IGNORED

can I benefit from callaway practice putting green?

Note: This thread is 3930 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was considering purchasing a callaway practice putting green with auto return but didnt know how much good it would do.? I really want to work on my putting but I have to drive at least 30 minutes to find a decent green and with twin six month olds and a two year old time is at a premium. I have only been playing a few months and need a lot of work but didnt know how much good putting on a flat surface with a big hill at the end would do.? What is your opinion? Thanks

It can be useful. I think practicing on a flat surface is the best especially in order to hone in a good stroke(if you don't have 1 already).  I have one and I'm a single digit handicap.  I use it at home since I have 2 kids as well.  I also have a Callaway net in the garage.  I don't use it a lot, but do use it when the wife is tired and I feel like getting some practice.

I also take my oldest(2.5yr) with me to the course! Started at 1.5, you're not far off, but with twins you might be further away.

The twins arent bad to take care of but the two year old can be a handful. Ive thought about taking him to the driving range but there is a lake right beside it and it makes me nervous!

I vision a set of baby swings with a putting green between them in front of the television. If the green is decent it would be a good way to get that putting stroke sharp.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by blaylock6502

The twins arent bad to take care of but the two year old can be a handful. Ive thought about taking him to the driving range but there is a lake right beside it and it makes me nervous!

What kind of carpet do you have? It may sound funny, but I spend some evenings putting around in my living room with the target being something simple.. whether it's one of my songs lego/duplo block things, or a plastic cup facing me.

It's not realistic at all, but the carpet runs pretty true in terms of speed. In terms of speed, I would say that my carpet feels like an 8. Regardless, just using my putter on carpet that doesn't cause the ball to bounce around, is useful to me. I noticed big changes this year so far since I've been putting around 3-4x a week for 15-20 minutes at a time in the evening.

Tips for fathers/husbands out there, just wait until your wife is messing around on her iPad/phone (playing Candy Crush or on Facebook), or watching a Lifetime movie. Once my son hits his crib and my wife is watching the Real Housewives of (insert city), I start putting around.

Haha that is hilarious but im expected to wait patiently for her to finish her level of plants vs zombies or watching toddlers and tierras and im avoiding spending time with her if I do something I want to do while she is doing that! Go figure!

I just set up my new birdy ball green 2ft by 13ft it rolls great very much like real grass. My issue is I do not think it will hep too much. My problem is alignment not my stroke. When I sank 5 o 6 from12 ft I knew that having the two straight rdged of the strip made it very easy to align not sure if this will help on a true green

Note: This thread is 3930 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!