see the flaws, and wake up

I don't think it could be put into any better words. Great point.

In My Bag..

Originally Posted by RoyJeeBiv

...he never lost my respect.

if an athlete is a cheat in his sport (i.e. steroids in baseball), he loses my respect.

if an athlete is a cheat in his personal life, it's none of my business.

This. 100%. I'm never gonna be Tiger Woods' friend, so why should I care if he's a douchebag? His game speaks for itself. He's the best there is, and quite possibly the greatest of all time.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Now we have some inside information as I did not personally see the exchange myself. Would you say he was cold and shut down, or did he seem interested and considerate?

Tiger was on the range practicing, he stopped hitting balls when Sergio approached him.  They shook hands, exchanged a couple of words and Tiger appeared to indicate they were good and then turned around and went back to hitting balls.

I'd say Tiger was indifferent, possibly because he doesn't like Sergio or because his head was in practicing and getting ready for the US Open.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Tiger was on the range practicing, he stopped hitting balls when Sergio approached him.  They shook hands, exchanged a couple of words and Tiger appeared to indicate they were good and then turned around and went back to hitting balls.

I'd say Tiger was indifferent, possibly because he doesn't like Sergio or because his head was in practicing and getting ready for the US Open.

Hmm, that's what I should have thought. The usual "indifferent" Tiger. It's quite strange because when I watch old footage of Tiger, he seemed so full of life and enthusiastic. He seemed like he was enjoying the game and actually having fun.

In My Bag..

Hello,

So as of yesterday, Tiger and Sergio were reportedly shaking hands and talking to one another on the range at Merion. This being said, it gives some hint of Tiger forgiving Sergio for his comments. Do you believe that is a new side of Tiger, and therefore do you respect him any more after the whole scandal?

Shorty, go easy on him, he's just a kid.

Constantine

Hello,

No more or no less. Tiger gave up the obligatory handshake. It was almost a non-event. I never saw it as a scandal, just more as an event of insensitive stupidity and diarrhea of the mouth. I don't really think Tiger lost any sleep over it. Tiger has faced bigger adversity than Sergio's whining.

It was so not a Kumbaya, hug it out moment. I see it as this:

Sergio: "My bad"

Tiger: "K"

*shake hands*

Does Tiger have a heart? Sure he does. Does this show it? Not exactly.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 3940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!