IGNORED

Club placement on approach

Note: This thread is 3943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I was at the range yesterday and noticed something that now seems to be helping me make much better contact. I'm setting up with the ball closer to the heel of the club rather than the middle. I noticed that for some reason on my down swing I tend to pull the club in a little, which in the past has led to me getting more of the toe than I would like. Has anyone else expierenced something like this? Also I know standing closer would probably be a viable alternative, but it feels really uncomfortable and awkard.

Also should I just go with this and really make it my setup/swing? Or would it be better to iron out the underlying issue in the swing (pulling the club in a bit)

Thanks

From the 860 to the 310 and back

UConn  

Whats in the bag:

Driver:  Burner

Irons:  R7 4-SW

Extra Wedge:  56*

Putter:  Tuttle

Ball(s): Pro-V1 and whenever there's a ncie ball in my range basket

Originally Posted by scrilla

So I was at the range yesterday and noticed something that now seems to be helping me make much better contact. I'm setting up with the ball closer to the heel of the club rather than the middle. I noticed that for some reason on my down swing I tend to pull the club in a little, which in the past has led to me getting more of the toe than I would like. Has anyone else expierenced something like this? Also I know standing closer would probably be a viable alternative, but it feels really uncomfortable and awkard.

Also should I just go with this and really make it my setup/swing? Or would it be better to iron out the underlying issue in the swing (pulling the club in a bit)

Thanks

I went through a period last year when I was doing the exact same thing. It was a magic bullet for about two weeks and then it lost its magic. YMMV.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

what ever works.  I line up my irons on the heel, almost as if I am going to hit the hozel (not quite). Impact tape proves that by doing so, I am hitting the center.  EJ has a good point, sometimes something that you are doing differently will work great for awhile until your body compensates every so subtlety.  Interesting point as to why I started doing that: I had read the article about somebody finding Hogan's "lost" one iron and noting the wear mark near the heel "pocket" from consistent hits and the fact that on the older blades the very small sweet spot was located in that area. Since my irons were Hogans, I thought I would try it. Now, I realize that my Hogan Edges are nothing like what golfers of that era used, but for whatever reason, I found that by trying to hit in the pocket enabled me to find the sweet spot (or very close) just about every time and it gives me a consistent place to align from. I have never shanked since doing that (cross my fingers).

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!