IGNORED

2013 NCAA College Football

LucasBP
Note: This thread is 3721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

National Signing Day: (How did your team do?)

The "experts" like Alabama's class but I would trade several recruits for a couple of the quarterbacks that signed with other teams.

I like LSU's class a lot. Not looking forward to facing Shawn White at Auburn (but at least took Evans (from Auburn) away from Auburn. I also think Tennessee did very well.

Edit: Funny that SloverUT and I commented about 5 seconds apart.

Yeah, we're killing it today. Much better day than I expected. As usual, we've filled specific needs, and with Jeremy Hill bolting to the NFL, the addition of Leonard Fournette is a great pick up. I'm also really excited about Malachi Dupre, a really solid WR.

And this year further proves the point that the SEC doesn't rebuild, we just reload.

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah you guys in the SEC are killing it. Again. Like always haha.

I am pretty happy with the class FSU is putting together though. It's deep but they don't have that marquee guy. They have missed on a few so far (Humphrey, Prince, Dupree, etc.). Anxious to see the final tally when the dust settles. Ermon Lane and Dalvin Cook are pretty solid though, so I'm not complaining too much.

Looks like Ohio State did pretty well this year again. Went and got some serious depth for the Offensive Line. Was able to land another stellar class of linebackers and defensive backs. Recruited some serious weapons at wide receiver. What I like is Urban basically recruits a full teams in each class. Trying to get 4-5 lineman, 3-4 WR, 3-4 DB's, and 2-3 Linebackers. He's building a talent depth that OSU hasn't had in a long time. Even under Tressel they developed 3-4 stars, and played alot of seniors. Urban is just grabbing talent and speed each year and who ever does best in the off season gets to play.

what I really like is that he's taken two big time defensive players out SEC territory the past few years.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they will implement this proposed rule change about having to wait 10 seconds to snap the ball and I certainly hope not.

Seems that most people think Nick Saban is the driving force behind trying to get the rule through (and may well be the case). It's pretty clear that it's to his advantage to slow the offense down so he can get his defense in the best alignment with the best personnel, and he shows no inclination to simply join the ever-growing club of teams using the hurry-up to their advantage.

Trying to get that rule through under the guise of "player safety" with no evidence that it's a factor is laughable.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10446740/new-ncaa-football-rule-allow-early-subs-defense

I don't think they will implement this proposed rule change about having to wait 10 seconds to snap the ball and I certainly hope not.

Seems that most people think Nick Saban is the driving force behind trying to get the rule through (and may well be the case). It's pretty clear that it's to his advantage to slow the offense down so he can get his defense in the best alignment with the best personnel, and he shows no inclination to simply join the ever-growing club of teams using the hurry-up to their advantage.

Trying to get that rule through under the guise of "player safety" with no evidence that it's a factor is laughable.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10446740/new-ncaa-football-rule-allow-early-subs-defense

I agree it is total BS.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I agree it is total BS.

I haven't read the details of the proposal but I'm wondering what in the heck they propose to do at the end of a half or a game where every team plays the hurry-up...And if they have some exception for that, just who is supposed to decide if the hurry-up is warranted yet or not.

BS is right!!!

Surely it won't go anywhere.

I haven't read the details of the proposal but I'm wondering what in the heck they propose to do at the end of a half or a game where every team plays the hurry-up...And if they have some exception for that, just who is supposed to decide if the hurry-up is warranted yet or not.

BS is right!!!

Surely it won't go anywhere.

last 2 minutes the rule is not in effect.

I was talking to a co-worker. He an I kinda like how basketball does it. How about changing the time-outs

2 full time outs

2 - 20 second times outs (NO TV TIME OUT ALOUD)

Basically it allows them to say, hey we want to slow down the tempo a bit, change out some players.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

last 2 minutes the rule is not in effect.

I was talking to a co-worker. He an I kinda like how basketball does it. How about changing the time-outs

2 full time outs

2 - 20 second times outs (NO TV TIME OUT ALOUD)

Basically it allows them to say, hey we want to slow down the tempo a bit, change out some players.

That would be a much more sensible idea.

I don't like the 2 minute deal because there are plenty of times when a team is down by more than one score where a hurry-up is warranted, and is used even by non-hurry-up teams, with 4 or 5 minutes left to play. No reason to impede the chances of exciting multiple score comebacks in the last few minutes.

Note: This thread is 3721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!