IGNORED

Do you all hook the daylights out of yoru Hybrid?

despereaux
Note: This thread is 6061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to have the same problem. Most hybrids are offset and people like us tend to over-draw the ball. I recently got the Adams Pro Series hybrids, which have no offset and they are 10 times better than other hybrids I have hit. The Taylor Made TP versions also have no offset and the Titleist might. Give those a try and see if they work for you.

Try titleist, virtually impossible to hook with a good swing, as they have minor offset and square set-up (like most titleist clubs)

Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

My Taylormade hybrid has more of an offset than I would like causing me to hit huge hooks.

Thats because you have an R7 DRAW Its designed to draw/ (or even hook)....
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Nice to find this thread and realize it isn't just me. I use Callaway Heavenwood Hybrids, and if I swing hard at all I get a monster hook even though it starts out straight and true. I've found I have to open the club face some at address to compensate for the closed build and take a very easy swing. Still great clubs but I would prefer to find something that wasn't closed in the future.
WITB:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5° Fit-On M Gold Fujikura Stiff
Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3W Fujikura Stiff
FW-Hybrid: Insight XTD 5w 18° Aldila DVS StiffHybrid: Idea Pro 3i 20° Aldila VS Proto Blue By You StiffIrons: Big Bertha 4-PWWedges: CG10 50.08 GW, CG10 56.16 SWPutter: White...

Actually that's not true, the TM Rescue Mid face is square. This straight from the TM website

That may be true of the specs of the club Now... but I have a newer rescue mid and an oooold rescue mid (like the VERY first production run of the new black/silver style) and that darn thing has a closed face. It looks substantially more shut than my newer one, and by golly I hook the crap out of it if Im not careful, I dont ever hook the newer one unless I do something horrible... (same shaft as well btw)

I'm a right to left player, but my goodness to I hook the daylights outta that hybrid I have...25 yards of "draw" sometimes.

Thats the same hybrid that I use, and it works excellent for me. I hit my irons staright, but I do hit left to right with woods, so maybe this just counteracts this, great club though IMO

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

Try titleist, virtually impossible to hook with a good swing, as they have minor offset and square set-up (like most titleist clubs)

I beg to differ, I hook the crap out of my 585H....but granted, I hook the crap out of everything I hit!

I have a TM Rescue Mid in the 4 hybrid (22*) and at first I tended to draw every shot between 10 and 15 yards. The offset is definitely an 'issue' for people with good swings. When I put it in my bag about 2 years ago my swing was not as 'good' as it is now. Instead of buying a new Tour version with no offset I decided to adjust to it and over time playing with it on numerous occasions as well as hitting hundreds of balls at the driving range I have found that when I have the clubface slightly open at address I can hit a nice 5 yard draw on a consistent basis.

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

Never realized that most hybrids are offset, I thought they would be close to standard like a long iron. I was starting to wonder why when I tee off with my 3 & 4 hyrbids that all me shots went left while my iron shots went straight. I ended up compensating by aiming to the right. I used the TM Rescue Mids.
In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

If I swing hard with my Orlimar Hybrid it hooks like hell.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

• 2 weeks later...
I am a 7 index that draws most every shot but 6 out of ten draw so much I might get hit in the Fanny. This is such an awesome club especially from the tee. I play a 3DX 17 degree replacing My 1 iron. I goes 225+ and wow makes tight fairways no worry. But when is hooks it goes around the corner in to Water, Houses, Barnes, Tree and Yikes!!!

I have tried many things. Maybe the offset is to much to overcome. I hate to have a "hybrid" swing. Due to the HOOK I choose not to use it when it might benefit me the most. I can hit a 3 iron well but not as long as the Hybrid and it certainy won't stop like the Hybrid.

Hit it like an 8 iron I have heard????

Pretend you're swinging an eight iron. nice and smooth follow through, drop the club head on the ball, and let the club do the work.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

You seem like a Mizuno Freak!!! I am playing MP14 and for 10 years. How do you like the 67's?

Just on irons and wedges.... Dan if you have a consistant good swing and like blades then try the 32's and 67's, i highly recommend them for low handicap players. The feeling, workability and feedback i got back, to me were 2nd to none. Between the 32's & 67's came down to prefering a smaller head look.

MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

I love the 14's and have hit the 67's they have a great feel. The 32's are probably my next choice althought I have been looking into re finishing my 14's, about $30 a club. I agree with you I think many plyers in that 10 Handicap range would do well to play these clubs.
Nothing like them.

The 14's are very nice as well, and so are the famous 33's.

i thought i was the only one with this problem. i had the tm rescue mid hybrid, until i sold it just today. I've had it with the hooks, and made the next step in possibly looking for another hybrid. For all the former tm rescue mid hybrid owners, what hybrid did you end up getting to replace the tm one? any suggestions with hybrids to little or no offset?
Driver: Nike 9.5° SasQuatch SUMO²
Fairway Woods: Adams 16° Tight Lies 3 Wood
Hybrids: Adams 19° Idea Pro Hybrid
Irons: Callaway X-18 4-AW (Rifle 6.0 Precision)
Wedges: TaylorMade: 56/12 Degree RAC SatinPutter: Odyssey 34" Tri-Ball SRT PutterBall: Callaway HX HOTHome...

i thought i was the only one with this problem. i had the tm rescue mid hybrid, until i sold it just today. I've had it with the hooks, and made the next step in possibly looking for another hybrid. For all the former tm rescue mid hybrid owners, what hybrid did you end up getting to replace the tm one? any suggestions with hybrids to little or no offset?

try out the bobby jones hybrid. it has a different setup then most Ping, TM, etc. hybrids.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I think they all hook by design. I made a few pars this weekend by opening it up a bit and hitting it like a 8 iron. I haven't checked to see if pros are missing it left but I bet they are as well.

Dan

Note: This thread is 6061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!