IGNORED

Where do you leave your Clubs

Note: This thread is 5115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played rounds on Friday afternoon of last week, then Saturday Night and since then have left my clubs in the trunk of my car, (I have a 4:00 tee time today)

I began to start wondering with the temps being so high lately, where do most people leave their clubs? do you bring them in the house after every round, or do you leave them in your vehicle?

Mine have been in the trunk of my car or under the back seat of my truck for YEARS with zero ill effects. I hear it's not good to do, but I always do.

Mine have been in the trunk of my car or under the back seat of my truck for YEARS with zero ill effects. I hear it's not good to do, but I always do.

I've heard the same thing, but I would think that it would only apply to graphite shafts possibility right?

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago - something like "will the heat inside a parked car damage my clubs".

Another member was thoughtful enough to do some research and posted that heat per se will not damage modern shafts or heads themselves, but over a period of several years it may degrade the epoxy binding them together. He posted a link to a tech page on the issue, but I'm awfully sorry, I don't recall the URL. If I find it later (I'm at work now), I'll post it.

Personally I keep my clubs in the car trunk most workdays, since I never know when my boss will ask me for a round after our shift is over. My carreer advancement more than offsets any worries I have about an epoxy failure 5 years down the road. (I do take them into the house on weekends and any other day I'm sure he won't want to play.)

Hope this helps!

Tom

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago - something like "will the heat inside a parked car damage my clubs".

great post.....thanks

Trunk of my car. I, too have wondered if it's bad for the clubs to leave them for long periods of time in high heat. I think the only thing it might hurt is the grips on your clubs. So far I haven't had a problem, but I'm sure it can't be great for them.

I keep mine inside because I am much more likely to practice pitching around the yard if I do not have to get them out of my car to do it.

I heard the same thing about the golf balls, so I now only keep the necessary balls in my bag and the rest are stored in my garage.

I keep my clubs in my trunk most of the summer, just because you never know when you'll get time to squeeze in some practice. I'd hate to have an opportunity to play but not have my clubs and have to go clear home to get them.

It's not a good idea to leave clubs in your trunk if you keep the car in sunlight and the temperature is much over 80 or so. When the temp gets up over 100-120 in the trunk (as it will if you leave the car parked in the sun on a hot day), it does, over time, damage the grips, the epoxy bonds, and epoxies within graphite shafts.

That said, it would probably take many, many days of such abuse to really damage anything, but as a rule it's better not to leave them this way.

Most of the time I keep mine at the club where I belong, but from time to time I take them with me and frequently leave them in my trunk. However, if I'm going somewhere where I know I will have to be parked in hot sun, I leave them home in the basement. When parked in the covered parking garage at work, I will leave them in my trunk.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to keep them in my trunk all the time but my current car doesn't really have the luxury of space to do so. I don't usually have impromptu rounds and we recently cleaned up a nice little area of our bedroom, so I have a corner with some nice golf artwork hanging and my clubs fit nicely in there.

Tangent: wouldn't golf balls kept nicely warm be more resilient? Is it just a matter of feel, or does the ball truly degrade with the heat?

...Tangent: wouldn't golf balls kept nicely warm be more resilient? Is it just a matter of feel, or does the ball truly degrade with the heat?

I don't know. Some guys put softballs in the microwave to hit them further.....

I actually keep my bag in my bedroom. I like putting on my rug, marking my balls, and just looking at them in there ahahha.

I don't know. Some guys put softballs in the microwave to hit them further.....

My Grandfather actually puts his balls into boiling water before a round. He says it gives him a nice soft feel.

I like to keep them in the back of my vehicle as much as possible. Then during lunch break I can go to the range or after work go right to the course. Although, with a new baby, his stroller seems to take the place of my clubs more often than not.

Note: This thread is 5115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!