IGNORED

Big Break NFL

ejere1
Note: This thread is 3605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I find Chris Doleman is an instigating moron. Football means nothing on a golf show, I wouldn't be giving golf pros direction no matter what. He thinks he's Mr. Miyagi or something... Painful to watch.

Yeah, I don't disagree with that.  He thinks he's a leader, and on the football field he probably was, but on the golf course, he should probably be deferring to the pros.

My point was simply that if you were to take Brian and put him with one of the other NFL guys, he'd probably be listened to and not questioned.  Likewise, if you gave Doleman a different pro (perhaps Oren or Sasquatch) then you're likely to see them let him call the shots without as much pushback.

But I agree with you ... if I had to pick who was more 'right' at this point between those two, I'd definitely choose Brian.

How is it that Team Doleman and Team Rypien are the only teams without a strike?

cubdog

Because there have only been 4 strikes handed out and the other 4 teams each snagged one.  ;)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I don't disagree with that.  He thinks he's a leader, and on the football field he probably was, but on the golf course, he should probably be deferring to the pros. My point was simply that if you were to take Brian and put him with one of the other NFL guys, he'd probably be listened to and not questioned.  Likewise, if you gave Doleman a different pro (perhaps Oren or Sasquatch) then you're likely to see them let him call the shots without as much pushback. But I agree with you ... if I had to pick who was more 'right' at this point between those two, I'd definitely choose Brian. Because there have only been 4 strikes handed out and the other 4 teams each snagged one.  ;)

Very true. In actually surprised Brian hasn't swung a club at Doleman yet... It could be inevitable.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Doleman and Cooper are used to being the top dog and neither is going to give in.  Cooper needs this more than Doleman so he's going to have to back down because getting in Doleman's face will just get them kicked off the show.  Doleman was wrong for talking about Brian with Brian sitting right next to him.

I think Doleman is taking the "captain" role too serious, this is golf, not football so he should include Brian more in the decision rather than barking orders.

Joe Paradiso

I can't believe some of the poor shots they made on tonight's show..more than one of them need some work on their short game.

I watched this for the first time last night. The whole football-style intensity wouldn't seem to make for good golf, but it's a chuckle. Of course, I always have doubts about how real these reality shows really are.

The best comment in this weeks show IMHO came from Oren IMHO, "Next Competition I'm showing up in a really tight and bright outfit to play golf and its gonna be real tight cause obviously it works"  some outfit that Z wears they are so tight you cant miss the balls she has in her back pocket!!!!

How is it that Team Doleman and Team Rypien are the only teams without a strike?

cubdog

If you asked me to predict which 2 teams would be the first to be eliminated when the series started, I would have picked the above.....LOL

Rypiens' team has Meghan so I thought that team was doomed.  Rypien hasn't played particularly well, and he's a really good player.  I know he's got more game than he's showing.... I guess it doesn't matter because the "Saucer Man" is kicking butt and keeps winning immunity for the team.  Sooner or later, Ryp and the boob girl will need to step up their games or this team will be eliminated.  Saucer man cant carry the load the entire way.

I thought Dolemans' team was the 2nd worst, but Hot-Head Brian has been CLUTCH!  Doleman even found a nut or two on the course...LOL  That little blonde girl has skills.....if anything, she has been a big disappointment.

Whatta' crazy game... who'da thunk?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

"Rypiens' team has Meghan so I thought that team was doomed."

Agreed.  I think they have been helped greatly by the types of challenges thus far.  They can kind of hide her lack of skills somewhat as there's been an "easy" shot to give to her.  Earlier show they played a par 5 and each had to make a shot.  So, she gets the relatively easy second shot - just has to hit a 6 iron into the fairway.  Many of the challenges have been shots from 3 locations and one is usually an easy one - a pitch from off the green, or something.  She's not so bad that she can't get up and down (in 3) like the rest of them.

James seems like a really good guy - I hope Meghan has given him lots of "thanks" for carrying her.

If Ryp gets hot, this group could surprise and continue to roll.

Stef could only carry that team for so long.  Oren was hit and miss and Del Greco was miss almost every day.  Too bad, she's probably one of the top 2, or 3 ladies.

After watching the up and down debacle where they all had trouble getting up and down, they should have instead showed 20 minutes of the three other teams at the water park.  Then maybe flashed the elimination results at the end of the show.

( by "three other teams" I mean Mallory, Zakiya and Meghan)

- The hatrid on the Doleman team seems real.  Although Brian and Shannon have formed a nice bond.

- Still can't believe Rice is a 1-handicapper with that swing.

- Emily is the cutest thing ever.

Team Del Greco just didn't have it this season.  It's like they all kind of hit a low point at once.  Stef tried to carry them, but the burden was too much.  Nobody was going to lose last night besides them.

Double points from behind the tree was kinda dumb when Lep did it - and really dumb when Doleman did it.  What were they thinking?

Z is still looking ridiculous and playing awesome.

Would it kill Tafoya to buy a golf shirt and maybe learn some golf words?  She looked like she was going to a dinner party in Sedona.

Bulger is a really toned down guy.  I'm having trouble picturing him being the leader of a football team.  Maybe golf has humbled him.  It can get the best of us.

Team Del Greco just didn't have it this season.  It's like they all kind of hit a low point at once.  Stef tried to carry them, but the burden was too much.  Nobody was going to lose last night besides them.

Double points from behind the tree was kinda dumb when Lep did it - and really dumb when Doleman did it.  What were they thinking?

Z is still looking ridiculous and playing awesome.

Would it kill Tafoya to buy a golf shirt and maybe learn some golf words?  She looked like she was going to a dinner party in Sedona.

Bulger is a really toned down guy.  I'm having trouble picturing him being the leader of a football team.  Maybe golf has humbled him.  It can get the best of us.

Oren was a mess this season, he really didn't belong on the show.  He claims to play golf for money now, but unless he's sandbagging on the show, he can't be winning much with that Barkley like swing.  Del Greco faded, he looked much better day one than he did last night.

Doleman and Brian are idiots, they need to sit down and work things out.  Doleman has a hero complex and thinks he needs to put all the pressure on himself to be the hero of the team.  Fish is much better than he is and his comments about her were unwarranted.  Doleman taking double from that location was a poor choice for two reasons, it wasn't an easy shot given you had to hit below the tree and he's just not that good a golfer to make his shots count double.

I don't think Z looks ridiculous, she's a beautiful girl that is trying to make a name for herself in golf fashion.  I've seen ladies in the LPGA look much worse.  She's also one of the best golfers on the show this season.

I agree about Tafoya, she's not that great in the NFL and she's really bad announcing golf.  I wonder how many of her comments are voice over while watching the tape because the audio changes and her voice sounds different throughout the show.

I like Bulger too, he knows he's not the best golfer there and isn't trying to pretend he is.  Doleman could learn something from him.

Joe Paradiso

I don't keep up with BB, I thought Oren was one of the NFL guys the first time I tuned in. He was on MD today and he admitted his swing was pretty bad in its current state. Surprised I watched last night. Watching the NFL guys isn't all that different from watching the group ahead any day on the course. There are some definite vanity caps on the show.

Dave :-)

Honestly, I gotta tip my hat to the ladies on this show, they have (overall) shown themselves to be far and away more classy and, more often then not, clutch compared to their teamates. Oh, and I'd give ANYTHING to see Emily in one of Z's outfits!!!

I don't keep up with BB, I thought Oren was one of the NFL guys the first time I tuned in. He was on MD today and he admitted his swing was pretty bad in its current state. Surprised I watched last night. Watching the NFL guys isn't all that different from watching the group ahead any day on the course. There are some definite vanity caps on the show.

Heck, I think that about most of the regular players on The Big Break. I like The Big Break concept but would like it much better if the players were chosen strictly for talent instead of the usual "reality TV" criteria for entertainment value.

Sure there have been some talented players on the show but there have also been plenty that wouldn't be out of place in our local Saturday game...And probably wouldn't win.

Heck, I think that about most of the regular players on The Big Break. I like The Big Break concept but would like it much better if the players were chosen strictly for talent instead of the usual "reality TV" criteria for entertainment value.

Sure there have been some talented players on the show but there have also been plenty that wouldn't be out of place in our local Saturday game...And probably wouldn't win.

I don't doubt it. The BB guys probably look better than they are compared to the NFL guys. I kept hearing the word pressure last night and I really wasn't seeing it. That little pitch around the tree in the one challenge seemed ordinary. They were sweating it like they had to flop it over a bunker from a sidehill lie to a green playing severely down slope to water and hole it.

Dave :-)

I don't think Z looks ridiculous, she's a beautiful girl that is trying to make a name for herself in golf fashion.  I've seen ladies in the LPGA look much worse.  She's also one of the best golfers on the show this season.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Z.  I couldn't agree more that she is a beautiful girl trying to make a name in golf fashion.  I'm just not sure she is a great designer of clothing.  I've never seen those outfits on the course or anywhere else. I think she looks better in regular clothes.  Of course this kind of thing is subjective and maybe many think those are good outfits.  But I think they are WAY over the top.  Actually kind of awkward.  But she is a cute girl with a good personality and has a good game of golf.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Z.  I couldn't agree more that she is a beautiful girl trying to make a name in golf fashion.  I'm just not sure she is a great designer of clothing.  I've never seen those outfits on the course or anywhere else. I think she looks better in regular clothes.  Of course this kind of thing is subjective and maybe many think those are good outfits.  But I think they are WAY over the top.  Actually kind of awkward.  But she is a cute girl with a good personality and has a good game of golf.

I'll agree that she doesn't wear traditional golf attire and I wouldn't want to see many of the LPGA tour members in her clothes but she pulls them off quite nicely.  I think she's going for a LoudMouth for athletic girls.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!