IGNORED

looking for a new putter

Note: This thread is 3895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello, I'm new to the site, but the game!, I purchased a Wilson Kirk Currie III, about 6_7 yrs. Ago, great putter, lots of adjustment to it...I am looking for input of a new putter..what do you suggest? I am a 38 yr old,male, with a 9 hand I cap, and have just recently got back into the game from some time off from it. Going to sell the Wilson for $50, with all the weights and tool

What are your weaknesses that the new putter must offset, so to speak?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not really any weaknesses... per say, just looking for insight on different one, or where to start...in the end the putter chooses you really.. nothing against the Cameron's, but had the studio's and the red x, and never really seen enough benifit to justify the extra $$, awesome clubs, and impectable craftsmanship and attention to detail---but just not my choose- what else do you need to know about my game etc...let me know and I will answer it.

Lots of boutique makers out there but no one fits custom like Edel. As you said, the putter chooses you, and nowhere else is that more apt than edel

see www.edelgolf.com

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I've tried the TaylorMade spider blade counterbalance the other day. Men it felt good, gave me a good feel on long and short putts. Just lovely balance in the stroke. Have a loo at that one, think the price is $199.

If you get a putter that feels good to you and fits your stroke, nothing else really matters. As far as off the rack putters go, putter X is no better than putter Y. Getting a fitted putter may well be worth the money. But if you have trepidation about shelling out for a Scotty, I doubt you'll be after a fitted putter.

Just spend a lot of time at golf shops putting with as many putters as you can to see what you like. There are literally hundreds of putter/grip/weight options.

Tyler Martin

totally understand...there is thousands, ..I have no problem shelling out the cash!...If i feel its an improvement!!!, Like i said in the first thread...I didnt have that with Scotty's...some do and thats what they use!

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Lots of boutique makers out there but no one fits custom like Edel. As you said, the putter chooses you, and nowhere else is that more apt than edel

see www.edelgolf.com

This... the process that they go through to get you the right putter is second to none. Well worth checking out and finding a fitter near you.

Here is a thread I started about my Edel fitting:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/65459/my-edel-fitting

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

This... the process that they go through to get you the right putter is second to none. Well worth checking out and finding a fitter near you. Here is a thread I started about my Edel fitting: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/65459/my-edel-fitting]http://thesandtrap.com/t/65459/my-edel-fitting[/URL]

Wow, that fitting process sounds great! You know, this forum sometimes costs me a bit of money... I am now ultra-tempted to schedule a fitting for myself now...

I've been thinking of trying out a putter with a thick grip on it and I was talking to one of buddies that I play with and he told me that someone gave him a putter that they had come across somewhere and it had a big grip. I asked him to bring it next time we played so he brought it out on Friday and low and behold it was a freaking Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1. My buddy is an ultra causal player so he had no idea what it was. I told him that he had a $300 that had been sitting in his closet for who knows how long. He is letting me borrow it and I played three rounds this weekend with it and I can honestly say that I have never had a single piece of equipment immediately improve my game to such a degree. I played this morning and I only had two three puts the entire round. Needless to say I highly recommend it and if my buddy doesn't let me buy it from him then I will be buying a new one.

I've had an Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie for maybe 5-6 years now.  Love it.  I've tried out several high end putters over the years (typically just trying out a buddy's on the practice green type of thing out of curiosity), but the Odyssey Rossie style just seems to fit me perfectly.  I did however also really like the Odyssey Black Series #9.

There are a lot of guys on here that has done the Edel fitting and swear by it, I am on my last putter if this one does not fit what I am looking for I will be going to Edel to see what they have to offer. Dont just by a putter for the name, I am sure there are many that bought a Scotty just because they could.

Go and try them all, have a fitter tell you the type of stroke you have and narrow it down, it is a totally personal piece of equipment.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by Pappy091

I asked him to bring it next time we played so he brought it out on Friday and low and behold it was a freaking Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1. My buddy is an ultra causal player so he had no idea what it was.

It absolutely drives me NUTS the way people  behave when talking about  a mass produced, very common putter like this as if it is something special and rare.

He had "no idea what it was".   It was a putter, that's what it was.

It seems that any newbie golfer who reads golf forums gets the idea that there is something innately amazing about these putters.

You may like them, you may not.

They are like any other quality golf club.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

It absolutely drives me NUTS the way people  behave when talking about  a mass produced, very common putter like this as if it is something special and rare. He had "no idea what it was".   It was a putter, that's what it was. It seems that any newbie golfer who reads golf forums gets the idea that there is something innately amazing about these putters. You may like them, you may not. They are like any other quality golf club.

He had a $300 putter and he had no idea of its worth or quality. I think that's worth mentioning. Thanks for the comment.

Note: This thread is 3895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!