IGNORED

My Swing (Slice of Life)

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"schweet"

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Here's a picture of the hole. The line is the path my drive took. On this hole, I've been in the water, in the fairway to the right, past the green in the woods, in the fairway to the left, and out in the middle playing the dogleg. Yesterday was the first time I actually landed on the green.

That is a big drive, but slice...just how big is your drive?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

That is a big drive, but slice...just how big is your drive?

lol

Not huge on that one, but not terrible. Probably 270 total....but straight, so I'll take it. Haha.

How big...lol

Did he ever post videos so we could watch and learn?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

lol

Not huge on that one, but not terrible. Probably 270 total....but straight, so I'll take it. Haha.

How big...lol

Ha ha, no I think he got cold feet.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Quote:

lol

How big...lol

Ha ha, no I think he got cold feet.

He tried to video it, but he hit the ball so hard the camera exploded.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

He tried to video it, but he hit the ball so hard the camera exploded.

Ah, I just figured the camera couldn't catch it since the ball was moving faster than the speed of light.

Ryan M

Spent a bunch of time hitting balls in my bedroom and doing drills yesterday. Really trying to get the weight forward, and I'm starting to get used to it...but there's still way too much head movement, so that's priority #1.

Hitting the range after work, so I'll see if I can get some FO video.

Ryan M

• Administrator

Spent a bunch of time hitting balls in my bedroom and doing drills yesterday. Really trying to get the weight forward, and I'm starting to get used to it...but there's still way too much head movement, so that's priority #1.

Hitting the range after work, so I'll see if I can get some FO video.

Head and hips. If the hips move, the head will to help you balance.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Head and hips. If the hips move, the head will to help you balance.

Yeah, getting the "feel" is killing me though. I just keep taking practice swings in front of a mirror and getting used to keeping my head still while the hips move. I can do it in front of a mirror, but not quite without it 'yet'.

Ryan M

• Administrator

Yeah, getting the "feel" is killing me though. I just keep taking practice swings in front of a mirror and getting used to keeping my head still while the hips move. I can do it in front of a mirror, but not quite without it 'yet'.

FWIW I mostly meant on the backswing. Hips and head staying relatively still on the backswing - hips not swaying (and failing to turn) back, but not sliding and sticking your butt out forwards either.

As with anything, too, keep isolating the movement. Put your arms across your chest, even just stand up and slide the hips forward. Feel what muscles are used, what direction it might feel like it's going, etc.

All stuff we talked about. So just some little reminders…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Working on drills and full swings based on the teachings of our own Erik Barzeski.

Weight forward is getting a little more natural, and is making the steady head easier.

This isn't quite full speed, but it's close.

EDIT: I really need better lighting in there...and a better camera...and I need to take the garbage out...

Ryan M

Way better Slice, nice work!

Nate

Way better Slice, nice work!

Thanks! I've noticed if I FORCE my left arm to stay as straight as possible, it shortens the backswing and keeps my head a little more still...at least that's what the mirror/video is showing me.

Ryan M

Thanks! I've noticed if I FORCE my left arm to stay as straight as possible, it shortens the backswing and keeps my head a little more still...at least that's what the mirror/video is showing me.

Yeah it is working.  I don't know if it is for you or not or if you have even been told to do this, but I like to do these drills as short(as in the length of the swing) as possible when I am trying to get a feel for it it.  When I go to the range I like so start out my lesson work with just 1/2 swings.  If I feel the low end of how short I can swing first, it keeps things in check better and I feel it helps to keep from over swinging when you start the full swings.

Nate

Yeah it is working.  I don't know if it is for you or not or if you have even been told to do this, but I like to do these drills as short(as in the length of the swing) as possible when I am trying to get a feel for it it.  When I go to the range I like so start out my lesson work with just 1/2 swings.  If I feel the low end of how short I can swing first, it keeps things in check better and I feel it helps to keep from over swinging when you start the full swings.

Yeah, I start with these little drills that Erik had me doing. Just a little half backswing followed by an abbreviated follow through to check my clubface orientation and left wrist position. Then I've been going into half speed swings, and eventually full speed.

It's still very very awkward, and I'm not comfortable with it at all. When I actually golf, I can't swing like this yet, so I inevitably go back to my old swing just so I don't throw my clubs in a pond.

I should take a couple weeks off of golf, and just practice swinging away, no consequences or bad shots to worry about...and maybe by then, I'll have some NEW swing habits and I'll be able to swing like this consistently. I probably won't be able to resist hitting the course though...

Ryan M

• Administrator

Narrow up the stance a bit.

Originally Posted by iacas

Narrow up the stance a bit.

I almost PM'd you to ask if I was too wide haha.

Thanks!

Ryan M

Is this better Erik? Also added in an old one I found, the first one was 2 months ago, the 2nd one was today.

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!