IGNORED

2013 NCAA College Football

LucasBP
Note: This thread is 3723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like they are waking up. If Braxton starts to get comfortable passing, osu had a good shot.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Once again. What we don't know is what those teams would have done in another conference. Maybe they would have been undefeated. People that think the SEC is a tougher road would say they absolutely would have. People that think the Big 12 is just as strong would say they wouldn't have. I would say I'm not sure. Doesn't solve the debate at all.

Another variable that is hard to quantify is how long it takes to adjust to play in a different league (tougher or not). A few games, half a season, a year? Hard to say. It looked like last year TAMU took a few games to get used to playing teams with a different style than they were used to playing. Once they got comfortable they were probably the best team in the conference. Missouri looked lost the whole year but were fine this year. Was that because the SEC was weaker this year with basically no Florida and a weaker Alabama, Georgia and LSU, or because they were better? Impossible to say.

You are trying to declare a debate settled that can never be settled because it's different years, different personnel and different conferences. Nothing is equal in the whole equation.

Yes every year is different and every conference is different, and since you can't play in two conferences at the same time, it is true we can't know for sure.   But we CAN look at the overall records those two teams had in the Big 12 and note that they were nearly always mid pack teams.    Using your apparent definition of success, neither one ever was as neither one ever went undefeated in the conference or won a conference championship in decades.    As I sit here typing this, Mizzou, though leading, is not exactly killing a Big 12 team in Oklahoma State.

Or the fact that Missouri ran through a weak division in the SEC.  The east division was clearly weak this year. Florida was in shambles with injuries. Georgia couldn't put complete games together. South Carolina had a shot.

Also Missouri had a ton of scholarship players injured last year, similar to what Florida is going through. So don't say last years Missouri team is this years, it isn't. Devil in the details

The weak division/conference argument is one that has been made about the B1G as a whole and Ohio State's ranking.  You have argued against it through the whole all year, yet now you want to use it?   Really?

I never said this year's team was last years.   I said virtually the same personnel and that remains true.  Don't forget Mizzou had their starting QB out for stretch of this year as well, yet they still managed to win games.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Who's the butthead who decided these two games needed to be on at the exact same time?!?! I only have one tv!!! And forget about the Hyundai for now.

No kidding!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

WOW! Not a good night for either OSU.....

In David's bag....

WOW! Not a good night for either OSU.....

But super entertaining for those of us without a rooting interest. Those were great games. And osu people can hang their hat on the fact that Oregon state won the Hawaii bowl!!! ;)

Didn't see the Orange Bowl.   Just saw the score.     Gotta agree with the bitch slap that goes to whomever it was that decided these two bowls should be played at the same time.....   Congrats to Mizzou and Gary Pinkel who is now the winningest coach in Mizzou history!

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

But super entertaining for those of us without a rooting interest. Those were great games. And osu people can hang their hat on the fact that Oregon state won the Hawaii bowl!!! ;)

True dat. 2 great games!

In David's bag....

Ha ha.  The overrated Buckeyes choked again.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Really good games tonight.

Always glad to see Henry Josey have a good game.

Latest on the Texas coaching rumor carousel: Charlie Strong. Probably would do very well and a good choice (if true).

What happened to Braxton last nght is a perfect example of what happens to guys like him in the NFL: injuries and turnovers.

Bill M

Well it happens to any pro football player that gets hurt. His body type is better than a RG3, he's more stocky better leg structure. Yet, he got nailed in the chest with the crown of a clemson defenders helmet on a scrambling throw. I mean Drew Breese has scrambled out of the pocket before. The problem is when College QB's think they should run before they throw in the NFL, that is when they get hurt. The best at it was Steve Young. He only ran when he knew he could get big chunks of yardage, else he threw the ball away. That is protecting himself and maximizing his running ability. Russil Wilson is probably the best at doing that in the NFL now. RG3 is to runny as an NFL QB. I think Braxton could be in the mold of a Russil Wilson. He just needs to sit 2 years and learn how to go through progressions.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Helluva game! Congrats to FSU and their fans! That was the best game of a great bowl season...

It was UGLY, but a win is a win.... :banana:

In David's bag....

Great football game. Pretty much came down to who had the ball last (with more than 13 seconds).

I thought Auburn played fantastic. If Alabama wants to compete with them next year they better step it up, because Auburn is going to be better next year.

P.S. Huge congrats to our friend (and my son's old coach) Jeremy Pruitt for coaching yet another National Championship team. Seems that wherever he goes they win, and I don't think it's all a coincidence.

Great football game. Pretty much came down to who had the ball last (with more than 13 seconds). I thought Auburn played fantastic. If Alabama wants to compete with them next year they better step it up, because Auburn is going to be better next year. P.S. Huge congrats to our friend (and my son's old coach) Jeremy Pruitt for coaching yet another National Championship team. Seems that wherever he goes they win, and I don't think it's all a coincidence.

For those who don't know, Jeremy Pruitt is the defensive coordinator for FSU. He did a helluva job this year! :beer:

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 3723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!