IGNORED

Big Break NFL

ejere1
Note: This thread is 3584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw Rypien win the ACC in a modified Stableford against other non-golf celebrities.  His closest NFL competitor was Chris Chandler and John Elway, none of the other guys on Big Break NFL were involved or close to the lead so this should be a hot mess.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ouch, that's low...but somewhat true! I actually prefer watching the web.com tour over the LPGA. I will say this though, the LPGA is a lot more exciting to watch then a couple of NFL players hacking away on the golf course.

Don't think they'll be hacking away on the course man. Have you seen their handicaps? A couple are scratch golfers and the other two are a 2 or 3 handicap. I can't remember where I saw it, might have been the golf channel app but it showed their handicaps.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Del Greco is a solid golfer. I remember watching him in the Pro Am in Tahoe. He was scratch. He won't be shanking it around. That Meghan Hardin has a huge handicap from what I remember.

I don't doubt they're good players, they aren't professionals though and that's why I'm not interested in watching. At least the players on Big Break Mexico were all trying to go pro, these guys aren't pursueing a career in golf.

I don't doubt they're good players, they aren't professionals though and that's why I'm not interested in watching. At least the players on Big Break Mexico were all trying to go pro, these guys aren't pursueing a career in golf.

I understand but it's just the golf channel trying to change things up to keep it interesting. I only started watching BB since greenbrier and love it so I'm interested in it.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Rats - I was hoping it would be ex-NBA and Charles Barkley would be the come from behind favorite.

But I agree with Motown88 - let's show golfers who are truly looking for a "Big Break" - their shot at the pro tours.  Celebrity golfers, even when they are scratch, are just that - celebrity golfers.  Nobody makes the PGA or LPGA by being scratch.

Nobody makes the PGA or LPGA by being scratch.

???

James Lepp, for the win.

Originally Posted by Roblar

I'll cheering for the Niners ...I mean, for Team Rice... and the Squatch!

Historic note: The only NFL veteran to ever win a pro golf event is John Brodie, 49ers QB from 1958-1973. Brodie won the 1991 Security Pacific Senior Classic.

He worked with golf pro Jimmy Ballard, a groundbreaking instructor who launched "The Connection" system in the 1970s. Ballard was big on proper hand-loading, and studied how athletes from other sports hit balls. He had some pro baseball players who were his students, and also taught tennis ace Arthur Ashe to play golf.

Ballard was one of the first golf instructors to use videotape swing analysis, and credits Brodie with giving him the idea: Brodie told him about how football teams watched tapes on Monday of the prior weekend's games to pick up ways to improve their play.

Brodie was quite a golfer before meeting Ballard. Brodie played on both the football and golf team at Stanford U., and qualified for both the 1959 and 1981 U.S. Open.

For details: http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/landing?Former-49ers-QB-John-Brodie-fights-back-=1&blockID;=745595&feedID;=10192

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Looks like Z's self-made sexy golf outfits earned her a spot on the All Star show.

Yeah, that doesn't even look like a golf outfit.  Looks like something I'd see bicyclist wearing for some type of event.

Jeff

• 1 month later...
So anyone watch the first episode???? Also what happened to Stephanie Sparks? Why is she not hosting this season? Will she be back?

They always rotate the hosts. They'll probably have her back at some point.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I love Big Break.  Indian Wells was my first season and I've been glued to it since.  This NFL thing is awkward at best.  I'm sure they thought that celebrities would help with ratings, but it doesn't work.

Also not sure I need to see former contestants - notably the ones they picked.  Although I do like that Canadian who has the shoe company.

Tafoya was terrible.  Looked like she didn't want to be there.  Offered nothing.  Made Sparks look like she was born for broadcasting.

However, there was some exceptional golf.  The NFLers are evidently great drivers of the ball.  Tim Brown hits it 295 and 1 foot from the geographical center of the fairway and he is LAST?  Dead last?  Was there a downhill or downwind element that was not obvious on TV?  Could you get a similar grouping of shots from the pros?  And the girls with the shots into the green?  What a grouping!  Once again, could you take the #75-80 golfer in the world and get that grouping the first try?

I'll keep watching for a bit, but I'm not sure I'm in for the season. Whole thing just seemed seemed awkward.

Note: This thread is 3584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!