IGNORED

New Mizuno MP4 Muscle Backs... My first impression----> WOW!

Note: This thread is 2551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to compare them side by side with the MP69, but these do appear smaller.  A delight to hit up to the 5 iron.  I wasn't striking them too well when I picked up the 4 iron to demo though.

Negative boner points for using the term "gaming"...

"gaming", "rocking", and "sporting"  all are grounds for taking away your lunch money at recess

(Love the Mizuno's, they look so clean while everyone else has such "busy" looking clubs with slots and inserts and colors and ad nauseum - I don't hit clean enough (yet, and likely ever) for this kind of club, I think.  Would be fun to demo it.)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice looking clubs.  I like the number 4 better than either numbers 6 or 8 (in my MP68s), so maybe I should get these.

Yes, that is one of the ways I pick my clubs.  50% by the name, and 50% by the look.  If they made MP24s I would own 2 sets.  Or maybe I will just buy 2 sets of the MP4s?  Yes, that's the ticket!

The new MP4s kind of reminds of me the MP14s whcih were beautifully crafted musclebacks. The MP68s are sweet too. I still own my first set of Mizuno irons when I started playing golf 30 years ago, they are the Mizuno Pro MS801s; pure musclebacks. Great way to learn golf by using musclebacks then we will learn to hit it right and better.

What if you're gaming a boner?

You got me there! [quote name="David in FL" url="/t/68514/new-mizuno-mp4-muscle-backs-my-first-impression-wow/36#post_900110"] Based on the commercials, if your round of golf takes longer than 4 hours, I think you're supposed to seek medical advice![/quote] Lol!

Based on the commercials, if your round of golf takes longer than 4 hours, I think you're supposed to seek medical advice!

Those commercials have it all wrong. If I experience an erection for more than 4 hours it's my wife that'll be needin' the medical attention.

So, are these MP-4's considered game improvement irons or are they for the low handicappers only?? Joezilla

Yeah, total shovels. :-P Just kidding. These irons are about as far from GI as you can get.

So, are these MP-4's considered game improvement irons or are they for the low handicappers only??

Joezilla

Their website lists them at 0-4 handicap, I believe.

For reference, the MP69s are +4 through 8 and the JPX irons are typically for 10-35 handicaps.
I don't care though.  I'll game anything that looks good enough, because I'm a vanity golfer.

Note: This thread is 2551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!