IGNORED

New Mizuno MP4 Muscle Backs... My first impression----> WOW!

Note: This thread is 3484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might finally be replacing my MP-32s after seeing these...

Was thinking the same exact thing.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

I didn't get to compare them side by side with the MP69, but these do appear smaller.  A delight to hit up to the 5 iron.  I wasn't striking them too well when I picked up the 4 iron to demo though.

Acer XF Ti 10.5 / GDI G60
Mizuno JPX 825 Hybrids 16* and 19* / Steel Fiber HLS75
Mizuno MP H4 (4-PW) / Steel Fiber i95 cw
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58
Odyssey ProType Tour #7

Negative boner points for using the term "gaming"...

"gaming", "rocking", and "sporting"  all are grounds for taking away your lunch money at recess

(Love the Mizuno's, they look so clean while everyone else has such "busy" looking clubs with slots and inserts and colors and ad nauseum - I don't hit clean enough (yet, and likely ever) for this kind of club, I think.  Would be fun to demo it.)

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also, "golfing."

Arrrggghhh!

Although I would "golf" the hell out of those MP-4s.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Nice looking clubs.  I like the number 4 better than either numbers 6 or 8 (in my MP68s), so maybe I should get these.

Yes, that is one of the ways I pick my clubs.  50% by the name, and 50% by the look.  If they made MP24s I would own 2 sets.  Or maybe I will just buy 2 sets of the MP4s?  Yes, that's the ticket!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

The new MP4s kind of reminds of me the MP14s whcih were beautifully crafted musclebacks. The MP68s are sweet too. I still own my first set of Mizuno irons when I started playing golf 30 years ago, they are the Mizuno Pro MS801s; pure musclebacks. Great way to learn golf by using musclebacks then we will learn to hit it right and better.

I still play the MP-14's and will upgrade this year.  I love the look of the 69's but the MP 4's look pretty sweet too.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

There are very few scenarios where the word boner isn't funny...

What if you're gaming a boner?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Based on the commercials, if your round of golf takes longer than 4 hours, I think you're supposed to seek medical advice!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

You got me there! [quote name="David in FL" url="/t/68514/new-mizuno-mp4-muscle-backs-my-first-impression-wow/36#post_900110"] Based on the commercials, if your round of golf takes longer than 4 hours, I think you're supposed to seek medical advice![/quote] Lol!

Colin P.

Based on the commercials, if your round of golf takes longer than 4 hours, I think you're supposed to seek medical advice!

Those commercials have it all wrong. If I experience an erection for more than 4 hours it's my wife that'll be needin' the medical attention.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

So, are these MP-4's considered game improvement irons or are they for the low handicappers only?? Joezilla

Yeah, total shovels. :-P Just kidding. These irons are about as far from GI as you can get.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

So, are these MP-4's considered game improvement irons or are they for the low handicappers only??

Joezilla

Their website lists them at 0-4 handicap, I believe.

For reference, the MP69s are +4 through 8 and the JPX irons are typically for 10-35 handicaps.
I don't care though.  I'll game anything that looks good enough, because I'm a vanity golfer.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I'll game anything that looks good enough

you didnt need to add this...

because I'm a vanity golfer.

:-P

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!