IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Up 0.8 to 13.2.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just disgusting. 6/15 update was 9.8, by 7/15 it jumped to 11.7, then the 9/1 update went to a 14.0, and todays has me at 14.8. I've lost my game and the harder I try, the worse I am getting.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Mine stays between 19 and 21.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I used to have an "official" handicap, GHIN card and everything, but at some point, maybe within the last couple of years, I actually looked up the formula for calculating it. Once I saw how it was done, I said to myself, "that's it? I can do that myself", and so I do using an excel spreadsheet, saving 40 bucks in the process. To me, the only reason for having a GHIN handicap card is if you're playing someone you don't know for money and I don't play with people I don't know for money. I do play in a league for money but for that the handicaps are calculated by the golf club using a formula that differs from the official formula in that it gives more weight to the more recent league rounds on some sort of a sliding scale, so it's different than my "real" handicap. The one listed in my profile is the correct handicap and relatively current. If it goes up or down by a couple of 10ths I don't bother changing it. Maybe by the end of the current season I'll update it.

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

I am now a 0.0. I was carrying a + index for the first part of the year, but I haven't been playing all that well the last few months. All my scores are around par, I just can't seem to go low or even shoot under par at all lately. I hate to blame it on my putter, but my GIR % has stayed about the same as has my proximity to the hole. I just cannot seem to get the ball rolling on line. My birdies per round average is down, and my 3-putts have crept up ever so slightly. I made a change to the claw grip and I am seeing improvement, but I have a lot of work to do to get completely comfortable with it.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

In my most recent update I dropped from 9.6 to 9.5. 

Not too much variation in my scores lately so not surprising that the handicap stayed virtually the same. Seems like I'm pretty consistently between 78-85. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 2 weeks later...

13.0.     Will likely go up a full point in the next one as my personal best score (a fluke of a round) will come off the list.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• Administrator
On 10/1/2018 at 9:11 AM, HJJ003 said:

I am down to my lowest point since being on TST....20.8! 

Congrats!

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Down a hair to 13.0. I might just call it a season. Losing the motivation to play anymore.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I have one, but I don't ever use it. I play with guys of similar ability and we play straight up.

I guess I keep it around in case I need it for a tournament, but most tournaments I do play in are either scratch or scrambles where it doesn't matter and we build our own team.  I don't have any interest in winning the 3rd flight of the club championship.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 5:19 PM, rkim291968 said:

13.0.     Will likely go up a full point in the next one as my personal best score (a fluke of a round) will come off the list.

Stayed at 13.0 as my personal best score stayed "in" the list.   It will go off in the next reporting.    But things are looking good.  13.0 is my best ever official HI and is giving me hope that I can get down to single digit if I keep at it.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

5.0! The lowest ever.

• Like 1

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/nataliebrosiggolf/
Visit my website! https://natalie.golf ** NEW **

Driver: :ping: G400, 10.5°
5-Wood: :ping: G400, 17.5°
Hybrids: :ping: G400, 4H (22°), 5H (26°)
Irons: :ping: G400, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW, GW
Wedges: :ping: Glide 2.0, 54°, 58°
Putter: :edel: Custom 29"

27 minutes ago, NatalieB said:

5.0! The lowest ever.

Congrats!   All of the hard work is paying dividends!   Keep at it.    I'm excited to see your continued progress.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Hi All! New to the forum. This seemed like a good thread to start on. It has been great to read so many stories about your golfing experiences in various threads! My index is currently 6.2 and current and official. Up from 6.1 the prior revision. And likely going up again on the 1st unless I stop my decline. I went on a month vacation and forgot how to play when I returned. I've had 6 scores in a row in the 90s and high 80s after a summer of breaking 80 consistently. I guess that's golf 🙂 in a nutshell. Maybe I can break the curse tomorrow...

5 hours ago, NearGreenman said:

Hi All! New to the forum. This seemed like a good thread to start on. It has been great to read so many stories about your golfing experiences in various threads! My index is currently 6.2 and current and official. Up from 6.1 the prior revision. And likely going up again on the 1st unless I stop my decline. I went on a month vacation and forgot how to play when I returned. I've had 6 scores in a row in the 90s and high 80s after a summer of breaking 80 consistently. I guess that's golf 🙂 in a nutshell. Maybe I can break the curse tomorrow...

Welcome to TST! Sounds like your a pretty good golfer going through a bit of a rough patch. Consider posting a “My swing” thread and get some feedback on what might be causing your issues. 

Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!