IGNORED

My Swing (Slice of Life)

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 1306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

(Copied from another thread)

Played ok tonight. Shot a 48. Only hit 2 fairways, but most of my misses were just barely in the rough. Also managed to hit 3 greens, which is high for me. My 7 iron was absolute money.

I could have easy scored in the low 40s, but my driver is in the shop, so my distance off the tee suffered, and the greens were overgrown and soaking wet (Has rained here 16 days straight until today). Also got unlucky on a par 3, hit the cart path just over the green and rocketed way OB.

A little proof of the terrible greens...this wasn't a lob wedge, it was my 7 iron from 166 yards:

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Met with Erik (Iacas) today for a few hours. He metaphorically beat the living piss out of me. I'm a broken man...I mean this in the nicest way.

My main issue was keeping a still head, not rotating the hips properly, and not getting my weight forward at impact...among about 50 other things...but I digress...

Here are a few before (red/left) and after (green/right) pics to compare some changes...I have a lot of work and drills to do, but after watching video I went from "gangly teenager" as Erik so eloquently put it, to looks like I sort of knew what I was doing (sometimes).

Setup:

Top of backswing:

Impact:

Follow through:

Ryan M

Those are some awesome changes! The guy on the right look like a single digit player! You guys did some great work. I have been saying all along but there is a ton of potential there. Keep at it!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

Those are some awesome changes! The guy on the right look like a single digit player! You guys did some great work. I have been saying all along but there is a ton of potential there. Keep at it!

Yeah, it'll be a while before I can look like that on the golf course consistently though. Lot of practice ahead. Wood choppin'...

Time to be a stupid monkey I guess...

Ryan M

Great progress! Holy sh@t look at all those balls. Good thing you're inside. One of the mistakes I made was I got busy/lazy and didn't use the camera as much as I should have plus evolvr and posting swings here after going to Erie but you've got that covered. Going to Erie is like visiting a certain field in Iowa for a baseball fan. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yeah, I hit a ton of balls, but probably 10% were full swings at normal speed. Lot of half speed and drills and whatnot.
Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Yeah, it'll be a while before I can look like that on the golf course consistently though. Lot of practice ahead.

Probably sooner than you think. Nice work and dedication.

Jon

Probably sooner than you think. Nice work and dedication.

I hope so. I'm actually about to hit 18 woth fellow TST member Spyder, so we'll see if I can get more comfortable with some of the swing changes.

Ryan M

• Administrator

LOTS of work can be done in mirrors while brushing your teeth. In fact, the stupidest monkeys are vain monkeys - always stopping to check themselves in the mirrors around their house. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

LOTS of work can be done in mirrors while brushing your teeth. In fact, the stupidest monkeys are vain monkeys - always stopping to check themselves in the mirrors around their house. :)

If you have ever used a tooth brush as a golf club in front of the mirror, then you might be a stupid monkey. If you have ever used a half wall, a cell phone and reflective glass while working to practice a drill, you might be a stupid monkey. ;)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

If you have ever used a tooth brush as a golf club in front of the mirror, then you might be a stupid monkey. If you have ever used a half wall, a cell phone and reflective glass while working to practice a drill, you might be a stupid monkey. ;)

Originally Posted by iacas

Who would do such things...

I can't tell you how many practice swings I've taken in front of the bathroom mirror at work.

Ryan M

• Administrator

I can't tell you how many practice swings I've taken in front of the bathroom mirror at work.

Okay. But how'd your round today go? You were going to "drill" your way around the course.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Okay. But how'd your round today go? You were going to "drill" your way around the course.

Never mind. I see now…

Haha. That was actually my second round today. First round sucked. I have a lot of work to do...hit some good shots but a lot of bad haha. Such is life. Tried to drill around, got frustrated, started whacking balls without caring...meh. I did hit the best shot of my life though...but it was just me swinging like an idiot. :-O Just gonna practice and rewatch myself on video the next few days. Get used to what it feels like to do what Im supposed to be doing.
Ryan M

Haha. That was actually my second round today. First round sucked. I have a lot of work to do...hit some good shots but a lot of bad haha. Such is life. Tried to drill around, got frustrated, started whacking balls without caring...meh. I did hit the best shot of my life though...but it was just me swinging like an idiot.

Just gonna practice and rewatch myself on video the next few days. Get used to what it feels like to do what Im supposed to be doing.

Eh, you didn't suck. You stuck it out and worked on drills for almost 14 holes until a few strokes of really, really bad luck and some really unlucky bounces/bad breaks. After that frustration set in and... yeah, stuff happened lol.

The shot of the day was a Par 4 that is reachable over water if you are able to carry 260-265. Slice was putting for Eagle on that hole and... I'll let him tell the rest..

On the same hole, I was maybe 5 yards off of the green, pin high and chipped up to 4 feet... and choked my birdie putt. Barely lipped in a par after the miss too, from one foot!

All in all though, really good progress there Slice. You'll have it down and I'll have my work cut out for me the next time we hook up, I'm sure.

Originally Posted by Spyder

Eh, you didn't suck. You stuck it out and worked on drills for almost 14 holes until a few strokes of really, really bad luck and some really unlucky bounces/bad breaks. After that frustration set in and... yeah, stuff happened lol.

The shot of the day was a Par 4 that is reachable over water if you are able to carry 260-265. Slice was putting for Eagle on that hole and... I'll let him tell the rest..

On the same hole, I was maybe 5 yards off of the green, pin high and chipped up to 4 feet... and choked my birdie putt. Barely lipped in a par after the miss too, from one foot!

All in all though, really good progress there Slice. You'll have it down and I'll have my work cut out for me the next time we hook up, I'm sure.

Ha, yeah that was the drive of my life. Not my furthest, but definitely my most accurate. The best was I actually tried to pull the drive, aiming about 30 yards to the right of the green and just smashed it right at the pin...no draw or fade movement whatsoever. If it was another 15 yards, it could have gone in the hole. Haha.

The fact that we both got par on that hole from where our tee shots landed was kind of sad. Haha.

I may or may not have 3 putted for par...

Ryan M

Here's a picture of the hole. The line is the path my drive took. On this hole, I've been in the water, in the fairway to the right, past the green in the woods, in the fairway to the left, and out in the middle playing the dogleg. Yesterday was the first time I actually landed on the green.

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

Note: This thread is 1306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!