Get a room, you two.

:-P

It's a central Ohio thing!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got my new toys in the mail today. They person even had the original box and packing material for irons that are around 17 years old. They are in really good shape outside of regular bag wear. Probably could use new grips as these ones seem like they may be a little slick. But for just over $40 for a set 2-PW I can't complain.

May go to the range after bit to hit them.

20160906_164954.jpg

20160906_164753.jpg

20160906_164758.jpg

20160906_164826.jpg

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Nice. That sounds like a great deal.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

16 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Nice. That sounds like a great deal.

I thought so, the trade in value on them is higher than I paid including shipping so I figured I had nothing to lose. I did end up going to the range with them and I may be a bit crazy but I was able to hit them really well. Could very well be that "honeymoon" phase that we tend to go through with new clubs *even though these are nowhere near new*.

1 minute ago, mchepp said:

I wonder if we'll get to see some shots with that two iron!

Could be, I may even do a 9 hole course vlog using only these irons and my wedges. No driver, 3 wood, or hybrid. 

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

On 9/6/2016 at 9:05 PM, CarlSpackler said:

Nothing like that buttery feel of a well struck Mizu. 

I used these Mizunos in both my +5 40 in league Thursday and the +15 87 on the 7129 yard 74/133 rated course today. Not saying that they were a key factor in either of those scores, considering in league I didn't really have to use them much, but they definitely didn't really hurt me in either round. However, if I'm going to be completely honest, probably what has helped me the most in both of those rounds was my greenside play and putting. 1.5 ish putts both rounds and most chips/pitches were inside of 10 feet giving me a really good chance at completing the save.

All that said, I can't lie, it makes me so much more happy when I hit these irons flush than when I do the Pings. 

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 4 months later...

Time to revive my swing thread. I need to start really buckling down if I am to have any chance at reducing my handicap enough to be considered for the Newport Cup this year. Doesn't hurt that there's been several days warm enough to have me thinking about golfing. The local range here had advertised that it was building some indoor golf bays that I was keen to use through the winter but they didn't even start breaking ground until last month. For now I'm going to just work on what I left off with last year after my trip to Erie. Going to work on keeping my hip "on the wall" while maintaining spin angle through the backswing. After doing a few slow take aways tonight I can already feel it in my back. Seems like it's a good thing I'm starting this early because I may have hurt my back just going straight out and taking full swings. With the surgery I had when I was 18 I knew this was going to happen eventually, but I really had hoped it would be further down the road. Either way, some daily work on the slow motion take away focusing on these two things should help regain the flexibility and help ingrain the better positions for the start of the season.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Just a quick video for a reference point. Good thing I'm starting now, that's all I can say lol.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 6 months later...

Yeah, so I've been ridiculously lazy when it comes to golf this year. Not much golf outside of league nights and only 2 trips to the range the whole year. I'm thinking of just doing a reboot either through the winter if I can get a setup at home to practice or I may just use the new indoor setup at the range. I'm not really upset with how my scores have been this year overall, but this late in the year I don't know that it's worth messing about with my swing. Only thing that significantly changed is I went from pull draw/hook main miss to pushes anything from straight push to push slice. Struggle is mostly with the driver, of course, but I'm just as likely to hit the big push shot with any club in the bag, except the putter, I only hit small pushes with it :-P

I don't know why my motivation disappeared this year, I had originally planned on trying to make a good improvement. A bit disappointed in myself.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 9 months later...

So, obviously this has been a dormant thread. I have decided it's time for a hard reset. The plan had been to get to the range today, but it decided to change from a beautiful day to rain with only an hour and a half left of work. I may be off tomorrow so I'll see about going to the range to film my current swing and go from there.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

So, there was a threat of rain again today so I used the indoor range. I worked on fixing face to path. Had been gripping the club with the face open. All shots with my 6 iron. Except the first one. Accidentally picked up the 8 instead. The target green was 40 feet across.IMG_20180627_130855.jpgIMG_20180627_130904.jpgIMG_20180627_131204.jpg

Unfortunately, my driver is just a major problem. Even after getting my face to path more under control my spin was just atrocious, 4000+ on most shots. 100-105 swing speed, 150+ ballspeed, 16-21 launch angle. 230-240 carry... Just horrible. 

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Played my first full 18 holes of the year yesterday. Was very helpful to see where I'm at right now. Two things not really swing related I picked up on. One, it's a mistake to keep my sunglasses on when I'm trying to hit the ball.... I don't know if it screwed with my depth perception or what, but I couldn't hit the ball for love or money with them on. Two, playing 18 for the first time in nearly a year, I probably shouldn't have walked. Especially with how hot it was. I did keep hydrated, but was a bit more worn out than I was expecting.

Ok, swing related. I worked on several feels during the round, some worked for a hole or two until I went back to one of the first things I had to work on. The feel of keeping my left hip against the wall on the backswing. The main thing I realized that I need to focus on when doing it is not to allow my knees to sag. That may have been partially due to fatigue from the walking and the heat, but I need to keep vigilant about it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Two things not really swing related I picked up on. One, it's a mistake to keep my sunglasses on when I'm trying to hit the ball.... I don't know if it screwed with my depth perception or what, but I couldn't hit the ball for love or money with them on. 

I used to feel the same way - was never comfortable making a swing or putt with sunglasses. It felt disorienting to me. Eventually I got tired of losing sunglasses on the course or coming home with burnt out eyes. So I just bit the bullet and started keeping them on for the duration of my rounds. 

It didn’t take long (maybe two rounds?) for it to become a complete non issue. Now I don’t even notice it. My suggestion would be to give it another round or two. 

9 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

We need to get out soon. 

That's a definite.

8 hours ago, Big C said:

I used to feel the same way - was never comfortable making a swing or putt with sunglasses. It felt disorienting to me. Eventually I got tired of losing sunglasses on the course or coming home with burnt out eyes. So I just bit the bullet and started keeping them on for the duration of my rounds. 

It didn’t take long (maybe two rounds?) for it to become a complete non issue. Now I don’t even notice it. My suggestion would be to give it another round or two.

I might do that. I usually don't even bother with sunglasses but I was worried I would end up with a headache being my first long day out in the sun. Ended up not being an issue thankfully.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Took advantage of the nice weather, if a bit windy, Friday after work to get in 18 on the course while working on two feels. Still keeping with the hip against the wall for the backswing, but added the feel of keeping my left arm contact with my side on the downswing. Overall it worked out really well. I still struggle a bit with overdoing the feels after awhile, but I'll take the results of that over what was happening before. I only had 1 drive go way offline and it was luckily on a hole where it was wide open. Going to keep these 2 feels going forward for now.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: