IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im still 2 rounds away from a Golf Canada HI so Im still the 36.4 there. (Have a ton of solo rounds, but only 3 played with someone)

I still use another unofficial app that tracks it for every round, and Im a 21.9 on that. My home course tees I usually play are 67.8/118 and 70.2/125.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mine is not official but calculated based on this past winters 60+ rounds on four different courses.  I've only played 3 times since we returned to MT due to weather and chores at the ranch.  I use to keep an official handicap which was 11 at its best point.  Always thirsted for a single digit index but never accomplished that goal.  Now I'm older, retired, play for fun, and really don't give a shit about my handicap as I don't compete in tournaments. 

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

• 4 weeks later...

Been dropping strokes pretty steadily. Started the season 14.4, now down to 13.0 and trending downwards.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

As of July 1, I’m at 2.2. Actually trending slightly up.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Mine is obviously a joke.  I don't maintain a handicap and can't even if I want to.  I play probably 98% of my rounds alone and would never get in enough official rounds get an HI calculated.  My Game Golf HI is currently 35.  I don't know how GG calculates it but if I don't follow the rules to the best of my knowledge/ability, I don't include the round in my stats.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

• 2 weeks later...

Down to 12.4, going to be here a bit longer while I'm inactive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Down to 12.4, going to be here a bit longer while I'm inactive.

WHy inactive?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

29 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

WHy inactive?

I cut my hand. Stitches don't come out until this weekend, not sure when I'm supposed to be able to swing a club. I've been out of work for a week already.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my first official handicap through my club, and it's come out at 14, a few strokes less than my previous forum one (app calculated) , as I've done a few good rounds lately. 

Initial focus will be keeping it where it is, as I think I've benefited a lot from the firm conditions ( I had a low, running drive off the tee) so I need a way of getting reliable carry if i'm to score well over winter. 

My handicap has dropped to its second lowest point all year...21.5

The even better news is that if i keep practicing and playing the way I am, I think I may hit the teens for the first time ever in the next few revisions!

While my HC is current and, I am fairly sure, properly calculated, I do not think too much of it as I am just getting back into golf after MANY years away from the game.  Perhaps I will worry abut this more after I get into a league this fall! I am more focused on each individual shot right now.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Up to 9.6. Too many  rounds in the mid to high eighties has destroyed my hopes to stay at a 7, and since my club championship is in two weeks, I am officially out of the "A" flight. That will teach me to take the winter off. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

6.7 but starting to get out of my funk a little bit.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

It's a bit of a fluke due to one really good round that I happened to play with real living, breathing people that posted. A couple played alone stunk out loud and probably would have mitigated it. But...

I'm under 19.0 for the first time. The 18.7 is a drop from last revision's 19.4.

I had been hovering between 9.0 and 10.0 for a while (about a year ago), then I was in the 8.x for a few months, and suddenly after a few really good rounds, the index went down to 7.2, and has been dropping further since, now 6.6, my lowest ever, and a full 3 points lower than a year ago.

I am not sure what I did differently to justify it, but I am hitting more greens, the short game is a little bit sharper and so is putting, all without any deliberate practice/drills/etc... That part (working on my game formally) I did, 1 to 2 years ago, including taking lessons. I am guessing I am just seeing the long term results now.

Edited by sjduffers

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!