IGNORED

What shot do you dread?

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A tee shot that absolutely HAS to be a draw. That'll make my butthole pucker up pretty quickly...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by colin007

A tee shot that absolutely HAS to be a draw. That'll make my butthole pucker up pretty quickly...

+1.  Even though I've developed a draw as my stock driver shot, there's a couple holes on one of my home courses that I swear have magnets that pull balls to the right. One in particular is impossible to par if you can't hit a high draw off the tee.  Even a dead straight ball will leaves me a blocked approach requiring a substantial cut with a 9i or PW around trees.  To top it off, the fairway tilts to the right, so you need to have some draw spin on the ball to hold the fairway.

I hate that f***ing hole.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Ball below or above my feet, particularly below. Last time I had the ball below my feet I topped it 20 yards and then stuck an 8 iron to 2 feet. Bogey, but if I hadn't topped that 5 iron...

I have no problems (relatively speaking) with one foot being higher than the other but man I hate having the ball below my feet.

I think this is the one I dread the most as well. I really struggle trying to hit a ball that is not level with my feet.

Especially if I am hitting uphill because I struggle to shift my weight forward properly anyway, so if I am standing with my left foot high I typically lean back when I swing and hit it fat or top it.

I would say a tee shot were there is a hazard or OB right, and the wind is either in your face, or from the left. Not confident to hit a draw into the wind, and swinging hard always increases the the curve from left to right. So this always gave me issues, nothing like a big banana ball into a hazard. Never feel comfortable on the tee with this shot.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Putts of more than 40 feet, just struggle with feel and over read them.  Greenside chip in deep rough with the ball down.  Hard to make good contact and get it within 10 feet.  A 200 yard shot where you have to carry water and have trouble behind the green, I have to hit and hope because it falls in an area I don't have a reliable shot for.  I'd rather be in the trees on hard pan punching a driver cut shot.

• 1 month later...

yep, still hate those little 20 yard tight lie pitches....I can't ever seem to get them right!  wish I had a place to practice them

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I generally take each shot as it comes, but, I dislike deft downhill little chips when in the rough next to the green and you really have no room to play, I either fluff them by decelerating, or shank the bugger way past, though, put a bunker in front of me and I'll happy pinpoint my target as the top of the bottom black stripe on the flag, sandwedge, open stance and clubhead, flick it over and watch it crawl up there .

Golf... It's a funny game! :D

Dabz

I am a 11 HCP and for whatever reason from time to time I get the dreaded SH**Ks.......I cannot even say it.  It is usually in my wedges and only on full shots.....but it can ruin a round.  I believe that I lean into the ball....causing the hosel to move closer.   After one....I dread having another wedge shot.  Any thoughts, cures or serums would be welcome!

Originally Posted by PinHigh

I am a 11 HCP and for whatever reason from time to time I get the dreaded SH**Ks.......I cannot even say it.  It is usually in my wedges and only on full shots.....but it can ruin a round.  I believe that I lean into the ball....causing the hosel to move closer.   After one....I dread having another wedge shot.  Any thoughts, cures or serums would be welcome!

Put your change in your left pocket. Go on, do it. Now, tie your left shoe in a double knot. Right now, do it! Turn the hat backwards. Turn your hat around. Do it, PinHigh! Take this tee and stick it behind your left ear. What do you think you look like shooting chili peppers up Lee Janzen's ass? Do it now or I'm going to quit. I swear to God I'll quit. Good. Take this ball and hit it up the fairway.

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I shot short of a green where I am stuck between putting and chipping. I always like to have the flat stick in my hand, but there is a point of diminished returns when it is hard to get the speed. I have taken to always chipping them lately and I'm getting better at it. At least then, the only inconsistency is me and not a combination of me and the conditions.

Bill M

Originally Posted by PinHigh

Or the 7 iron bump and run from 95 yards......

I've definitely resorted to this when my ballstriking has failed me.

Ryan M

Anytime the ball is above my feet,either going uphill or just uneven fairways, hit it fat just about everytime. Second would be from the sand but I've been practicing those a bit so it's not as much of a mental obstacle as it once was.

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

About 10-20 ft off the green but with some bumps with long fairway grass in the way. If it was flat, I'd probably bring out the driver or the putter and try to knock it on, but I can never get the chip/pitch type shots right on these and end up nailing to past the hole or a mere 3-4 ft in front of me.

Today, I was sitting there 20 ft from the hole in this exact location on my 3rd shot, and somehow ended up with a 6. Knocked it for 4 ft, then used the putter and knocked it too far, and missed the next putt again.

GOLFFFFF......

Driver off the tee. Can't hit it. I often play full rounds without pulling a wood from the bag and just hit 3I off the tee. I can typically get it out to 250 off the tee. So I just use that the big clubs aren't working that particular day.

Originally Posted by BrandonM

Driver off the tee. Can't hit it. I often play full rounds without pulling a wood from the bag and just hit 3I off the tee. I can typically get it out to 250 off the tee. So I just use that the big clubs aren't working that particular day.

That's quite a 3 iron. Especially since Tiger Woods hits his about 230...

Ryan M

I'm the same as him, my driver and I have a fickle relationship. Usually I can still pull out a 3-wood, but sometimes I have to club down to 3-iron. I also hit 3-iron 240ish, 250 would be absolutely smoked, 220-230 slight mishit including runout, not all carry. Tiger hits it further than 230 off the tee. He's probably 250-260 depending on how soft the fairways are, 230 is probably all carry.

Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!