IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note:Β This thread is 1181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

mine should drop a little soon as I get a couple of older scores out of the range of best 10 of most recent twenty. But then on, it will be a very slow decent and harder to maintain as I cross the breaking 80 threshold. Best score this year so far is 81.Β 

• Like 1

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,Β  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge:Β ExoticsΒ EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge:Β Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Β shaft, /Β Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge:Β Exotics EXi 6 -PWΒ  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:Β  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

We're going to enjoy all those strokes you have to give us at the Newport Cup!

I'd have to give him a few. I dropped to +1.4. I need to sandbag a bit, get itΒ back to a 0 for the Cup. ;)

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach;Β Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI
Β 
TeamΒ :srixon:!

My handicap is up to a 3.6

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

I'm sure its somewhere in this thread, but 100 pages is a lot to try to sift through. How does everyone track their handicap?Β  i dont belong to a club at this point but have been tracking all my rounds this year through GolfShot, which provides you with its handicap.Β  I have managed to go from roughly an 18 down to a 13-14 over the last month, but wasnt sure what they best way to go about tracking an actual handicap would be.

4 minutes ago, cmj3212 said:

Β How does everyone track their handicap?

I think we have a wide variety. Β I belong to a club, so mine is done through the USGA-run GHINΒ system. Β I know others do as you do, use an internet-based handicap service. Β Still others track their scores themselves. Β Some of those guys may also include solo rounds or do some other things that are outside of the USGA requirements. Β Still others use Game Golf, which I believe uses its own calculation method, not the USGA formula. Β And of course, our members from overseas may use the system in effect where they live.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I use GolfSoftware.com. I don't get to play very often with others so I just save my scorecards until I get 25 scores and then I input them. So basically I update my handicap figure only a couple of times a year.

I didn't see the point of paying the weekly fee for the USGA system through our men's club since I'm not competing in tournaments or planning a trip to St. Andrews. I will pay for it eventually just not now.

I'm sure a lot of guys are in the same boat.

Β 

I use Golf.comΒ to track mine

And I just met my first handicap goal since starting to play again.Β  I dropped below a 10!Β  I am now carrying a 7.4, it has been years, decades reallyΒ since I was below a 10.Β 

Funny thing, I don't feel like I am a 7.4, I feel like I have so much more room for improvement

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smokeΒ yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility IronΒ Srixon 3 20*
Irons:Β  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -Β Β Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy GrailΒ Ball: Snell MTBx

11 hours ago, Kalnoky said:

I use GolfSoftware.com. I don't get to play very often with others so I just save my scorecards until I get 25 scores and then I input them. So basically I update my handicap figure only a couple of times a year.

I didn't see the point of paying the weekly fee for the USGA system through our men's club since I'm not competing in tournaments or planning a trip to St. Andrews. I will pay for it eventually just not now.

I'm sure a lot of guys are in the same boat.

Β 

What weekly fee? Β You can get a valid USGA handicap for right around $30 a year...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
Just now, David in FL said:

What weekly fee? Β You can get a valid USGA handicap for right around $30 a year...

Also, let me point out that juniors (< 18, maybe <= 18) get a GHIN handicap for free.

I'm not saying you're a junior, @Kalnoky… just saying it for the benefit of others (or the children of some others).

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Also, let me point out that juniors (< 18, maybe <= 18) get a GHIN handicap for free.

I'm not saying you're a junior, @Kalnoky… just saying it for the benefit of others (or the children of some others).

Huh. Β Even I didn't know that!

:beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

20 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Our men's club collects a fee every week to enter our scores into the "official" system, which is done via an ancient computer in the clubhouse. I never looked into doing it on my own. They've always said to me, "this is how you get your GHIN". So, I just took their word for it.Β 

• Administrator
Just now, Kalnoky said:

Our men's club collects a fee every week to enter our scores into the "official" system, which is done via an ancient computer in the clubhouse. I never looked into doing it on my own. They've always said to me, "this is how you get your GHIN". So, I just took their word for it.Β 

It doesn't cost more than $25 to $30/year.

You might be getting ripped off a little. :-)

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, Kalnoky said:

Once you've been set up for a handicap within an USGA-authorized club, its actually your responsibility to enter all of your scores. Β If your local association uses GHIN, you can use the on-site computer, or you can get the GHIN app for your phone, or you can enter them on a computer through www.ghin.com. Β While your men's league may have stricter rules, your local club cannot require you to turn in scorecards in most circumstances, you enter your own scores. Β As others have said, usually the enrollment in a USGA-authorized handicap system costs around $30 per year.

Dave

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 

On 8/15/2017 at 8:27 AM, DaveP043 said:

I think we have a wide variety. Β I belong to a club, so mine is done through the USGA-run GHINΒ system. Β I know others do as you do, use an internet-based handicap service. Β Still others track their scores themselves. Β Some of those guys may also include solo rounds or do some other things that are outside of the USGA requirements. Β Still others use Game Golf, which I believe uses its own calculation method, not the USGA formula. Β And of course, our members from overseas may use the system in effect where they live.

As I have previously stated, ad nauseam, Β I am one of those who track my own with a home made spreadsheet. It gives me the ability to enter solo rounds and the flexibility to create "what-if" scenarios. The method I use, conforms to GHIN system. I do not compete or enter any tournaments. It simply meets my needs. Β I no longer own a smart phone so I do not feel the need to have a commercial GHIN system or be in their database. I would consider a tablet however.Β 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,Β  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge:Β ExoticsΒ EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge:Β Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Β shaft, /Β Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge:Β Exotics EXi 6 -PWΒ  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:Β  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 9:46 AM, DaveP043 said:

More ridiculous every month. Β 1.8, lowest ever.

Phew, finally the plummet has stopped. Β I'm up just a couple of tenths to 2.1. Β With three more revisions before the Newport Cup, I wonder how highΒ I can get it. Β :-P:-P

Dave

Note:Β This thread is 1181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!