IGNORED

2013 Women's US Open Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

https://twitter.com/menevets/status/349178811155374080

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For a course by the water, it was still really hot. Didn't feel much like pulling the camera out, but managed to here and there.

https://t.co/abH5hHoXXY

https://t.co/nm7tYvj8L8

https://t.co/phCZ472Svp

https://t.co/91zuImOz2E

https://t.co/oT8OPFFVF4

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Thanks for posting those Vine videos!  Course looks awesome

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Practice range. I forget who this is, but she has a sweet swing. Very Sergio Garcia like.

Steve

A tip to those of you with kids, that I learned from last year's USWO at Blackwolf Run: If you want your junior golfer to have a one-of-a-kind free souvenir, get to the range in plenty of time to see Paula Creamer practice and sit in the front. She doesn't like to practice with range balls and instead uses her distinctive pink Bridgestone B330's in number O (Bridgestone makes them exclusively for her or so I've heard) on the range. She asks a course official to have their range ball collector go out and sweep for balls right after she'd done, pull her pink balls out and give them out to kids in the stands. My daughter got one last year and it was a heck of a nice souvenir that she'll keep maybe forever.
  • Upvote 1

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Before I get started with the preview of the LPGA's biggest major tournament, let me congratulate Inbee Park for winning the Walmart NW Arkansaw Championship in a playoff over So Yeon Ryu. It was Inbee's 5th win of the season, and her 2nd consecutive victory via the playoff route. Inbee has clearly established herself as the number one player on the planet.

This week the tour moves to New York for the playing of the United States Open. This will be the third of five major championships on the schedule this year, and generally regarded by the players, press, and fans, as the most prestigious.

This is tournament #15 of 28 on this year's schedule and will mark the beginning of the second half of the season. The LPGA will have their final player reshuffle at tournament's end.

Here are the key details:

Before I get started with the preview of the LPGA's biggest major tournament, let me congratulate Inbee Park for winning the Walmart NW Arkansaw Championship in a playoff over So Yeon Ryu. It was Inbee's 5th win of the season, and her 2nd consecutive victory via the playoff route. Inbee has clearly established herself as the number one player on the planet.

This week the tour moves to New York for the playing of the United States Open. This will be the third of five major championships on the schedule this year, and generally regarded by the players, press, and fans, as the most prestigious.

This is tournament #15 of 28 on this year's schedule and will mark the beginning of the second half of the season. The LPGA will have their final player reshuffle at tournament's end.

Here are the key details:
http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/06/us-open-preview-pairings.html

No surprise Inbee Park is leading early -3 through 9. Lydia Ko right there at 2 under. Sorry to say that my imaginary girlfriend Michelle Wie is 8 over through 9!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

No surprise Inbee Park is leading early -3 through 9. Lydia Ko right there at 2 under. Sorry to say that my imaginary girlfriend Michelle Wie is 8 over through 9!

A quad to start your day usually doesn't play out very well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Sounds like the start of one of my rounds.

Beat me to it. :lol:

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

IK Kim is up atop the leaderboard with Inbee Park but with 4 more holes to play. I'm rooting for IK Kim because I still feel bad for her short missed putt at the Kraft Nabisco last year. She handled herself well with a lot of class, but she hasn't really played well since. Hopefully, she can break through this time.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Michelle, oh Michelle ... If your heart's not in it, pls just hang your clubs up. No use living your father's dream, and making a fool of yourself. Oh, sorry I forget, you're doing this for the money. Oh well, you've got to do what you've got to do to put food on the table. Play on. Not your fault but I just wished the media would stop showing or discussing your pathetic game.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Here are the first round leaders:

1 Ha-Neul Kim -6 -6 F 66 - - - 66

2 Inbee Park -5 -5 F 67 - - - 67

T3 Caroline Hedwall -4 -4 F 68 - - - 68

T3 Lizette Salas -4 -4 F 68 - - - 68

T3 In-Kyung Kim -4 -4 F 68 - - - 68

T3 Anna Nordqvist -4 -4 F 68 - - - 68

T7 Paz Echeverria -3 -3 F 69 - - - 69

T7 Maude-Aimee Leblanc -3 -3 F 69 - - - 69

T9 Mariajo Uribe -2 -2 F 70 - - - 70

T9 Jodi Ewart Shadoff -2 -2 F 70 - - - 70

T9 Karine Icher -2 -2 F 70 - - - 70

T9 Je-Yoon Yang -2 -2 F 70 - - - 70

T9 Natalie Gulbis -2 -2 F 70 - - - 70

T9 Jennifer Rosales -2 -2 F 70 - - - 70

T9 Catriona Matthew -2 -2 F 70 - - - 70

T9 Jessica Korda -2 -2 F 70 - - - 70

For comlete scores:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/06/us-open-preview-pairings.html

Originally Posted by nevets88

Practice range. I forget who this is, but she has a sweet swing. Very Sergio Garcia like.

This is 15 yr old, Canada's top amateur Brooke MacKenzie Henderson.....her older sister, Brittany, who just completed university I believe at a DII school, is looping for her.

I've seen Brooke play a few holes in Canada....I think she's trying to keep up with the bombers on tour...she has a very aggressive swing with the driver and a low draw trajectory....maybe a little too low.

She said she plans to attend a US university....she'll likely have lots of choices from DI schools.

Had a g8 71 on Thursday and backing up a little on Fri...but the conditions I think are harder today.

Oh yes, supposedly Brooke holds the record as the youngest person to win a pro event....not Lydia Ko.

• Upvote 1

I.K. Kim - Driver on knees - 300fps

Steve

Originally Posted by nevets88

I.K. Kim - Driver on knees - 300fps

That's awesome. I'm thinking she's working on her shoulder turn by taking the lower half out of the swing...?

Note: This thread is 3920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!