IGNORED

Big Break NFL

ejere1
Note: This thread is 3602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Apparently for the 20th season and 10th year anniversary of the Big Break on the Golf Channel there will be a Big Break NFL. From what I read, the show will feature several former NFL players paired with one male and female golfer. If a team wins, the former player will get $50,000 to a charity of his choice while the other two players will get exemptions to a PGA/LPGA tour event.

Note: This isn't the "Big Break All Star Challenge" which featured celebrities competing against each other for charity in one-off shows, this is apparently the real deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what we know: this is a reunion show with 6 3-person teams. Each team is comprised of a male pro golfer, a female pro golfer, and a past NFL star. the teams will win or lose as a whole, i.e, there will be no individual winner. In the end, the winning team will earn cash and prizes, including a PGA and LPGA exemption as well as $50,000 for the NFL player's charity.

NFL players:Tim Brown, Mark Bugler, Al Del Greco,Chris Doleman, Jerry Rice, Mark Rypien

So far the confirmed returing big breakers are Stephanie Kenoyer (Big Break Mexico), Will Lowery (Big Break Indian Wells), and Shannon Fish (Big Break Atlantis).

I'll be interested to see what happens.

Okay the teams are out:

Chris Doleman, Shannon Fish (Big Break Atlantis), Brian Cooper (Big Break Greenbrier)

Tim Brown, Mallory Blackwelder (Big Break Ireland, and Will Lowery (Big Break Indian Wells)

Mark Bulger,, Zakiya Randall (Big Break Atlantis), and Chad Schultze (Big Break Mexico)

Jerry Rice, Emily Talley (Big Break Mexico), and Isaac Sanchez (Big Break Greenbrier)

Mark Rypien, Meghan Hardin (Big Break Atlantis), and James Lepp (Big Break Greenbrier)

Al Del Greco, Stephaine Kenoyer (Big Break Mexico), and Oren Geri (Big Break Indian Wells)

I think the three men from Big Break Greenbrier will probably be the best golfers. I don't know why they invited the first three eliminated contestants on Atlantis back: golf wise, Big Break Atlantis was one of the worst big breaks ever, and inviting the three worst golfers from that Big Break back was not a good idea.

Silliness. No interest in that one at all.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No way! It's got Sasquatch! And James Lepp pitching by the rules will be must see TV!! ;). (I kind of expected to see Trent Dilfer there too. Really good golfer and we share an alma mater. Too bad) Do we know the location yet?

It will be held at the East Course of the Dorado Beach Resort in dorado, Puerto Rico. It was originally designed by Robert Trent Jones more than 50 years ago and was redesigned by Robert Trent Jones recently.

If you ask me, it seems similar to the course used in Big Break Mexico.

I'm pumped go mark bulger. Represent St. Louis.

"Don't always believe quotes you read on the internet, they might be fake." Abraham Lincoln :tmade: RBZ 8.5 Driver _ :touredge: 52* 56* 60* wedges _ :nike: MOJO Ball :tmade: RBZ Stage 2: #3 hybrid _ :adams: #5 & #6 hybrid :tmade: RBZ Irons _ :odyssey: White hot #3 blade putter :nike: Lunar Control Shoe _ :golflogix: For iPhone

Good ol Canadian James Lepp! Show sounds fun I'll be tuning in.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by bobbob

Okay the teams are out:

Chris Doleman, Shannon Fish (Big Break Atlantis), Brian Cooper (Big Break Greenbrier)

Tim Brown, Mallory Blackwelder (Big Break Ireland, and Will Lowery (Big Break Indian Wells)

Mark Bulger,, Zakiya Randall (Big Break Atlantis), and Chad Schultze (Big Break Mexico)

Jerry Rice, Emily Talley (Big Break Mexico), and Isaac Sanchez (Big Break Greenbrier)

Mark Rypien, Meghan Hardin (Big Break Atlantis), and James Lepp (Big Break Greenbrier)

Al Del Greco, Stephaine Kenoyer (Big Break Mexico), and Oren Geri (Big Break Indian Wells)

I think the three men from Big Break Greenbrier will probably be the best golfers. I don't know why they invited the first three eliminated contestants on Atlantis back: golf wise, Big Break Atlantis was one of the worst big breaks ever, and inviting the three worst golfers from that Big Break back was not a good idea.

How do you know all of the players already???

Anyways, looks like they're having the "reunion" episode 1 season early in this generation of the Big Break (Gen 3). FYI Big Break 1 to 7 was the first generation while BB mesquite to Dominican Republic was the 2nd generation and it seems about right. I would think that the reunion episode would be BB21 but I guess since this is the 10th anniversary the GC decided to change things up.

The only seasons I watched all the way through (Gen 3) were Big Break Indian Wells and Big Break Mexico. I watched some of BB Greenbrier, a few of the earlier episodes of BB Atlantis and I think only one or two of BB Ireland.

The only BB season of all time that I have never watched was BB PEI. I guess one main reason for not watching that one was there was no exemption to win (only $100,000). As a BB golf fan, I think the uniqueness of the show was that a participant could win an exemption into a tour event. Any general TV show could have a competition to win money. I guess there not using that particular format anymore.

I'm glad Isaac is on this one as well as Oren. Also Chad is cool but can be a bit of a jerk. He is not as intense as Don, nor as crazy as Brian nor not as weird as Chan, though.

Chan was the worst and really crazy and weird, worse than either Don or Brian, unusual for an Asian to act like that.

It will be interesting to see Chad on this one though. Also looks like each team from BB Mexico is represented here.

I like Will but I wish that Shank, Carl and/or the Marine from Indian Wells was here.

And I didn't really see BB Atlantis, I did see some major missed shots on that show. But the worst golfers were on BBX Michigan...BY FAR. Those guys were hackers a lot of times.

Would have been happier if they didn't include the NFL players, but I'll watch it anyway.  Rypien is a good golfer, not sure about the rest.  Would have preferred the former BB'er paired with Haney Project alumni.

Al Del Greco was a kicker, really doesn't count as a football player.

Joe Paradiso

I agree.  I don't think this show needs to have NFL players featured.  It's nice that they will be donating money to charity, but it's not necessary.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

I agree.  I don't think this show needs to have NFL players featured.  It's nice that they will be donating money to charity, but it's not necessary.

Yeah, but if I wanted to watch mediocre golf on tv, I could watch the LPGA Tour.... :-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Could care less who's on it.. It makes or good tv.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I like watching football players play football but I couldn't care less about watching them try to play golf.

Since some people will watch just because the football players are on the show, and those of us that think it's absurd will watch anyway, it will probably get good ratings.

Ouch, that's low...but somewhat true! I actually prefer watching the web.com tour over the LPGA. I will say this though, the LPGA is a lot more exciting to watch then a couple of NFL players hacking away on the golf course.

Note: This thread is 3602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!