IGNORED

At the risk of alienating myself.......

Note: This thread is 3929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nike Men's Fashion Trajectory Print Short Sleeve Polo does anybody else find the majority of golf apparel absolutely hideous? adidas Men's adizero Colorblock Short Sleeve PoloSlazenger Men's Rothwell Short Sleeve Polo

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

It's just the current fad.  I mean I like Rickie Fowler and all, but a lot of the golf clothing today seems to spawn from his Puma gear.  The problem is, I haven't seen it look anywhere remotely good on any near 50 year old such as myself.  I just can't believe what they're charging for this stuff; $50-70 for a shirt and at least that (or more) for a pair of shorts.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

I don't find it hideous but I avoid anything with a pattern if it's rubberized. Most of my golf clothing is purchased in the pro shop of the various courses I play so it ranges from awful to sporty, depends if I found it on the clearance rack. I don't let odd looks get in the way of a great bargain.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not golf shirts I'd wear but I've seen similar on Tour and on the course and it wasn't a horrible look.

The colors might be influenced by Rickie but the OP examples seem to be for a bit older demographic.  The last one (black) reminded me of a bowling shirt I'd see guys wear when I was in leagues.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Not golf shirts I'd wear but I've seen similar on Tour and on the course and it wasn't a horrible look.

The colors might be influenced by Rickie but the OP examples seem to be for a bit older demographic.  The last one (black) reminded me of a bowling shirt I'd see guys wear when I was in leagues.

Nah, those are young guys' shirts. The 80's are in full fashion swing, so that's probably why it reminds you of a bowling shirt.

To the OP, I concur. Those are ugly. I kinda have this pet peeve about Rickie Fowler's attire. Every time I hear a golf announcer talk about how much fashion sense he has, it drives me nuts. Color coordinating != fashion. Sorry, had to get that one off my chest.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

In my opinion the fashions today, including the rapper caps are pure crap.

Rickie Fowler should be on a fashion runway rather than a golf fairway with the comedy clothes he wears, coupled with the poor game he emulates.

Another clown like McIlroy who got the big contract and quit the game.

Originally Posted by jimmyc

Rickie Fowler should be on a fashion runway rather than a golf fairway with the comedy clothes he wears, coupled with the poor game he emulates.

Rickie Fowler does not belong anywhere in fashion. Didn't someone just post that earlier?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I buy name brand golf apparel at Marshalls or TJ Maxx their golf shirts and slacks are less than half the ticket price. Stopped at Oakley Vault the other day got a shirt and hat for $29.

I buy name brand golf apparel at Marshalls or TJ Maxx their golf shirts and slacks are less than half the ticket price. Stopped at Oakley Vault the other day got a shirt and hat for $29.

I have bought several really nice shirts at Marshalls. I got some Pebble Beach ones and Greg Norman ones. Half of the huge one I went to was all golf attire. I was like a kid on Christmas morning. Haha.

I like these...

Originally Posted by WhySoSerious

does anybody else find the majority of golf apparel absolutely hideous?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

It makes life on the course interesting...

but it's not for me.

I prefer the new apparel that is basic. In that way, I can use it for 2-3 years, not one season.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

That stuff is ok I guess on the golf course. I usually buy something I wear besides on the course. As to price, if it is not on the red dot at Belk, I usually don't look at it. Sam's often has some deals this time of year on something age appropriate for us who are, uh, over 30ish. ( I am way over)

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Originally Posted by dbuck

That stuff is ok I guess on the golf course.

As a general rule, I don't wear anything on the course that I would be embarrassed to wear to a restaurant afterwards. Solid or striped shirts for me.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by jimmyc

In my opinion the fashions today, including the rapper caps are pure crap.

Another clown like McIlroy who got the big contract and quit the game.

They are ranked 2 and 30 in the world and flat bill caps were the norm back in Lee Trevino's day, long before rappers came along. I'm old enough that I remember when all caps came with flat bills. My Dad spent time with me showing how to personalize the amount of bend when I received my first little league uniform. Which back then was a cheap t-shirt with just a number and matching cap.

Dave :-)

I generally wear solid colored shirts, or occasionally ones with small stripes. About two weeks ago, I finally bought myself some plaid shorts - black and grey with a little bit of yellow. Prior to that, the only semi-eccentric golf clothing I had was in the belt department: a black one with a big Nike buckle, and also a white belt and a red belt.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!