IGNORED

My Swing (TJBam)

TJBam
Note: This thread is 3126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Because of the wide stance it looks like you are unable to finish your hip turn so you end up swaying back. If you shorten your stance you will be able to maintain a better pivot all the way to the end of the BS. Agree with what @cipher said above as well! I think the weight forward will also help with your flat wrist at impact as well, key#3.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Because of the wide stance it looks like you are unable to finish your hip turn so you end up swaying back. If you shorten your stance you will be able to maintain a better pivot all the way to the end of the BS.

Agree with what @cipher said above as well! I think the weight forward will also help with your flat wrist at impact as well, key#3.

Thanks for the feedback.  I worked on keeping my stance narrow this weekend, along with making a circular turn rather than lateral.  Results were pretty good.

• 7 months later...

Video A is a very straight ball with a lot of distance (for me).  Target is the tiny white flag/club house.  Carry is around 240 yds, with another 15 yds or so of rollout.

Video B is an example of my miss which is becoming more common the past month.  I "feel" the same when making the swing but the result is a big high slice way off target.  It is manageable on course but still a big miss and ugly.

Can anyone spot a difference in swings between the two videos?  Video B I feel like I end up very off balance.

Video A https://youtu.be/6nravVZ4ATE

Video B https://youtu.be/3nIg5j1cgAk

About a 10 handicap right now.  Driver is R1 stiff stock shaft set at 12*.

Yes we filmed vertically.  Oops.

Can anyone spot a difference in swings between the two videos?  Video B I feel like I end up very off balance.

Swings are basically the same.

Few things to take a look at with your posture.

- Chin and eyes are up.

- Weight is back on your heels.

- Shoulders are aimed well left and the feet are aimed right.

Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball)

Also this post from a couple years ago ;-)

http://thesandtrap.com/t/67912/my-swing-tjbam#post_859121

With the swing the shoulders turn too level. To change it you need everything work on a steeper inclination and watch that the right arm doesn't slide behind your shirt seam. The steeper part will improve as the posture gets better but I would also work on this drill.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 weeks later...

Really appreciate the input @mvmac.  Wondering when I will be receiving my TST invoice for work rendered over two years worth of swing thread...

Did not realize where my head/eyes were at.  What a difference it makes to stare down the ball from middle of the eyes rather than head up and looking down to it.  That seems to facilitate a shoulder turn around the axis and prevent excessive lateral sway.  I've found now that when I find myself with my head up and eyes looking downward to the ball, my head/neck prevent a smooth shoulder turn and cause me to sway back in my swing and off the ball, which results in a lot of bad stuff clearly.

Taking notes from all the videos and links, looks like my swing is flat with a shoulder turn that is too level.  I've made a conscious effort to steepen and have a shoulder turn that is more consistent with the above diagram, has worked wonders.

Thanks for the pointers!

(edited)

Did not realize where my head/eyes were at.  What a difference it makes to stare down the ball from middle of the eyes rather than head up and looking down to it.  That seems to facilitate a shoulder turn around the axis and prevent excessive lateral sway.  I've found now that when I find myself with my head up and eyes looking downward to the ball, my head/neck prevent a smooth shoulder turn and cause me to sway back in my swing and off the ball, which results in a lot of bad stuff clearly.

Taking notes from all the videos and links, looks like my swing is flat with a shoulder turn that is too level.  I've made a conscious effort to steepen and have a shoulder turn that is more consistent with the above diagram, has worked wonders.

Thanks for the pointers! 

Great to hear!

Really appreciate the input @mvmac.  Wondering when I will be receiving my TST invoice for work rendered over two years worth of swing thread...

Please consider this when we update it for the new site.

Edited by mvmac

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!