IGNORED

TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA)

Note: This thread is 3762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Big C aka Colin, are you going to be out of town on the weekend of the 13th or just busy on that day?  'Cause if I come down, maybe we could get in a round on Saturday with Beach?  Maybe we could play on his home course so he would actually have a chance at beating us .

Yes I will be in town. My wife and I have a charity event that happens to be on October 12th this year. It is sort of an annual tradition that we get a hotel for the night and spend the following day in Laguna, so I would really be in the doghouse if I cancelled our weekend getaway for golf (apparently I am not as brave as Beachcomber ). I'm sure I could play Saturday morning, as long as we were done by 2:30-3pm. I definitely want a re-match, so let's do it!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Big C

Yes I will be in town. My wife and I have a charity event that happens to be on October 12th this year. It is sort of an annual tradition that we get a hotel for the night and spend the following day in Laguna, so I would really be in the doghouse if I cancelled our weekend getaway for golf (apparently I am not as brave as Beachcomber). I'm sure I could play Saturday morning, as long as we were done by 2:30-3pm. I definitely want a re-match, so let's do it!

See that is where the problem lies... I could get away with spending the day with her on the 12th - taking her to dinner, etc. for her Birthday.  And then playing golf on Sunday the 13th... But going and playing golf on both the 12th and 13th.... Ummmm  I think that could be problematic?

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Gave them a call right now... they aren't starting to overseed until 10/27 so we are all clear there. He said the rate would be between $80-$85 and would include range balls. A little pricier than Cross Creek ($65) but still an option.

I played there awhile back, and although I stunk royally, I really liked the course.  Would love a second chance at that beast!

Yeah, I hear ya. That would be a tough sell, even for the most easygoing wife/girlfriend.

Brandon, tell you what - if you decide to come down early, I'll keep Saturday morning open and I'm sure we could fill out a foursome. Although I have to warn you, if you are looking to me for more easy $$$$ thanks to my 50 on the back 9 of Talega, don't go spending the money quite yet. After working through a few kinks in my swing, I was able to cobble together a 79 this afternoon at Mile Square Park. Game on, baby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Hahah!!  Lets do it!  Come on down to Orange County and we will get out and play a round my friend!

Hey Brandon... I have 3 pictures to make one word.  Lets see if you can guess what word I'm thinking of!!

Haha!  I have to letters for you...let me see if you can guess.

Yes I will be in town. My wife and I have a charity event that happens to be on October 12th this year. It is sort of an annual tradition that we get a hotel for the night and spend the following day in Laguna, so I would really be in the doghouse if I cancelled our weekend getaway for golf (apparently I am not as brave as Beachcomber). I'm sure I could play Saturday morning, as long as we were done by 2:30-3pm. I definitely want a re-match, so let's do it!

Alright, well it's still a ways away, but seems like it could work out.

After working through a few kinks in my swing, I was able to cobble together a 79 this afternoon at Mile Square Park. Game on, baby!

Wow, nice.  I shot a 44 through 9 at Granite Bay Country Club!  I really stunk it up, but mostly cause the guys hosting me were talking my ear off the whole time.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Us three are in for what ever course is decided I have not played either one!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Haha!  I have to letters for you...let me see if you can guess.

#11 I hit a ~ decent ~ drive and have 235 into the green.  So I ask Brandon what he had into the green... 185. ................. 12+ my (___)x(___)!!!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

#11 I hit a ~ decent ~ drive and have 235 into the green.  So I ask Brandon what he had into the green... 185. ................. 12+ my (___)x(___)!!!

lol, I hit the speed slot ;-)

No, but seriously, driving (including 3w) and putting are usually my strong points.  Irons (especially anything inside 130 yards) are my weakness, although I hit my longer irons well at times.  Par 5s usually are right in my wheelhouse (Dr, 3w/long iron).

If anyone wants to try Oak Quarry on July 4:

PRICES ONLY AVAILABLE ON JULY 4TH
$ 79
AFTER 11AM
$ 55
AFTER 2PM
USE PROMO CODE: JULY4
BOOK TEE TIMES ONLINE

OR BRING IN A PRINTED COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO RECEIVE SPECIAL RATES

Valid only on 7/4/2013. Valid for up to 4 people. Completion of round is not guaranteed with twilight times. Additional booking fee of $1.99 will be charged per player at time of booking. Not valid with any other promotion, holiday or tournament play.

Call the Golf Shop at (951) 685-1440 for tee time reservations or information.

Oak Quarry Golf Club   |   7151 Sierra Avenue, Riverside, CA 92509

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 3 weeks later...

BigC beat me in an 18 hole round this week!  Clutch par on the tough 18th hole, and took all my money.  That guy is pretty good.

Ha! Says the man who was 2 under through 3 holes. I'm just lucky it was match play or else you would have smoked me!

Guys, if we keep 10/13... I could be out. Wife wants to go to NorCal for her bday. Last time she can fly before the baby, and it's her bday.

That settles it.  Let's change the title:

TST NorCal Golfers -- Fall 2013 Outing 10-13-2013

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys. I don't get alerts for new posts in this group (probably something in doing wrong) but thought I would link this thread here. Looking for advice on courses near me in the desert! Thanks. http://thesandtrap.com/t/68826/best-course-nearest-to-barstow/0_20#post_874797

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

Hey guys. I don't get alerts for new posts in this group (probably something in doing wrong) but thought I would link this thread here. Looking for advice on courses near me in the desert! Thanks.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/68826/best-course-nearest-to-barstow/0_20#post_874797

Go to the group's page and click subscribe ;)

Also, now that Beach sounds like he's not going to be able to make it (should we start calling this "beaching out"?), who is leading the charge on this one?

• Upvote 1

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by jefkve

Also, now that Beach sounds like he's not going to be able to make it (should we start calling this "beaching out"?), who is leading the charge on this one?

LOL

yes... if you bail, then you are "beaching out"!

Go to the group's page and click subscribe ;)

Yeah, I did that but the threads still don't pop up on my "subscriptions" unless I post in them. Probably a settings issue.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Note: This thread is 3762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!