IGNORED

2013 NCAA College Football

LucasBP
Note: This thread is 3723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Wisguy First off, don't call me son.  You're not my dad. It sounds very condescending. Alright OLD MAN!, thanks :-D   Second, sports is never filled with should haves. That is like saying "Could care less". If something should have happened then it would have happened. But it didn't happen, so it can't possibly should have happened. Now, 'What Ifs', are a different story. Yes sports are full of "What Ifs". Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. Why doesn't it matter though, it didn't happen. It's fun to think of what could have happened, but it doesn't change anything. To argue about "What ifs" is just a waste of energy.

Lol, if we had a "mic drop" smiley it would've fit perfectly right there. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bama just has sooo much more talent. Some of their 2nd string athletes are better than most teams starters. Saban always gets his players. AJ Macarron just past most wins by an Bama QB in history, I dont know if he has the numbers for Heisman but definitly mentionable.

I think everybody, the "experts", fans in general, and of course Alabama fans, are giving this team too much benefit of the doubt based on prior years (and I'm as big an Alabama fan as there is).

I suppose it's human nature to give credit based on the past. Heck, when I think of the Patriots my mind goes to when they were better than they've been for several years.

I don't know if they are the best team in the country this year (we'll see) but the eyeball test tells me they probably aren't and certainly not as good as last year's team. Not saying they don't deserve the benefit of doubt because any team that has won three out of four NCs would naturally get it, but that doesn't make it accurate for the current season.

@Wisguy First off, don't call me son.  You're not my dad. It sounds very condescending. Alright OLD MAN!, thanks

Second, sports is never filled with should haves. That is like saying "Could care less". If something should have happened then it would have happened. But it didn't happen, so it can't possibly should have happened. Now, 'What Ifs', are a different story. Yes sports are full of "What Ifs". Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. Why doesn't it matter though, it didn't happen. It's fun to think of what could have happened, but it doesn't change anything. To argue about "What ifs" is just a waste of energy.

So let me get this straight, you don't like it when people address your comments in a dismissive fashion.  Uhhmmm, OK.  You aren't familiar with this thing called "irony," are you?

I suppose if my alma mater had been gifted with a national championship via the most imaginary pass interference call in history, I too might get tired of all the "should have" and "that was completely ridiculous!" type comments for many years afterwards.

But tell us, what sports discussions do you consider to be more of a proper use of one's energy?  Which ones are so vastly more constructive and useful?  Can you give us a list of those sports topics that are acceptable and those which are not?  I really don't want to run afoul of anything on your list in the future.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

I find it simply amusing how people can get so riled up over words on a message board. I mean it happens to everyone from time to time, but sometimes I think people are in a constant state of being pissed off. Good thing I am easily entertained!

Jeff

So let me get this straight, you don't like it when people address your comments in a dismissive fashion.  Uhhmmm, OK.  You aren't familiar with this thing called "irony," are you? I suppose if my alma mater had been gifted with a national championship via the most imaginary pass interference call in history, I too might get tired of all the "should have" and "that was completely ridiculous!" type comments for many years afterwards. But tell us, what sports discussions do you consider to be more of a proper use of one's energy?  Which ones are so vastly more constructive and useful?  Can you give us a list of those sports topics that are acceptable and those which are not?  I really don't want to run afoul of anything on your list in the future.

Umm I think what you mean is sarcasm. Irony is completely different. Yep, OSU should not have won that game. The ball was tipped at the line, but why dwell on it, it doesn't change anything. There is no instant replay for games completed, that would diminish all football games. Yay he's upset and attacking me, point to me. Any topic is fine, just be ready for the consequences of any response. It is a you problem if you take my comments seriously. So I really don't give a damn.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Umm I think what you mean is sarcasm. Irony is completely different.

Please see below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

I think everybody, the "experts", fans in general, and of course Alabama fans, are giving this team too much benefit of the doubt based on prior years (and I'm as big an Alabama fan as there is). I suppose it's human nature to give credit based on the past. Heck, when I think of the Patriots my mind goes to when they were better than they've been for several years. I don't know if they are the best team in the country this year (we'll see) but the eyeball test tells me they probably aren't and certainly not as good as last year's team. Not saying they don't deserve the benefit of doubt because any team that has won three out of four NCs would naturally get it, but that doesn't make it accurate for the current season.

I agree, though like all great teams, Alabama is looking better each week. They are probably the weakest Alabama team in the past few years, they do look vulnerable in some spots. I personally think people give to much credit, but Alabama keeps proving them right. So you got to give credit were credit is due.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

There's gonna be some FOOTBALL on today! :banana: Anyone looking to place a bet, the O/U for the FL/FSU game is 45. Take the over and run.....they should bust that in the first half! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

There's gonna be some FOOTBALL on today!

Anyone looking to place a bet, the O/U for the FL/FSU game is 45. Take the over and run.....they should bust that in the first half!

Yeah, I'm usually scared of rivalry games when one of the teams is losing despite having good athletes (see LSU/Arkansas the last 2 years) but Florida seems to be too much of a train wreck for that to come into play.

In the "Careful what you wish for" category: Last year I hated the Alabama/Auburn game and said I hope Auburn gets it back together so the game would mean something.

Still true but they didn't have to improve quite THAT much. Ha ha!

I warned my wife when we first got married that I am hard to get along with for 365 days when Auburn beats Alabama.

Yeah, I'm usually scared of rivalry games when one of the teams is losing despite having good athletes (see LSU/Arkansas the last 2 years) but Florida seems to be to much of a train wreck for that to come into play. In the "Careful what you wish for" category: Last year I hated the Alabama/Auburn game and said I hope Auburn gets it back together so the game would mean something. Still true but they didn't have to improve quite THAT much. Ha ha! I warned my wife when we first got married that I am hard to get along with for 365 days when Auburn beats Alabama.

My wife went to FSU for undergrad and Auburn for grad school. Needless to say, we'll be pulling for both today. Plus, it would be fun to play OSU if it came to that. :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Thank you Auburn. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Kevin

Wow. So FSU gets the #1 rank, but I would hope that Auburn doesn't leapfrog OSU.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Ohio State is gonna have to play better against Michigan State than they did today or the Auburn win isn't gonna matter.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I don't think it will happen. It was a close win, on a crazy play. Alabama will hold some of the computer rankings that might block auburn. It isn't straight forward in the BCS. I think osu looked good. The defense played good for half a game. Gardner played one hell of a game. Michigan has shown to be good on offense, they suddenly decided to show up for a rivalry. Any body who knows anything about rivalries is, anything can happen, and win loss doesn't matter. The still put up over 40 points, looked unstoppable on offense again.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

BCS

Harris Poll

USA Today

Computer Rankings

RK

TEAM

AVG

PVS

RK

PTS

%

RK

PTS

%

AVG

A&H;

RB

CM

KM

JS

PW

%

Alabama

Florida State

Ohio State

Auburn

Missouri

Clemson

In the spirit of getting @saevel25 in a huff...

So let's just assume that Auburn blows up Bama next week (this is what if, so humor me) and Mizz blows up Aggy.  Ohio St. eeks out a win against _ichigan.

I'm guessing the rankings going into Conf Championship week would look like--

1. Fl St

2. Ohio St.

3. Auburn

4. Mizz.

Ohio St. would face Mich St. in the Big-X champtionship--let's just say they barely win that one as well but finish undefeated.  #3 Auburn would face #4 Mizzou in Atlanta.  If Auburn dominates that game, would it be enough to jump over Ohio St?  There is currently a good amount of separation between Ohio St. and Auburn, but what if Auburn just tees off on two top-4 teams on consecutive weeks?

Edit:  regardless we're in for some REALLY GOOD football the next two weeks.  I'm super stoked.

Nailed it so far.

Kevin

Note: This thread is 3723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!