IGNORED

Witnessed my first hole in one tonight...

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 3753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Me and a buddy went to the course tonight to whack a few. Got paired up with a twosome, cool dudes...just casual golfers out having a couple beers and having a good time.

We get to the third hole, a 150 yard par 3, and the guy hits an 8 iron that provides this result:

It was quite awesome to witness in person. We were thrilled for the dude until he told us it was his second...then I wanted to tell him to F*&^ off lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You're joking, right?  Or was it really his 2nd shot?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

No, it was his second hole in one.

No joke. We couldn't see it go in, but it was RIGHT at the pin and when we got up to the green, we saw that ball mark and his ball was nowhere to be found...sure enough, bottom of the cup.

Ryan M

I hope he bought the drinks afterwards!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Its funny that you say that because my HR manager was golfing in Orlando a couple of weekends ago and on a par three over water hit his first shot int he drink, so he grabs another ball calls for his mulligan and hits another. He just saw it on the green and bent down to pick ip his tee but my boss actually saw it go in, so he told him and he said there was no way but sure enough when they got up there it was in. Im a little pissed because I was out of town otherwise I would seen this in person. I myself have yet to see one...close...but not in... My HR said that he couldn't put a one on the card... he said that it wouldn't have felt right. I told him "hell if you called mulligan and it went in the cup", I don't think that I would have had Disney put my my name on the hole in one board but still. What do uguys think?

Originally Posted by mp33 man

Its funny that you say that because my HR manager was golfing in Orlando a couple of weekends ago and on a par three over water hit his first shot int he drink, so he grabs another ball calls for his mulligan and hits another. He just saw it on the green and bent down to pick ip his tee but my boss actually saw it go in, so he told him and he said there was no way but sure enough when they got up there it was in. Im a little pissed because I was out of town otherwise I would seen this in person.

I myself have yet to see one...close...but not in...

My HR said that he couldn't put a one on the card... he said that it wouldn't have felt right. I told him "hell if you called mulligan and it went in the cup", I don't think that I would have had Disney put my my name on the hole in one board but still.

What do uguys think?

You're kidding, right?

Nice par.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

You're kidding, right?

Nice par.

This.

I'd be happy as can be about that par, but there's no such thing as a mulligan in real golf. In charity scrambles? Sure.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by David in FL

I hope he bought the drinks afterwards!

Haha...nobody knows the rules. My buddy said "Man, I'm gonna buy you a beer!" I said "No way man, that's not how it works...he buys US the beers!!!"

Ryan M

I've witnessed 3 of them (and have never had one myself) and two of those were by the same person. Funny thing is that he doesn't play in our group very often. Another funny thing is that he's not a very good ball striker and only plays golf occasionally to spend some time with his wife (who is the best female golfer around here). He has 6 holes in one in all (or did the last time I saw him).

My boss at the course IS a good ball striker (best I've ever seen by a mile). One day when the subject of hole in ones came up in the clubhouse somebody asked his wife how many he had. She said "27, no it may have been 29, oh I don't remember".

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

We couldn't see it go in, but it was RIGHT at the pin and when we got up to the green, we saw that ball mark and his ball was nowhere to be found...sure enough, bottom of the cup.

nice -- similar experience golfing with my dad when i was in my teens.  executive course, 240+ par 4, he nutted his drive.  got up to the green, nowhere to be found, there was a bunch of deep bushes behind the green that we figured he hit in.  he looked for a minute but the brush was so heavy, he decided to drop... i went to tend the flag for his chip, looked in the hole, and there it was.  he couldn't believe it, thought i dropped in a ball and was messing with him -- but he pulled it out, sure enough, it was his.

-- In the Bag --

Cobra S3 White Driver (10.5*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S 3-Hybrid (18*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S Irons (4i-GW)

SCOR 4161 Forged Wedge (55*)

Cleveland VP1 Putter

+1

I've seen a couple hole-in-ones and several that were within a foot. The first one I witnessed was during high school golf tryouts, if I remember correctly the kid that got the Ace didn't even make the team. The second Ace I witnessed was last summer. We caught up to a group of guys on the tee box and when the guy holed out his buddies started getting out their wallets. Apparently they play where there's $100 on the line for anyone who gets a hole-in-one. I couldn't believe they all paid up, and on the spot...If that were me I would never carry around a C-note, more like an IOU if someone actually holed out.

I have a buddy who insists that when and if he makes an ace, he is going to park the cart in the bunker and order beer until the sun goes down.

Originally Posted by mp33 man

I told him "hell if you called mulligan and it went in the cup", I don't think that I would have had Disney put my my name on the hole in one board but still.

What do uguys think?

I hate it when I forget to call "no-thinsies" before chipping from a tight lie.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I witnessed my first hole in one last night!!  My buddy and I got to the course late in the day hoping to muscle out 18 before it got dark.  We started on the back 9 and when we got to the green on 10 we noticed another twosome hanging around on the tee box at 11.  Lo and behold, it was a former co-worker of ours and a friend of his. They asked us if we wanted to play along with them.  We said sure but were a weary because they were walking and his friend was about 5'10" and 300+lbs.  We played two holes with them but wanted to keep a good pace and since they were on their back 9 and we were playing our front 9 the group all agreed we should play through on the Par 3.  I had a nice up and down sandy par and my buddy had a 3 putt bogey.  As we are standing on the next tee box, which is behind the par 3 green, we happen to look back as big boy was teeing off.  After contact, my buddy says to me, "get in the hole!" (which didn't really trigger anything since he says that every single time a ball looks like it's going to nail the green on a par 3 haha).  I didn't see it in the air, but I saw it stick the green about a foot past the hole and roll back right into the cup!!!  My buddy and I started screaming and jumping up and down.  I ran all the way back to the tee box to give this guy a huge high five!  They said they didn't see it go in but knew it had to after hearing our reaction (which probably could have been heard 5 miles away).

It was truly an awesome, awesome experience.  I have never been so happy for someone while playing golf ever.  And it was another case of "Never judging a book by it's cover".  Seeing one live in person makes me more of a believer that it is doable.  Now if I can only hit one of my own.

I have seen a number of them but I am OLD.  On two occasions, I have witnessed 2 different people make hole-in-ones in the same round.

I will never forget the first hole-in-one I saw.  It was a 140ish yard par 3 with a lake right in front of the green.  The guy in group ahead of us did a 3 skipper across the lake, hits the pin, and drops in.  Ugly yes...but still a 1.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

I went with a buddy of mine who brought his cousin along with us who rarely ever golfs. On the 10th hole on our local course his cousin hit a shot that was about 110 yards that rolled up on the left side of the green and dropped in the hole. My buddy and I couldn't believe it being that it was the only shot I can recall that he hit strait most of the day. I don't think he realized how hard it was to get one as we freaked out more than he did.

Saw one, the kid landed the ball just passed the hole and it backed up into the cup.... Everyone but me hit that green and he aced it.... I hated everyone that day rofl.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 3753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!