IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

So, after work I'll be going to play some golf with a couple of young ladies from a local University. I fully expect to get my butt handed to me but it should be fun. Tessa, who drove the beverage cart at my league course, and I had talked about playing previously and since they are starting the second half of their golf season soon she invited me to play with her. That's all well and good, except when she invited one of her team mates along as well she told her that I was "good" :blink:.... Rofl, poor girl is going to be in for a rude surprise when she sees how far from "good" I am!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

So, after work I'll be going to play some golf with a couple of young ladies from a local University. I fully expect to get my butt handed to me but it should be fun. Tessa, who drove the beverage cart at my league course, and I had talked about playing previously and since they are starting the second half of their golf season soon she invited me to play with her. That's all well and good, except when she invited one of her team mates along as well she told her that I was "good" :blink:.... Rofl, poor girl is going to be in for a rude surprise when she sees how far from "good" I am!

Hey, she's seen you hit at least a few shots, trust her judgement!  Driving a bev cart, she sees players of all abilities, and you're definitely in the better half.  Have a great time!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Have fun! Hopefully you'll shoot a personal best or something, and then casually play it off...("Yeah, I wasn't really putting well, but a 79 is decent...")

I'm actually in Ohio right now, near Akron, and it is like the apocalypse (thunder and hail...) Hope you get the round in!

- John

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Hey, she's seen you hit at least a few shots, trust her judgement!  Driving a bev cart, she sees players of all abilities, and you're definitely in the better half.  Have a great time!

4 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Have fun! Hopefully you'll shoot a personal best or something, and then casually play it off...("Yeah, I wasn't really putting well, but a 79 is decent...")

I'm actually in Ohio right now, near Akron, and it is like the apocalypse (thunder and hail...) Hope you get the round in!

So, I found out after we all were getting ready to start that the one team mate that came was the #1 player on the team and regularly shots around 37-38 from the men's tees for 9 holes.... AND that men rarely out drive her..... So the first tee was not a pretty sight. However, by the 5th hole I started actually playing pretty decent golf. On the 4th tee Becca *the top player on their team* tried to give me a bit of advice on my swing. Basically was just trying to get me to swing easier after I pushed my first ball OB. I promptly hit the second tee shot even worse that the first one so I just dropped a ball in the fairway next to Tessa to play out. From there out she didn't try to give me advice and I actually started hitting some really good drives anyway. I was in my pocket on the 16th hole as well, I hit another big push and didn't feel like hitting another. We were having to wait anyway as there was a older man walking in front of us and I knew that the wait was going to mess me up.

Either way, I enjoyed myself and even though they definitely played better than me I out drove them on every shot that I didn't completely screw up :-) so I did lose all my dignity. 

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

:-) so I did lose all my dignity. 

Well, you did now. :-D

Glad you had an awesome time -- sounds like great fun! The top club golf teammate of mine didn't make it to the regular golf team at my university, and he plays off +3.3, so it's always a good if slightly embarrassing time playing golf with him. 

Andrew M.

7 hours ago, amoline said:

Well, you did now. :-D

Glad you had an awesome time -- sounds like great fun! The top club golf teammate of mine didn't make it to the regular golf team at my university, and he plays off +3.3, so it's always a good if slightly embarrassing time playing golf with him. 

Whoops, that was supposed to be "did not lose all of my dignity" lol. I can't imagine playing with someone who is a legit + handicap, but I may get the chance to this weekend.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

9 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Either way, I enjoyed myself and even though they definitely played better than me I out drove them on every shot that I didn't completely screw up :-) so I did lose all my dignity. 

Preserving some dignity when playing women is half the battle. Good job.

26 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Still bird-doggin the cart girls, eh? :-D

Funny Shane, funny! I've tried to get a lot of different people to join me for golf up around here, she's just the first one to actually agree to do so. I could do a lot worse than her and her team mates for playing partners though for sure.

18 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Preserving some dignity when playing women is half the battle. Good job.

Oh, it was a close call to start with. Their top player was only about a club to a club and a half shorter than me. She was easily driving the ball 260 ish and Tessa was right there with her when she hit her drives well. Thankfully, I averaged almost 290 with my driver last night :whistle:.... Really the biggest difference between Becca and myself was just her ability to hit greens. She was very good at doing that while I'm not so good at it. My putting wasn't all that great last night, I made some longer putts but missed some of the shorter ones. Mostly because I just didn't take the time to really look at the line as we were rushing to finish before dark. As a foursome we were able to finish in just over 3 hours but we didn't start until after 5:30 and with the clouds darkness was moving in fast so we barely made it in time.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Really the biggest difference between Becca and myself was just her ability to hit greens. She was very good at doing that while I'm not so good at it. 

This is what I've learned from playing with better players.  They hit more fairways, they hit more greens, they hit far fewer really bad shots (by my definition, not theirs).  The thing is, they DO hit shots they're not happy with, that's one way they're just like everyone else who plays golf.  

It sounds like you had a great time, well done.  With any luck, you'll get more chances to play with these girls (I know that's sexist, but I'm an old man, college-age women are girls to me).

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

This is what I've learned from playing with better players.  They hit more fairways, they hit more greens, they hit far fewer really bad shots (by my definition, not theirs).

Not true.

They actually hit fewer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not true.

They actually hit fewer.

Difference is the Pro's miss the fairway 40 yards closer to the green than we do, and then hit awesome shots out the rough to hit their green's in, or under regulation. 

Bastards!

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of random information that I wanted to keep record of on the older irons I am planning on playing around with a bit for fun. 

Out of curiosity I looked the information on the Lite 100s.... They are from the year I was born, product year was 78-79 and the lofts are basically one club weaker by comparison to my current irons within a degree or so for the most part. Also, the swing weight, lie, and club lengths are pretty similar as well. Seems like, generally speaking, they should feel pretty alike while swinging them.... Should be an interesting experience.

Lite 100s:

SPECIFICATIONS

Irons 2 Iron 3 Iron 4 Iron 5 Iron 6 Iron 7 Iron 8 Iron 9 Iron PW SW
Length 39.25" 38.75" 38.25" 37.75" 37.25" 37 7/8" 36.50" 36.00" 35.75" 35.25"
Loft 21° 24° 27° 30° 33° 36° 40° 44° 48° 55°
Lie 57° 58° 59° 60° 61° 62° 63° 63° 64° 64°
Offset                    
Swing Wt D1-D2 D1-D2 D1-D2 D1-D2 D1-D2 D1-D2 D1-D2 D1-D2 D1-D2 D6-E0
Bounce                    

Ping I's:

loft        length  offset  lie      bounce 

3-Iron 20.00° 39.00" 0.21" 59.63° 4.0° D1 RH/LH
4-Iron 23.00° 38.50" 0.19" 60.38° 5.0° D1 RH/LH
5-Iron 26.00° 38.00" 0.17" 61.13° 6.0° D1 RH/LH
6-Iron 29.00° 37.50" 0.14" 61.88° 7.0° D1 RH/LH
7-Iron 32.00° 37.00" 0.09" 62.63° 8.0° D1 RH/LH
8-Iron 36.00° 36.50" 0.07" 63.38° 9.0° D1 RH/LH
9-Iron 41.00° 36.00" 0.05" 64.13° 11.0° D1 RH/LH
PW 45.00° 35.50" 0.03" 64.75° 12.0° D2 RH/LH
UW 50.00° 35.50" 0.03" 64.75° 13.0° D2 RH/LH

Once I play with them I'll probably post about what it was like. I may even go out after work tonight and just do 9 holes as a test, more than that would probably be way too frustrating.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

3 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Have them checked for lie angle. The ones you have been playing seem to be significantly "toe up".

:-X

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

5 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Just an conservation... 

Speaking of conservation, any update on job openings down there that I could apply for? :-P

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Just now, Jeremie Boop said:

Speaking of conservation, any update on job openings down there that I could apply for? :-P

Oops. That was supposed to be observation. :8)

There are lots of jobs down here. I don't know of any in the infrastructure group here, but this area is hopping. I've met a lot of people that have moved from Ohio to get a job.

- Shane