IGNORED

TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA)

Note:Β This thread is 3761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

http://www.navygc.com/

Anyone play here? Apparently this is the course Tiger grew up playing.

I'm confused, though. Β Cruisers are bigger ships than destroyers, yet the big course is the Destroyer and the executive course is the Cruiser. Β Hmmmm . . .

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.navygc.com/

Anyone play here? Apparently this is the course Tiger grew up playing.

I play here almost every weekend. Its about 2 blocks from my house. Really a good challenge. Pretty well kept. Very fair rates. There is a lot of wind because you are right next to a runway.Β So some holes can play pretty difficult. Seems like wind is always in your face.Β Water plays on most of the holes. A decent amount of trees.Β Any more questions you can message me.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

I'm confused, though. Β Cruisers are bigger ships than destroyers, yet the big course is the Destroyer and the executive course is the Cruiser. Β Hmmmm . . .

The cruiser is actually one of the toughest executives I have played. I would say about 7 easy holes but they have one par 3 that's like 230 dogleg with water on the right. Its ridiculious. But I think Destroyer just sounds more intimidating and can destroy you. Cruiser is fairly easy besides 3 and 4.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Well...

Just an update on the actual outing (since that's what this thread is suppose to be about)...

I'm off on Tuesday and Wednesday so I will be calling the course and letting them know how many we have and giving the deposit. If you will be joining us and haven't yet said so PLEASE do so soon.

There have been a lot of posts recently, so here are the details once again so you guys don't have to dig through the thread looking for them.

Date: Sunday, October 13th

Price: $85

Time: 8 AM

Everybody will be able to pay at the course so no worries there. Once we are closer to the date (a week or so out) we'll worry about teams and format, although I'm thinking that the modified stableford we played the last few times is good.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment:Β 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5Β°) Β· PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15Β° and 21Β°)Β Β· PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22Β°, 25Β°, and 28Β°) Β· PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) Β·Β Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50Β°, 55Β°, 60Β°) Β·Β Edel Classic BladeΒ Putter (32") Β· Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour Β· Pinned Prism RangefinderΒ Β· Star Grips Β· Flightscope Mevo Β· TRUE Linkswear Shoes Β·Β Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

Date: Sunday, October 13th Location: Oak Quarry, Riverside, CA Price: $85 Time: 8 AM Everybody will be able to pay at the course so no worries there. Once we are closer to the date (a week or so out) we'll worry about teams and format, although I'm thinking that the modified stableford we played the last few times is good.

It would be nice if you can make a running list of participants like the last three times, so we know if we are confirmed or not.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I just had my latest HCP adjustment. I'm a 32 now. Are we playing for money??

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I just had my latest HCP adjustment. I'm a 32 now. Are we playing for money??

Only if you play left handed with your right arm in a cast. :-P You can borrow some of my older clubs.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Modified stableford sounds good to me. Β I'm a 12.5 as of the most current revision (this morning). Β I guess it doesn't matter so much right now since we will have another revision a full 13 days before the event, but you gotta put something on the prospective roster, right?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

It would be nice if you can make a running list of participants like the last three times, so we know if we are confirmed or not.

Ask and you shall receive; here is the current list of who has "officially" confirmed that they will be there:

1. tristanhilton85 (+1)

2. mvmac

3. GolfingDad

4. BeachComber (+1)

5. bplewis24

6. Lihu (+1)

7. k-troop (+1)

8. pakoh

9. Hacker101 (+2)

10. jefkve

With the +1s, that puts us at 16 players, also in the thread we've heard from jimdangles, carrx, and golfswine, but they haven't actually confirmed. If you guys are going please let us know. Beach also said that he might be +4 and Lihu may have another +1 as well. With those three members and the additional +1s, we'd be at 23. If there are any other +1s please let us know soon.

The only member that made it last time that we haven't heard from yet is mdl. I'll send out some PMs in a bit and see if anybody else is going.

Modified stableford sounds good to me. Β I'm a 12.5 as of the most current revision (this morning). Β I guess it doesn't matter so much right now since we will have another revision a full 13 days before the event, but you gotta put something on the prospective roster, right?

Not quite worried about getting the handicaps yet, as you said we'll all have another full revision before we play. However, if any of the guys don't have a handicap, please start trying to figure out what it should be. Take note of your last handful of scores and where you played and plug it into one of the online calculators or something so we have an accurate number for you.

After the first I'll start getting the handicap info for everybody and making the groupings.

Tristan Hilton

PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5Β°) Β· PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15Β° and 21Β°)Β Β· PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22Β°, 25Β°, and 28Β°) Β· PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) Β·Β Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50Β°, 55Β°, 60Β°) Β·Β Edel Classic BladeΒ Putter (32") Β· Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour Β· Pinned Prism RangefinderΒ Β· Star Grips Β· Flightscope Mevo Β· TRUE Linkswear Shoes Β·Β Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

I have confirmed +1. +3 may be likely. The fourth is on vaca and will not be able to make it. I'll firm it up soon.

Why is your potential fourth on a cow? Seems like an odd thing to do.

Kevin

CAN"T WAIT! Will update my handicap after this weekend. Should come down a bit...

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

CAN"T WAIT! Will update my handicap after this weekend. Should come down a bit...

Good to hear that you're making progress in your game... also good to hear that we won't have to give you so many strokes.

:-P

Tristan Hilton

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

Good to hear that you're making progress in your game... also good to hear that we won't have to give you so many strokes.

Don't get your hopes up too high. Playing Shore Cliffs Sunday afternoon. With either be awesome or awful. We shall see....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Getting excited here!Β  You guys realize it's only 3 weeks from this coming Sunday?!?!?!?

Jeff, I want to hear your thoughts on Shorecliffs after you play it.Β  It is right around the corner from my office, and I use their range sometimes in lieu of Talega because they have a small section of grass, but I haven't actually played that course in 15 years.Β  I remember it being pretty cruddy, but that was a long time ago.

I would be excited if I was hitting the ball better.

Says the guy who shot a net 62 (I am going off of memory here) in our last outing!

Have a blast guys, sorry I can't join you on this one. FYI to anyone who is interested, though. Tukwet Canyon - the course in Beaumont where we held the April outing - is offering a "groupon" type deal that seems pretty good. $37 for unlimited golf for a day. The only catch is that you have to use it M-F. Technically you can use it on the weekends, but they restrict from teeing off before 11am. I'm going to buy it and try to get in 36 before daylight savings. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you the link.

I would be excited if I was hitting the ball better.

If you're anything like me, today's round in no way foreshadows tomorrow's, much less what could happen 3 weeks from now. BTW the 13 October outing will be my next round of golf.

Kevin

Note:Β This thread is 3761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!