IGNORED

Ok, so who carries the FEWEST number of clubs in the bag?

dave s
Note: This thread is 3920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I walk around with 6 clubs with me and since I can barley use the ones I have I feel no need to add any more. I carry 5, 7, 9 irons, s and p wedges and a putter.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry my D, 3 wood even though I barely use it, 4H - use it lots, 5-pw, 52,56 and putter making it 12 clubs. I've never required more than that. Besides I find a crowded bag drives me nuts.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I just feel naked without my 14 clubs

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I carry the following:

Driver

3-Wood

2i Hybrid

Irons:

5 (left handed...have had to use this multiple times)

Wedges:

PW

GW

SW

LW

Putter

I have a 3 and 4 iron, but never use them, so why bother?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

I carry the following:

...5 (left handed...have had to use this multiple times)...

Interesting!   Wonder how many righties carry a lefty club or vice-versa?    How well do you hit it?

I have a LH sand wedge I got for emergencies then lost interest.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Originally Posted by Ole_Tom_Morris

Interesting!   Wonder how many righties carry a lefty club or vice-versa?    How well do you hit it?

I have a LH sand wedge I got for emergencies then lost interest.

Not well. It's very difficult. I can hit a lefty driver, but not a lefty iron. It's there more for impossible shots where I can just smack it 60-70 yards back into the fairway instead of calling it unplayable. It's come in handy a few times.

Ryan M

I carry 14 (see my signature below) to get more exercise walking and carrying.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

i'm actually planning on dropping down to 10 clubs -- not only to keep the weight of the bag down, but i've found limiting my options makes the game more enjoyable, believe it or not.  don't need to think so much.

i'm looking at a new set of irons (just 5i - 9i), and bending them to 5* increments.  i see the 588 CBs might be a good candidate, still have to research how that might affect bounce, lie, etc, but...

- 5i = 25* (2deg strong)

- 6i = 30* (1deg strong)

- 7i = 35* (as is)

- 8i = 40* (1deg weak)

- 9i = 45* (2deg weak)

along with...

- two woods (nailing the 3w great lately, plus a 5w or 7w, haven't decided yet -- still haven't found a worthwhile driver)

- two wedges (51* and 56*)

- putter

kinda like the average of 5* gaps.

i honestly don't feel like i need/want 14 clubs.  some people like filling the bag.  it's all good either way.

(then again, i'm in 'consolidation' mode for just about everything in my life now -- less is more, or so it goes.)

-- In the Bag --

Cobra S3 White Driver (10.5*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S 3-Hybrid (18*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S Irons (4i-GW)

SCOR 4161 Forged Wedge (55*)

Cleveland VP1 Putter

• 4 weeks later...

I may be a winner cause I only play 7 clubs in a sunday bag.  I played 13 in high school and 10 after that but this year I went minimal and I am playing my best golf to date.  Probably won't work for most but it's affective for me. I do have some other clubs in a back up bag but never use them. It's just a personal preference that I do it not saying it's the right way.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Not me. This game is hard.....I need every advantage I can get.

Me too.  I wish I can carry 16 clubs.  The reason I carry all 14 clubs is that I carry 5 wedges (2 Gap wedges, PW, SW, LW) for my short game.   In order to carry 5 wedges, I had to sacrifice 2 clubs, 3 & 5 irons.  I don't have 5 wood either.   I compensate the omitted clubs with hitting 3/4 shots, gripping down, etc..   Sigh.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I carry 12, but sometimes 11. I am looking to pick up a gap wedge soon. Here's my bag: - Driver - 3-wood - 4 hybrid - 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 iron - PW & a 60 degree wedge

I may be a winner cause I only play 7 clubs in a sunday bag.  I played 13 in high school and 10 after that but this year I went minimal and I am playing my best golf to date.  Probably won't work for most but it's affective for me. I do have some other clubs in a back up bag but never use them. It's just a personal preference that I do it not saying it's the right way.

What are the 7 clubs?

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Me too.  I wish I can carry 16 clubs.  The reason I carry all 14 clubs is that I carry 5 wedges (2 Gap wedges, PW, SW, LW) for my short game.   In order to carry 5 wedges, I had to sacrifice 2 clubs, 3 & 5 irons.  I don't have 5 wood either.   I compensate the omitted clubs with hitting 3/4 shots, gripping down, etc..   Sigh.

Yep. I tossed my 3 and 4 irons out, and now carry a PW, 50, 52, and 60. Tempted to toss a 56 in there too, but I feel like 5 wedges is overkill for a player of my (lack of) skill level and I wouldn't know what club to remove.

Ryan M

This is what's in my friends bag:

-Driver (Rarely used)

-3H

-6I

-9I

-PW

-Putter

On most holes he usually hits his 6I instead of driver, but still shoots pretty good scores despite the limited number of clubs

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I carry the max and I hate having to guess whether to leave my 60 degree at home or my 5 wood at home. On most courses I go without the 60.

It probably wouldn't be a big deal or cost me many strokes if I carried less but at least if I have all of them I have all of my options.

Sometimes just for fun I play with one club, and sometimes with two or three. A couple of weeks ago I was bored and played the last 4 holes with a driver, 5 wood, and putter and made pars on all of them (albeit VERY lucky on one of them). The hardest two shots I had were a 158 yard par 3 where I used a little slicing chip action from the tee and hit the green (and luckily stopped on the green), and the most lucky was on the next hole when I had a 121 yard second shot over the edge of a pond. Really didn't hit a very good shot at all and it landed short and left, barely clearing the pond, but got a great bounce (out of the rough?) and went up on the green.

At least I kept my two playing partners entertained. They were still talking about it the next week even though I told them it was sheer luck on one of the holes, and fairly lucky on another.

Note: This thread is 3920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!