IGNORED

Do you care what your golf towels look like?

boil3rmak3r
Note: This thread is 3923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am a walker. I carry two towels on my bag. One towel is used to clean clubs/balls and the other is kept fairly clean and is used to dry my hands. I've been ribbed by many playing partners how nasty my "cleaning" towel looks. Truth be told, I haven't washed it in several years and it's more brown than the original white color it was. I don't care. It still does it's job. Do you keep all your towels clean or do you carry a nasty, dirty one like I do?

i'm with you: two towels, one for club/ball cleaning and one (fairly clean) for hand drying, etc.

i usually wash the cleaning towel after every round, but at this point even bleach won't get it as white as it once was. no big deal.

W[quote name="Elrey Desol" url="/t/68117/do-you-care-what-your-golf-towels-look-like#post_862663"]i'm with you: two towels, one for club/ball cleaning and one (fairly clean) for hand drying, etc. i usually wash the cleaning towel after every round, but at this point even bleach won't get it as white as it once was. no big deal. [/quote] I should probably wash my "clean" towel more often. I usually just do it once per month...

I am the same, two towels but my club cleaning one matches by bag.  The other is a black color that goes with the set up as well.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

Nope. I have a tri-fold Mizuno towel that hangs from a carabiner. It's blue, my bag is black. The outside of it is used for balls and clubs. The inside is for drying my hands and wiping my forehead. Only time it gets washed is when it has a lot of dried mud on it.

I have 2 towels hanging on there and 2 more in a pocket of the bag. I put those extra 2 in there one day after trying to play through a 5 towel rain storm with only 2 towels. Ha ha!

One is supposed to be for clubs or balls (like you guys do) but half the time I don't pay attention to which one I grab so they all end up dirty after a round when it's wet.

I do take them off and wash them anytime I notice they are dirty.

Originally Posted by boil3rmak3r

W

I should probably wash my "clean" towel more often. I usually just do it once per month...

i rarely wash the "clean" one.

i use the Guy Laundry Theorem: if it sits in the laundry basket (or on my bag) long enough, it eventually becomes clean again.

don't use a white towel, helps. Mine is black it is dirty but you don't see it.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I am a walker. I carry two towels on my bag. One towel is used to clean clubs/balls and the other is kept fairly clean and is used to dry my hands. I've been ribbed by many playing partners how nasty my "cleaning" towel looks. Truth be told, I haven't washed it in several years and it's more brown than the original white color it was. I don't care. It still does it's job.

Do you keep all your towels clean or do you carry a nasty, dirty one like I do?

The first use of it's is appropriate because it is a shortened version of it is .  The second it's is wrong because you are implying possession. The correct word would be its in the sentence It still does its job.

And I haven't washed mine once this entire season but it is black so it doesn't matter.  Throw it in the wash!! Just not with your nice golf shirts

The first use of it's is appropriate because it is a shortened version of it is .  The second it's is wrong because you are implying possession. The correct word would be its in the sentence It still does its job. And I haven't washed mine once this entire season but it is black so it doesn't matter.  Throw it in the wash!! Just not with your nice golf shirts b2_tongue.gif

I guess its good practice to proof your posts really carefully so others don't think its the poster being ignorant... I agree with the dark towel thing. Being an independent insurance agent, I order personalized towels through the company. For some reason, they only offer them in white ...

I use a Frogger towel for the clubs, keep it wet on the inside so no matter how dirty it is, you can't see it.  My other two towels, one for hands, one for sweat are black.  I usually keep an extra set of towel in the car so I swap them out after each round to wash them.  They don't look dirty but I don't like wiping my face with a towel covered in dried up sweat.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ive got a Mizuno tour towel that I use to wipe any mud or grass off of my clubs after a shot.  Its been a couple years since I bought it and have never washed it.  You cant even really tell its a Mizuno towel anymore because the runbird logo is pretty well covered by mud and grass.

Ive never had anyone harass me about it and honestly, if anyone ever did, I would laugh and tell them to mind their business.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator

When mine gets dirty enough that it starts to become ineffective or it's tough to find a clean spot to use, I wash it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am a walker. I carry two towels on my bag. One towel is used to clean clubs/balls and the other is kept fairly clean and is used to dry my hands. I've been ribbed by many playing partners how nasty my "cleaning" towel looks. Truth be told, I haven't washed it in several years and it's more brown than the original white color it was. I don't care. It still does it's job.

I am not concerned what my towels look like however my wife sure does! We often play together and she is grossed out by dirty towels. My towels are always clean and fresh as they are washed and replaced every couple of weeks.

I have a towel that hangs from the bag that is mostly clean, use it to wipe my hands, dry balls that come out of the washer. In my bag are 3-4 yellow microfiber auto detail towels that I use to clean clubs and I carry one to every green to clean balls after marking it. Usually it's somewhat wet from dipping it in the ball washer on the cart. I wash those as needed, every other round or so. If it gets too dirty there's clean ones in the bag.

Dave :-)

I wash mine once a week, regardless of appearance. Again, those that know me know it's a sickness. I can't help it.

I can't even wear my golf shirt unless I iron the collar before I head out. Dirty towels and shoes are my biggest annoyances!

I carry a full-sized bath towel.  Half wet.  It gets washed once a year whether it needs it or not.....

My golf buddies refuse to touch it.   I once left it on the green and it caught back up to me on it's own 2 holes later!

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!