IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, TN94z said:

I hear you on that. I'm making some swing changes and my range days will be great one day and horrible the next

Same here, taking lessons right now and working on changes, everyday is an adventure.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

@NatalieB is busy today packing for a trip so I’ll brag for her. She’s down to a 2.4, again almost entirely with “T” scores.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

@NatalieB is busy today packing for a trip so I’ll brag for her. She’s down to a 2.4, again almost entirely with “T” scores.

Well deserved bragging rights. Congrets 🚀

As a 7, I moved to Spain/Andalusia and it humbled me to 10-11. But I’m finally back to 9.5 now.

• 2 weeks later...

May be kinda dumb to post about such a small move but I am now a 19.5 instead of a 19.6. The cool thing is even if its .1 stroke its the lowest I have officially been. 12 rounds in a row under 100. I think I can reasonably get down to a 17 or so by the end of the year. Not gonna try to force it, just keep playing solid golf and let the chips fall where they may. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dropped down to a 9.6 today, officially establishing my position as what I can only imagine is the worst single digit in the world.

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

No change at 12.8. Two bad rounds in VA knocked off two bad rounds from last year. Going up next review unless I make some magic happen. Next round coming off was my best round last year and second best differential on the card.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 7/15/2019 at 5:06 PM, David in FL said:

Steady at 6.7.

Includes 5 T scores.  Low score 76, high score 84, and an 80.2 average.  

I’m nothing if not consistent!  

Sounds eerily familiar high 84, low 77 avg 80.2 only 1 T score though

• Upvote 1

15.1 this revision. A new low (high? lol) for me. 

Goal of 13 by the end of the year is probably a little steep...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator

@NatalieB is…

35BCDFE4-09E9-4A57-B091-F9A5C20ADB75.png

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@NatalieB has more talent in her little finger than I have.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

At 9.2 now, trending to 9.0.  Lessons have been helping, next on the list, hands farther in front of club at impact.

Gus
---------------

This morning, I sent in a request to GHIN (and my club) to deactivate and delete my account.  I will no longer be posting scores for a handicap.  I came to the realization this past weekend that scores and handicaps were ruining my enjoyment of the game.  I never compete, nor play for money - so my handicap was useless anyway.  I also deleted my Golfshot app.  Going to go back to the old school method of writing my scores in pencil on a scorecard, then throwing it in the trash after the round.  I hope that this will allow me to find joy in the game, as I would like to be able to continue playing.  I have grown tired of being upset with myself almost every time I play.  If I cannot figure out how to have fun regardless of the outcome - I'm going to start searching for a new hobby next year...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Woohoo!! Finally got a big decrease in the handicap! After another good month of Golf I am down to 18.7 (from 19.5)! Broke 90 more times this year then I have the rest of my entire golfing life. I’m just gonna keep working at it!

Edited by HJJ003
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2019 at 6:10 PM, HJJ003 said:

Woohoo!! Finally got a big decrease in the handicap! After another good month of Golf I am down to 18.7 (from 19.5)! Broke 90 more times this year then I have the rest of my entire golfing life. I’m just gonna keep working at it!

Down yet again, this time to 18.5. 

• Upvote 2

Down to a 6.9 after a very solid 75 last weekend. My game has made a ton of progress this year between visiting Erik up in Erie, a couple months of Evolvr coaching, and now a couple month of some in person coaching. I'm really happy with how my game has evolved this season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Somewhat replying to the OP. I am not part of any club, league, or any other governing body so I just keep mine in a ODS file that I update after each round. I use the actual calculations and take ESC into account as well. This is the first year that I have played more than one round since I was in my teens (31 now), and the first year ever taking it seriously. Sitting at 19.3, but hoping that next year I can finish it out below 15 for sure.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

On 10/16/2019 at 3:56 PM, Bonvivant said:

Somewhat replying to the OP. I am not part of any club, league, or any other governing body so I just keep mine in a ODS file that I update after each round. I use the actual calculations and take ESC into account as well. This is the first year that I have played more than one round since I was in my teens (31 now), and the first year ever taking it seriously. Sitting at 19.3, but hoping that next year I can finish it out below 15 for sure.

It’s worth mentioning that you don’t have to be a member of a club or any other “governing body” in order to maintain a handicap.

Go online to your state Golf Association, and you should be able to sign up for a GHIN handicap through them. The cost should be something in the neighborhood of $25-$30 per year.

From there you will be able to manage your handicap via a simple app on your phone…

:beer:

• Thumbs Up 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

15 hours ago, David in FL said:

It’s worth mentioning that you don’t have to be a member of a club or any other “governing body” in order to maintain a handicap.

Go online to your state Golf Association, and you should be able to sign up for a GHIN handicap through them. The cost should be something in the neighborhood of $25-$30 per year.

From there you will be able to manage your handicap via a simple app on your phone…

:beer:

Spend 30 bucks or spend 15 seconda after each round? I'll just keep doing it for myself

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Note: This thread is 1180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!