IGNORED

Has anyone here had to deal with FAI? #PAINFUL#

BrokenShaft
Note: This thread is 3920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ive been to 3 different orthopedics and I have been diagnoses as having FAI( http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/apr12/clinical16.asp ).

The last time i played was 4th of July. I could barely finish my round. It has finally caught up with me and I am hanging up my clubs for the rest of the summer until I can get this fixed.

My last drive with my driver brought me to my knees in pain. I was so pissed I slammed my driver against the ground shattering a $200 shaft. Its time to do something about this.

Just curious if anyone here has had the surgery and what the recovery time will be.

thanks

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
What is FAI?

Ping G25 Driver 8.5 deg TFC 189 s flex Golf Pride Tour Velvet Titleist 904F 15 deg Fujikura Speeder s flex Golf Pride Tour Velvet Callaway X14 Pro head 2 iron Rifle (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Mizuno MP30 3 iron to PW Nippon NS Pro 1050 (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Callaway X14 SW 56 deg Rifle (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cleveland 588 60deg bent 3 weak Ping Anser 4 Isopur2 with so much lead it's obscene! Mizuno Aerolite X Samurai Bag Titliest Pro VX 1[SIZE=1]Ping G25 Driver 8.5 deg Titleist 904F 15 deg Fujikura Callaway X14 Pro head 2 iron Rifle (s) Mizuno MP30 3 iron to PW Nippon NS Pro 1050 (s) Callaway X14 SW 56 deg Rifle (s) Cleveland 588 60deg bent 3 weak, beaten up and real ugly Ping Anser 4 Isopur2 with so much lead it's obscene Mizuno Aerolite X Limited Edition Samurai Bag Titliest Pro VX 1

• Administrator
Originally Posted by grattos

What is FAI?

He linked to it: femoral acetabular impingement .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know much about FAI and in fact just learned from your post and some short internet research.  The condition was described as "excessive friction" in the joint.  Is the surgery a "hip replacement"? The condition sounds like what happens with arthritis, the pad between the bones in a joint wear our and the bone on bone contact makes for a lot of pain (I do know about that from personal experiences).  But if the surgery is a hip replacement you should be good to go to the first tee in 8-12 weeks.  Rehab is painful but necessary to a good outcome.  If the surgery is some sort of repair of the "meniscus" between the bones then I would think that your Rehab time would be less.  I don't know if that helps or if I just showed my ignorance but there is my relative uninformed opinion.

Butch

Thanks for the good info. The surgery does attempt to repair or just remove the torn labrum cartilage and they smooth the cam type impingement on the bone so it rotates properly again. I recently got a cortisone shot in one of my front hip tendons and it reduced the swelling in my Bursa Sac region. Was able to start light workouts again and finally played golf again this week after a month layoff. Felt great!

That's unfortunate man, hope you're able to recover soon. Would help to maybe get a couple different medical opinions to see if there are alternative solutions to surgery. Golf will always be there, get fixed up!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Yea it has been frustrating. I've been through 3 orthopedic s and completed two diff types of physical therapy. I've been going on to Texas Orthopedics and seeing a physician but he is reluctant to operate. Just keeps giving me shots. Brandt Snedaker had this surgery on both hips. Arod, Lady GaGa and lots of hockey players have had this surgery. I just want to get 100% so I can run again.

Note: This thread is 3920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!