IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

Yeah, then it's going to get to the arms stuff…

After looking at the grip pictures I see at least one thing right away that I know I'm doing. The short left thumb. I will work on remembering to use the "long" thumb position and strengthening the grip. It's interesting that my grip could be a factor in why I am having so much trouble getting rid of my flip/casting.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After looking at the grip pictures I see at least one thing right away that I know I'm doing. The short left thumb. I will work on remembering to use the "long" thumb position and strengthening the grip. It's interesting that my grip could be a factor in why I am having so much trouble getting rid of my flip/casting.

Forgot to post this with my earlier comment. Left hand just looks weak me.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Forgot to post this with my earlier comment. Left hand just looks weak me.

So just need to rotate the left hand a little and extend the left thumb? About how much would you say I should strengthen the left hand?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

So just need to rotate the left hand a little and extend the left thumb? About how much would you say I should strengthen the left hand?

Make sure the heel pad is "on top" of the grip. Like the pics in the grip thread.

Mike McLoughlin

Make sure the heel pad is "on top" of the grip. Like the pics in the grip thread.

Hit a lot of straight pulls and pull draws last night. With a sprinkling of pull fade/slice push fade/slices. That being said, most of the shots were pretty good. just had a few nasty shots.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I've been looking at the super slow motion videos and I'm not sure if it's because of the ultra slow motion of it or what but it seems like my flip has reduced a decent amount and post impact my arms seem much more extended. Upper and lower body seem to be rotated a bit more as well. I could be wrong, just seems like there are a lot of improvements at this point in the swing compared to the last two times I've videod my swing in the past month or so. Hopefully I'm not imagining things because even with the struggles on the course seeing improvements in the swing means I'm getting closer to being able to shoot better scores.

Going to keep trying to get my grip in the right place and doing my drills to fix the flip. I'll give it another couple of weeks then try to do another video to see where I'm at progress wise.

Here, outside of the overswing I think most of the rest looks better. It seems like I've got a lot more lower body rotation.

If I'm wrong about any of what I said here I'd love to hear the corrections. I don't want to think I'm in good positions and end up ingraining more flaws to undo later.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I have one quick question on my stance. When looking at most other people's swing threads and such it seems my feet are a bit further apart than others. Is this something that I should fix? I realize this isn't a priority piece or anything, but I figure I may as well make sure my set up is correct as well as my grip.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Not really.

I might say the ball position is too far back if those are mid irons you are hitting in the images above.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Not really.

I might say the ball position is too far back if those are mid irons you are hitting in the images above.

Too far back on the picture on the bottom right? It actually looks a bit forward of center to me. The one on the bottom left may be center or just back though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Too far back on the picture on the bottom right? It actually looks a bit forward of center to me. The one on the bottom left may be center or just back though.

If it's a mid iron I think it should be more towards between the center of the stance and your left foot. Really I never play anything directly in the center of my stance.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

If it's a mid iron I think it should be more towards between the center of the stance and your left foot. Really I never play anything directly in the center of my stance.

The bottom right is 6 iron. The ball is just forward of center. Are you saying it should be on the red line? That seems fairly far forward. Of course, since I've always had a problem with the ball being too far back I'd not be surprised if the correct spot is further forward than I imagined.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I would tend to shy more toward forward than back. In the end I rather be driving towards the target then leaning away or flipping.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Ok, so based on the picture I'm about a ball forward of center and it wouldn't hurt to have it 2 balls forward of center which should put it on the red line. If I can get these little set up things nailed it may help with the bigger swing related issues.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ok, so based on the picture I'm about a ball forward of center and it wouldn't hurt to have it 2 balls forward of center which should put it on the red line. If I can get these little set up things nailed it may help with the bigger swing related issues.

Set up helps, and some things can give you stuff for free. In the end the swing matters more.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Set up helps, and some things can give you stuff for free. In the end the swing matters more.

Definitely understand that, but I'm just trying to eliminate potentially improper basics that may lead to negative impacts on the swing. Knowing that I have a proper grip, good stance, and correct ball placement just allows me to focus on making a good swing. I've neglected these simple things.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Couldn't hurt to narrow the stance a little, just bring that right foot in towards the center like an inch or two.

Mike McLoughlin

Couldn't hurt to narrow the stance a little, just bring that right foot in towards the center like an inch or two.

Ok, thanks.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I think I found a grip that is functional for me finally. I went through several variations of thumb extension on my left hand until I got one that was comfortable. I also took a step back and started focusing on keeping centered during the swing. One of the things I noticed is how far forward I drift/slide on the downswing. This seems to end up having the effect of moving the ball back in my stance encouraging me to flip. The result of focusing on these two things during my golfing yesterday appear to be good. Outside of a few, not unexpected, flubs I shot fairly decent. 17 over on the first 18 holes and only 3 over on the next 9. The final 9 hole could have been even better but on the 7th hole my drive got a bad bounce and rolled just OB so I had to retee. I know that sometimes these "I found it" things are short lived so I'm not going to celebrate anything. I'm going to try to get out a couple more times this week and use the same two focal points to see what happens. If everything seems to stay consistent with the results I had yesterday then I'll record my swing and upload an update.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: