IGNORED

My Swing (Hacker James)

Hacker James
Note: This thread is 2580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 40 yrs off and on

My current handicap index or average score is: 94

My typical ball flight is: straight/fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: this is first attempt at video/test

Videos:

Don't really know much about creating video, this was solely for camera set up, note flip flops e.t.c. next one will be representative of my swing. Thanks for patience.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

well, whatever I did, the video showed up. I used my point and shoot (30 FPS), and saved it in Movie Maker Windows Live, then to upload I first had to convert the format or something so that it would be accepted on You Tube. Then I think I had to copy and paste the URL to embed to the post.  Hopefully, when I get a tripod, I can put up a better video with a DTL shot also. (without the flip flops). I think the speed is .5X

Thanks for bearing with me, this is new stuff for me and I am not familiar with creating videos.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

James,

Use a couple of alignment sticks or golf clubs to set up your camera angles, it's easier to get yurself oriented properly to the camera that way.

Also, read this: http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/library/filming_your_swing_reference#notes

EDIT* sorry that link apparently isn't available if you're not an evolvr student, here's a different one:

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

The stuff about camera placement and angles is about 2/3 down the page.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Hacker James

well, whatever I did, the video showed up. I used my point and shoot (30 FPS), and saved it in Movie Maker Windows Live, then to upload I first had to convert the format or something so that it would be accepted on You Tube. Then I think I had to copy and paste the URL to embed to the post.  Hopefully, when I get a tripod, I can put up a better video with a DTL shot also. (without the flip flops). I think the speed is .5X

Thanks for bearing with me, this is new stuff for me and I am not familiar with creating videos.  Thanks.

Congrats on your first swing post!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

James,

Use a couple of alignment sticks or golf clubs to set up your camera angles, it's easier to get yurself oriented properly to the camera that way.

Also, read this: http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/library/filming_your_swing_reference#notes

EDIT* sorry that link apparently isn't available if you're not an evolvr student, here's a different one:

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

The stuff about camera placement and angles is about 2/3 down the page.

Perfect! exactly what I needed!     Thanks

"James"

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Congrats on your first swing post!

Thank you. The quality of the video is better than I expected using a point and shoot with Frame speed of only 30.  As for the swing......that wasn't the primary focus (pardon the pun). Next time I will set up properly, get better alignment e.t.c.   At least it was done in only one take.

"James"

just a note: I've been looking at this test video and don't think the camera is going to be good enough. It allows me to freeze frame and look at some parts of the golf swing, check for head and body movement okay I guess, but can not really get into nitty gritty and look at things on down swing such as left wrist, impact e.t.c. By that time, its just too fast and blurry at 30 FPS. I was able to notice a couple of things I can work on such as right knee coming in pre-impact, noticed also that on back swing I am pulling body up a little. Also I did not pay much attention to my grip at the start (Of course in this case, I did not pay a lot of attention as I was mostly trying to see what camera would do). I don't know what the shutter speed is as the camera is a point and shoot, but its obviously not fast enough. I doubt if I will buy another though, but I will give it some thought and maybe get a Casio EX-FC100 or FC200 if I can find one. I thought I saw a couple for around $200. We will see what the next looks like when I line up better and try a DTL. I suppose I could film a few just for my own comparison from time to time without publishing or taking up anybodys time.

"James"

Off topic... but I see that you have an Orlimar club in your bag. They are still pretty popular up here Northern California because the original owner was from around here. The guys here who have them rave about them.

I will wait for better videos before commenting on your swing.

Michael

Yes, thank you.  I was not fishing for critique by the way, except maybe for how to better use the camera, EJ has already given me some good direction there.  I have two Olimars that I got at a thrift store.  I really like them, really good off the deck, not so good in high rough as its too easy to get under the ball due to the very low profile. I looked at the reviews and you are right, everybody who tried them say pretty much the same thing.  They do require a smooth effort though. I use the 21 degree in lieu of 4 or 5 iron a lot in a good lie. Feels like I can really "stick" it. (within my limited abilities of course).

"James"

"James"

http://www.amazon.com/CASIO-EXILIM-EX-FC200S-EX-FC200SRD-japan/dp/B005SXYG1I/ref=sr_1_19?s=photo&ie;=UTF8&qid;=1372953009&sr;=1-19&keywords;=casio

comments??

That looks pretty spiffy. I just use the camera on my phone and manually draw my swing plane lines on the still images with MSPaint. I'm sure that there are more high tech ways to do this, I just haven't looked for them yet.

Finally got a tripod and finished building impact barrier. On the barrier, I used 1/2 inch EMT pipe and shade cloth, its okay, but I should have gone with 3/4 inch pipe.  The video is a little more serious than the last one, but I think my mind was still focused more on the camera than the swing itself.  I felt self conscious.  I think it is at .5 speed.

"James"

after review, I see a couple of things:

1. My body is still being pulled up a little on the backswing

2. At impact, my left wrist is not as flat as I want, and it looks as though I am bending my right arm prematurely as I can see a bit of chicken wing.

"James"

Nice little practice area you got there!

Do you have a tendency to slice occasionally? Only reason I ask is it looks like you're coming a little out to in on the DTL view.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

yes, I noticed that too. a bit OTT.  I sometimes do have a little lateral slide also.  I do not think it was as much evident in the face on view and that swing felt better even though I caught the tree branch.

"James"

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Nice little practice area you got there!

Do you have a tendency to slice occasionally? Only reason I ask is it looks like you're coming a little out to in on the DTL view.

Oh, I thought you said "slide"...that too....I only took that one DTL this time, no practice swing. I normally have a straight shot or fade, but you are right, once in a while if I am not careful, that is a definite slice. I felt it in this shot, but I did not bother to made another video. This is only the 2nd time I tried to make a video.

"James"

Oh, I thought you said "slide"...that too....I only took that one DTL this time, no practice swing. I normally have a straight shot or fade, but you are right, once in a while if I am not careful, that is a definite slice. I felt it in this shot, but I did not bother to made another video. This is only the 2nd time I tried to make a video.

Gotcha. Video is looking better. Maybe back the DTL view up just a hair.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Thanks, I will do that, its too close almost distorted. You might have also noted that the face on view is in the opposite direction. The reason for that is, I did not want anybody to see how trashy our back patio is with all the extra tables, tarps, chairs, and mostly acquired "junk".  LOL....

"James"

Note: This thread is 2580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!