IGNORED

Hockey Fans

KingCobra
Note: This thread is 1821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm from Michigan, hence Detroit Red Wings fan. Plus it helps that we had Yzerman, the man was just awesome.

What's In My Slingshot OSS Bag.

Driver: Sasquatch 460
Fairway: Sasquatch 3-wood
Irons: Idea A2 OS 3-PWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Sand WedgePutter: Melbourne II

Is anyone on here a Hockey Card Collector? Interested in any purchases or trades?

I have a Lindross rookie card. It was one of the ones they did before he ever played a game in the NHL. I think it was Upper Deck, but I can't recall. I'm not even sure if I know where it is.

I also have the Fleer Michael Jordan rookie card. It is in a lucite case in my fireproof safe. I am going to give it to my son some day. His name is Jordan Michael. The book price fluctuates between $1000-2000. I have not checked recently. His stint with the Wizards hurt the value. I got the card when I was in high school. We were at a road basketball game and while we were waiting for the JV game to finish, my teamate and I walked arround the colletors show in the lobby. We split the price of an unopened box of 1986-87 Fleer Basketball cards. It was $16.00 total. We went through it the next day and spilt everything up. We ended up with a full set each and doubles of most players. The cool thing about that set is that there were no mass produced cards in 84-85 or 85-86. The only NBA cards made that are acknowledged for those two years are by Star. They were only available at the All Star game and in limited quantities at NBA games. They are so rare that the cards go for big money. There were a ton of Hall of Fame players that had their rookie years between 84-85 and 86-87. Since this is the first set that was produced and liscenced by the NBA, they are considered rookie cards. They also didn't make nearly as many of each card then as the NBA was just starting to regain it's popularity. It had Jordan, Barkley, Drexler, Olajawon, Ewing, Dumars, Stockton and Malone. The set goes for about $3000 in mint condition. I still have them all.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Sweet......I sold my Sidney Crosby Rookie on eBay two months ago for $150.00, I bought my golf clubs with that money...hehehe.....I paid like 3 cents for that card.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Sweet......I sold my Sidney Crosby Rookie on eBay two months ago for $150.00, I bought my golf clubs with that money...hehehe.....I paid like 3 cents for that card.

I hope you don't regret that one day. It will continue to climb in value. The only problem with the current cards is they make so many of them it's harder to get the rarity that creates true value.

I sold the doubles of many of my Fleer set in college for $500. I was going to Chicago for the weekend and needed some extra cash. I still held on to the full set and a couple of the big names that I had tripples of.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I hope you don't regret that one day. It will continue to climb in value. The only problem with the current cards is they make so many of them it's harder to get the rarity that creates true value.

I don't know it's really hard to say which cards will increase in value or not. I have a five or six of gretzky's that used to be worth in the $25, $50 and $100 range and now they are worth about $5 to $7 each. Some card hold their value really well, and others don't.

Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

I don't know it's really hard to say which cards will increase in value or not. I have a five or six of gretzky's that used to be worth in the $25, $50 and $100 range and now they are worth about $5 to $7 each. Some card hold their value really well, and others don't.

It is hard to gauge what will increase in value and what won't. I have thousands of NBA cards from 86-93. I have also bought some crazy Jordan stuff and paid too much for it. There was an Upper Deck card of Jordan in 1990 taking BP with the White Sox. It was a limited insert and it sold for about $40-50 bucks at the time. I got one mint for $30 and it went up in value for quite a while. Then he retired and tried to play Baseball and did not do well. The value dropped because it wasn't unique anymore and he kind of sucked at baseball. The "what if" was gone. I did make out well with Scottie Pippin's rookie card. I had 5 of them. I got them in packs that I bought new. When Jordan retired and Pippin had a great year in 93-94, should have been MVP, it reached over $100 per card. I sold 4 of them for $375. Then he pulled the stunt in the playoffs where he would not go back in the game and the value dropped down into the $30 range again. Buy low, sell high works in cards too.

Avalanche fan here, played AA hockey up untill this year, when I really started to get good at golf, and I relized that I have a shot to go to college and play golf.

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

• 2 weeks later...

New York Ranger fan here!

I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming season.

Lots of Penguins fans on these boards, which is great, they can use the fanbase.

The Pens are the only team i'm worried about in the east, because as someone else pointed out, they definitely have the capability to build a dynasty over these next few years.

Die Hard Caniac right here

GO CANES!

Driver: G2
3 Wood: Launcher
Irons: FoundersWedges: Putter: Tru TechBall: The Longest NoodleBag: Grom If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up. ~Tommy...

• 4 weeks later...
i am back to hockey!! the blues are back with a playoff team!

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Huge Islander fan here. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some NHL/AHL players on here, given the fact that virtually everyone who plays pro hockey also plays golf. It's amazing how similar, yet how different hockey and golf are.

being from Montreal I, of course, am an Hockey Fan...and I guess you can pretty easily guess which team...here's a tip anyway we won 24 Stanley cups

in my exterme sport bag :
Driver : SQ 460 9.5* Aldila NV65R
3 Wood: Ignite 15* graphite R shaft
2 Hybrid : 3DX DC 17*
3h-PW: Ignite with uniflex stock shaftWedges: Vokey 256.14 260.08Putters: Studio Style Newport 2 35", Red X-3 35" 350g, Solestamp Newport TeI3Balls: NXT Tour Shoes SP-8

• 6 years later...
Canucks fan here. It's funny to see some of these old posts about how "Winnipeg might get a team again" and "if they'd just put the Wings in the East where they belong". Both end up happening! Too funny

:oakley: Oakley Fairway Golf Carry Bag 

:gigagolf: GXz Driver 10.5

:gigagolf: GXz 3 Wood 15

:gigagolf: GXz 3 Hybrid 20

Pinemeadow Command Q Irons 

:gigagolf: SGS Wedges 52, 56, 60

:odyssey:White Ice # 9 Putter

NYR fan here. Go Rangers!

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• 2 weeks later...
Die Hard Caniac right here GO CANES!

Right back at ya! check out my user name. The 6 is for the Cup year and Brett Hedican. Also, being from Boston, I am a Bruins fan. When they play each other, I want both teams to get a point, and then battle in OT for the extra point

I'm an hockey fan for sure, I'm from Canada... But no longer have a favorite team since the Nordiques went south of the border.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!