IGNORED

2013 NCAA College Football

LucasBP
Note: This thread is 3717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It isn't the SEC?

Ranked SEC teams:

Alabama (1)

Auburn (7)

Missouri (9)

LSU (10)

South Carolina (13)

Other SEC teams that have been in the Top 25 (Georgia/Florida/Ole Miss)

It is inevitable that some will fall out of the top 25 because they have to play each other.

For example, take my Vols schedule this year.

They played:

Alabama (1) On the road

Oregon (2) On the road

Georgia (6 at time of game)

Florida (19 at time of game) On the road

South Carolina (11 at game time)

Missouri (9) On the road

Auburn (7)

So 5 games with opponents in the top 10, three of them on the road (Alabama/Oregon/Missouri)

Two more ranked opponents, one of them on the road as well.

They had a brutal schedule this year and only one of those teams isn't in the SEC.

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FSU would beat Tennessee by more than 45?

Yes, I think FSU could beat us by more than 45.  Alabama beat us 42-10 and it could have been much worse.

Jeff

Sure..it isn't the sec.. But week in and week out the big 10 schools have one tough game after another. They play in the biggest rivalries ever

Don't get around much, do you. Week in and week out, each conference plays tough games. There are lots of great rivalries; some as big or  bigger than Michigan-Ohio State (sorry, that's the only "big" rivalry I know of in the Big 10). You know, little tussles like Oklahoma-Texas, Auburn- Alabama, Florida-Georgia, USC-UCLA.

The Big 10 needs to compete on par with the other major conferences, whether through non-conference play or bowl games, if they aspire to join the elite conferences. Maybe they will soon, but they aren't there at present.

O[quote name="SloverUT" url="/t/67814/2013-ncaa-college-football/120#post_915353"] Yes, I think FSU could beat us by more than 45.  Alabama beat us 42-10 and it could have been much worse. [/quote]regon could have won by much more too....

O

regon could have won by much more too....

Yes, you are right.  But Alabama played a much better TN team than Oregon did, so that is why I consider it a bit more impressive.

Jeff

Irish 45 ..Stanford 3

As a long time Irish fan it pains me to write this, Stanford 27 ND 20.

Our second rate Tommy Boy will cave under the pressure once again and throw up 2 critical picks.

As this season goes on, I think losing to Stanford by 7 would be a minor victory.  They're going to bring everything they can at ND this year after last year and the Irish goal line stand to win.

I can still see the picture in my head, Te'o stuffing the Stanford RB at the line and running down field with his arms in the air!  A great moment in Irish football history! :dance:

The problem was he was running to find some girl in the stands...........................who didn't exist. :-D

Us Irish fans just have to laugh at that now.....................joining the rest of the sports world.

Paul

As a long time Irish fan it pains me to write this, Stanford 27 ND 20.  Our second rate Tommy Boy will cave under the pressure once again and throw up 2 critical picks.   As this season goes on, I think losing to Stanford by 7 would be a minor victory.  They're going to bring everything they can at ND this year after last year and the Irish goal line stand to win.  I can still see the picture in my head, Te'o stuffing the Stanford RB at the line and running down field with his arms in the air!  A great moment in Irish football history! :dance: The problem was he was running to find some girl in the stands...........................who didn't exist. :-D Us Irish fans just have to laugh at that now.....................joining the rest of the sports world.

Either you are a believer or not,..and u sir are no believer .. Shame on u

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Nothing like a delusional football fan ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Nothing like a delusional football fan ;)

Lol ... You could argue that the delusional part is almost implied in the word FAN-atic. ;). But, yes, peterich is a bit over the top with his Irish. They are not that good. I'll go something like Stanford 24, ND 6. Nor would I be shocked if they lost before then either.

:)... Ok..Irish 24 Stanford 21 ..triple overtime.. I will be realistic, than off to play FSU in a bowl

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Either you are a believer or not,..and u sir are no believer .. Shame on u

I've seen too much of Tommy Boy the last 4 years to believe in him that much.  Although he has surprised me this year, last year too as a back up to Golson.

The defence it beaten up too.

With almost everything I'm a glass is half full guy.  With our beloved Irish football, I've been a glass is half empty guy. Too many disappointing seasons.

I hope last year was the start of something big for ND and not just a one off.

Paul

Personally, I am not a fan of Notre Dame but I do think a strong Notre Dame is a good thing if for no other reason than the tradition they bring to the pomp and circumstance that is college football.    So with that said, I think Notre Dame is definitely on the right track with Kelly as long as they leave him alone and let him coach.   His track record says if they leave him alone (and he doesn't defect to the NFL), he might be the second coming of Ara Parseghian.  I think this season would have been different for you all if Golson wasn't an idiot.   That probably set Kelly back a year or three.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I love to joke a lot guys , and honestly Notre Dame is lucky to only have 2 losses this year. They might lose to BYU, and get spanked by Stanford. I was born and raised 10 mins from campus...when I popped out I had blue and gold in my blood. My whole family is ND diehards..hell, they have a full den of jerseys balls posters..the whole 9 yards. It just seems that the last 2 decades have been real tough being an ND fan. They just can't compete with the top 10 ranked teams. I don't know how many times I watch ( and I watch every game) , they just plane flat out choke. I believe there was more to the golson story, I think he did something way more than cheating..,IMO. Notre dame basketball is a totally different story, they need to can that guy..they do nothing in the big dance but just take up a spot to lose the 1 st round . Won't even go into the basketball program

Irish 45 ..Stanford 3

I love to joke a lot guys , and honestly Notre Dame is lucky to only have 2 losses this year. They might lose to BYU, and get spanked by Stanford. I was born and raised 10 mins from campus...when I popped out I had blue and gold in my blood. My whole family is ND diehards..hell, they have a full den of jerseys balls posters..the whole 9 yards. It just seems that the last 2 decades have been real tough being an ND fan. They just can't compete with the top 10 ranked teams. I don't know how many times I watch ( and I watch every game) , they just plane flat out choke. I believe there was more to the golson story, I think he did something way more than cheating..,IMO.

Notre dame basketball is a totally different story, they need to can that guy..they do nothing in the big dance but just take up a spot to lose the 1 st round . Won't even go into the basketball program

I was starting to think you were like Da Superfans on SNL. "ND - 31, Stanford - (-7)."

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I was starting to think you were like Da Superfans on SNL. "ND - 31, Stanford - (-7)."

Always loved these guys.  Never knew until last week that the one who nobody recognizes (you know, the guy who's not George Wendt, Chris Farley, Mike Myers, John Goodman, or Dan Akyroyd) is Robert Smigel.  He's the one who's in the current State Farm commercial with Wendt and Aaron Rodgers.  I knew the name from a lot of SNL writing, but never more than that.

I believe there was more to the golson story, I think he did something way more than cheating..,IMO.

A friend of mine had wondered that too.

Notre Dame is always with the Ivy League schools for the number of student athletes graduating (I think Notre Dame was tops last year).

There's no way he would need to cheat with the resources these guys are given.

Paul

Note: This thread is 3717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!