IGNORED

What kind of car do you drive?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 3031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd like to see how those black wheels would look on my Dodge....

I think they'd be YUMMMMY.......

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 1 month later...
Jeep Wrangler

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback and just added a 2011 Ford Escape this past weekend.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

06' Lexus IS350 soon to be destroyed by our soon to be here baby boy.  I wish I could fit my golf bag in the trunk AND keep my 10" sub box

I put Adams and PING in my OGIO Recoil bag. I'm shooting for the low 90's by summer 13'

03 F350 dually.  When I get around to fixing the brakes, I will also be driving a 1966 Mustang.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Honestly, if you are going to buy a fullsize truck then gas milage shouldnt even be a concern.

Why?  I had a Dodge 3500 Dually that was capable of 24mpg hwy  and my Dodge 2500 CTD was about the same.  Diesel baby!

I put Adams and PING in my OGIO Recoil bag. I'm shooting for the low 90's by summer 13'

2010 BMW 335D that my company is paying the monthly payments for me :D its also amazing to get 45-50 miles to the gallon highway and over 30 in town while still being super fast when I want it to be.

Originally Posted by avmcdevildog

2010 BMW 335D that my company is paying the monthly payments for me :D its also amazing to get 45-50 miles to the gallon highway and over 30 in town while still being super fast when I want it to be.

That engine in the 335D is fantastic.    In Europe they offer that same engine in the 535 and it is a great match; I don't understand why they don't offer it in the US since they already have it in the 3 series and hence have all the service and parts network already set up.    I've got the 535i in gas, but would have bought the D in a heartbeat if it was available here.

That engine in the 335D is fantastic.    In Europe they offer that same engine in the 535 and it is a great match; I don't understand why they don't offer it in the US since they already have it in the 3 series and hence have all the service and parts network already set up.    I've got the 535i in gas, but would have bought the D in a heartbeat if it was available here.

You def ain't lying when you say that about the engine. I couldn't be happier with this car. I didn't even know I wanted a BMW let alone a diesel until my ol lady basically made me buy this car ha. I have no complaints other than the expensive maintenance! I was told BMW didn't continue with the 335D model or expand upon it because the demand wasn't as high state side. But they supposedly have plans in the works to bring in another model of the diesel within a year or so. It might be something I'll look into eventually

Originally Posted by Clambake

This is true for a lot of manufacturers. For example there is a very nice diesel ford focus in Europe that is not available in North America, so much for domestic automaker. I feel it has to do with the stigma attached to diesel in North America. Most people associate diesel with tractor trailers or old VWs that smell and are loud and thus manufacturers are reluctant to offer it over here.

This is true for a lot of manufacturers. For example there is a very nice diesel ford focus in Europe that is not available in North America, so much for domestic automaker. I feel it has to do with the stigma attached to diesel in North America. Most people associate diesel with tractor trailers or old VWs that smell and are loud and thus manufacturers are reluctant to offer it over here.

That's exactly why they haven't caught on. They did a study and the majority think of big loud black pouring smoke trucks when you say diesel. I know I used to but that's from being brought up as a farm boy. These cars have changed my entire view as far as cars and diesels go.

Originally Posted by avmcdevildog

That's exactly why they haven't caught on. They did a study and the majority think of big loud black pouring smoke trucks when you say diesel. I know I used to but that's from being brought up as a farm boy. These cars have changed my entire view as far as cars and diesels go.

After high school I did an apprenticeship as an auto mechanic and worked as a licensed mechanic for 6 years after and from my experience diesel is the way to go. I am glad to see that manufacturers are going to start releasing more cars in North America with diesel and I am certainly going to consider it when I trade in my civic.

After high school I did an apprenticeship as an auto mechanic and worked as a licensed mechanic for 6 years after and from my experience diesel is the way to go. I am glad to see that manufacturers are going to start releasing more cars in North America with diesel and I am certainly going to consider it when I trade in my civic.

Several of my best friends are mechanics for the big brands, they were tickled pink when I came over with a diesel car. They love it not because its a bmw but only cause its a diesel ha. Cracks me up all the time cause they always want to drive it since I'm the only one we all know with a diesel car

I would buy a diesel to drive back and forth to work in if it wasn't for a couple of factors:

The federal excise tax here in the U.S. is 6 cents higher on diesel than gasoline, so diesel is always going to be more expensive.  Given that nearly all of the new diesel mid-size cars get around 34mpg, and my Kia Optima averages 32mpg for me, it would never be cheaper than a gasoline car.  The newer diesels don't have the drawbacks of the 80's models, and wouldn't hurt me any, but there's no economical reason to switch at this time.

Same reason I didn't buy a hybrid.  With the higher price of the hybrid vs. mpg for me, it would take me around 7 years to break even.  I have never owned a daily driver car for 7 years, so I wouldn't save a dime, and more likely pay more to drive.

I have a toy for weekends, but driving to work and back everyday, I look for something large enough to be comfortable (mid-size), economical and warranty coverage.

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

I would buy a diesel to drive back and forth to work in if it wasn't for a couple of factors:

The federal excise tax here in the U.S. is 6 cents higher on diesel than gasoline, so diesel is always going to be more expensive.  Given that nearly all of the new diesel mid-size cars get around 34mpg, and my Kia Optima averages 32mpg for me, it would never be cheaper than a gasoline car.  The newer diesels don't have the drawbacks of the 80's models, and wouldn't hurt me any, but there's no economical reason to switch at this time.

Same reason I didn't buy a hybrid.  With the higher price of the hybrid vs. mpg for me, it would take me around 7 years to break even.  I have never owned a daily driver car for 7 years, so I wouldn't save a dime, and more likely pay more to drive.

I have a toy for weekends, but driving to work and back everyday, I look for something large enough to be comfortable (mid-size), economical and warranty coverage.

Fair enough, it was the same for me when considering the hybrid civic. It only gets a few mpg better than mine, especially since my car is a 5 spd manual (2008 model so back then it did get better mileage than auto which would not be true now) but the hybrid option adds $7,000 to the price tag which would take the better part of a decade to make up the difference.

Note: This thread is 3031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!